What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is not about hardpoint but carrying heavy weapons, suppose instead of 3600kg of weapons can it carry more than 4500 kg or somthing around that figure ?

yes conformal fuel tanks can adopted for the nest block
but there can't be any increase in the hard points

Hard points wount matter much they can change the configuration according to the mission .

this is not about hardpoint but carrying heavy weapons, suppose instead of 3600kg of weapons can it carry more than 4500 kg or somthing around that figure ?

It can lift more weight that is where Air to Air refueling comes into play , The pilot takes off with least amount of fuel SOP is 10min fuel and by the time you refuel you are already for action, In todays world technolgy is the predominant factor as long as you have 4 BVRs and 2 sidewinders you are good and dont forget the bullets.

yes conformal fuel tanks can adopted for the nest block
but there can't be any increase in the hard points

bro what makes you say so???
do you take addition of conformal fuel tanks an easier task when compared to addition of hardpoins, i dont think so.
well i can not bet that next blocks will see addition in hardpoints or not as i am not from PAF but one thing is for sure, if PAF want JF17 reach a next level and to actually deleiver what the promise of it then additional harddpoints are a must!

regards!

bro what makes you say so???
do you take addition of conformal fuel tanks an easier task when compared to addition of hardpoins, i dont think so.
well i can not bet that next blocks will see addition in hardpoints or not as i am not from PAF but one thing is for sure, if PAF want JF17 reach a next level and to actually deleiver what the promise of it then additional harddpoints are a must!

regards!

airframe of thunders allows to attach any conformal tanks with it

or if jf-17 is fitted with CFT.
it can help to relese two more hard points.

i think as we know that F 16 can carry 5400 kg plus load .... then we must increase the capability of our JF to carry more than 5500 kg load...............?

or if jf-17 is fitted with CFT.
it can help to relese two more hard points.

Its fuselage will have to be redesigned to incorporate CFT and CFTs were not in original design goals of Thunder when project was first initiated.

Right now what needed is a more powerful engine, reduced weight by incorporating composites, 2 more hard points, AESA.
:pakistan::pakistan:

Hi,

The only thing that is needed urgently is an operational sqdrn of the JF 17----2 more hard points loaded, will add extra weight for a plane that is smaller than the F 16 in size---air refuelling probe will be the biggest asset at this stage.

Other than that, nothing much is needed for now---smarter weapons and weapons systems are more accurate and so are rthe missiles---

Hi,

The only thing that is needed urgently is an operational sqdrn of the JF 17----2 more hard points loaded, will add extra weight for a plane that is smaller than the F 16 in size---air refuelling probe will be the biggest asset at this stage.

Other than that, nothing much is needed for now---smarter weapons and weapons systems are more accurate and so are rthe missiles---

Hi MK,

If we look at what IAF is going to get I think AESA is more important than any other thing.

Hi MK,

If we look at what IAF is going to get I think AESA is more important than any other thing.

hi,
AESA will only increase the price , at this stage it is more important to have better engine and more hardpoints, as there wont be much use for AESA if u cant carry enough missiles.
regards.........

Its fuselage will have to be redesigned to incorporate CFT and CFTs were not in original design goals of Thunder when project was first initiated.
Right now what needed is a more powerful engine, reduced weight by incorporating composites, 2 more hard points, AESA.
quote]

then the designer of f15 would have made a place for CFT on it while he was designing the structure about forty years ago.same story is with f16 too.there isnt any change in f16s original structure and and it takes CFTs on it.
CFT isnt have to do any thing with aircraft structure,but its the CFT which should be in aero-dynamical shape according to the structure of air craft.

here r some pix of some well known planes,carring CFT without any change in stucture.
rafale with CFT
4fd55da5ac4d1d4b98dca24561b8deab.jpg

ef2000 CFT
View attachment b66858b8797fc227c3a7172f746b4f3d.jpg

f ck 1 CFT

what wee need now for the JF is an operational squadron that can FIRSTLY refuel with the help of a tanker!!! SECONDLY the fighter needs to be able to fire AMRAAMs so AMRAAM integration is a bigger deal i guess than the CFT......they or the extra hard points can be a concept that we should think of later....

unfortunately it has gone awfully quiet on the JF front.....the squadron should have been flying by now....but no signs yet.....we will be lucky to just get 18 JFs in the air this year a squadron's strength! even the radar and avionics packages news has gone quiet...seems like JF program is going into a COMA.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom