What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why there is no news about any new PAC assembled copy in media? Come on guys we are gonna have first squadron of Thunders in the air by end of this year.

when will the first squadron be inducted enough talk about Block IIs and IIIs lets get our ones first with the cheap KLJ-7s and no BVRs

It has BVR capability.

so it means that klj-7 can't work beeter as compare to klj-10

The tracking & scanning capabilities may be same but range wise it would be different as J-10 is a larger aircraft meaning it can house a larger antenna while J-17 nose will house a smaller antenna.

That is the reason on various platforms we hear that KLJ-7 is the smaller version of KLJ-10.

Plus, the performance parameters of KLJ-7 are years old, they must have been improved by now & we all have heard that the JF-17 does not even have KLJ-7, rather something else & better.

well the first initial squadron will have the KLJ-7 radar beyond that the radar would change and i know it through an insider source.....

Last edited:
so instead of radar change after the first batch of 50 thunders they are going to go for a radar change right after the first squadron. well if true then then it would be great since it will be a better radar than what is being put on the thunder at the moment.

KLJ10 is for J10 whereas KLJ7 is for JF17. (a downgraded version of KLJ10)

There are reports that CAC put KLJ-10 on Thunder as well in order to keep PAF interested in Chinese radar and avionics package.

its a miniature version not downgraded version

There are reports that CAC put KLJ-10 on Thunder as well in order to keep PAF interested in Chinese radar and avionics package.

so instead of radar change after the first batch of 50 thunders they are going to go for a radar change right after the first squadron. well if true then then it would be great since it will be a better radar than what is being put on the thunder at the moment.

well the first initial squadron will have the KLJ-7 radar beyond that the radar would change and i know it through an insider source.....

The tracking & scanning capabilities may be same but range wise it would be different as J-10 is a larger aircraft meaning it can house a larger antenna while J-17 nose will house a smaller antenna.

That is the reason on various platforms we hear that KLJ-7 is the smaller version of KLJ-10.

Plus, the performance parameters of KLJ-7 are years old, they must have been improved by now & we all have heard that the JF-17 does not even have KLJ-7, rather something else & better.
KLJ-7 or klj-10
i think we should need to wait until operational status of first squadron of thunders is fully achieved

yap agreed but one thing about DC-thunder.
Looks ugly man

this is my first reply on this topic
i would like to know that is it possible in the next block of jf-17 to have conformal fuel tank without major degin change and is it possible to increase its weapons load on this platform :pakistan:

this is my first reply on this topic
i would like to know that is it possible in the next block of jf-17 to have conformal fuel tank without major degin change and is it possible to increase its weapons load on this platform :pakistan:

yes conformal fuel tanks can adopted for the nest block
but there can't be any increase in the hard points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom