What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry yar I was in a different state of mind to early in the morning perhaps:lol: normally AWACS are defense-less against a fightgers so it will turn on its ECM after the short has been taken at him it will take a 1/10 of a sec for it to know whats coming towards it and how to counter it.

Please do not embarrass me with that. To every defence personnel who has served his / her respective country, as they say, "Hum aapki jooti baraabar bhi nahin hain", and I say that with utmost sincerity. So please do not embarrass me. :)

On that point, I agree. His point was that AWACS would know the armament on a platform to which I said I have never heard of it. Knowing, once what is shot at it, is a different game altogether. But that is clearly not what PC had mentioned. :)

Regards,
Anoop.

trust me... todays Air borne warning systems can detect every thing what the AC is carrying be it Erieye, Palcon, wedgetail, KJ-2000 etc.. do you even know that fighter jets are also identified by the characteristics of its engine... thats where DSI comes in and pretty much hides it...

yup i know a plane can be identifies wit its exhaust signature but coming back to the point weather awacs can see what a plane had in its arsenal this is what anoop had to say and i pretty much agree with him:enjoy:

Hi,
No I do not know of any such technology. There are a few aspects of it though,

1.) Intelligence is fed to recognize the planes, let's say in missiles, so that they do not target the flares. So a pre-fed information can be there with AWACS, after the plane is identified. After all a plane can only carry a small number of load and that information is almost always globally known.
2.) Why would one need that information? The role of awacs is to know enemy, where and when, not which rifle the enemy is carrying? How does it matter if the guy is carrying Ak-47 or Insas? When every second counts, why should it waste it's precious time in identifying the weapons even if such facility were available.

And coming back to Point 1, when that information is really known to all and sundry, what is the point in identifying that info.
I would rather be interested in knowing if a submarine is carrying a nuke or not because that info is truly hidden.

Regards,
Anoop.

wadya think :undecided:

:cheers:

Pakistan is not getting 36 J-10/FC-20 this year.

The order is altered.

Now Pakistan is getting almost 50 J-10/FC-20 "high-tech" variant, to be delivered to the PAF in 2014-15, some speculate that this could be a version of the upgraded J-10B model.

On March 7th 2009, at agreement signing ceremony of JF-17 Thunder aircraft, Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mehmood Ahmed said the agreement between Pakistan and China for the delivery of High-Tech aircraft J-10 was intact and these aircraft after improving them further would be delivered to PAF in 2014-15. He said these aircraft are being modernized in accordance with the PAF’s requirements and delivered under the title of FC-20.

Currently PAF is focusing to develop Full-fledged production of JF-17 in Pakistan Aeronautical Complex, Kamra.

Planned Upgrade of JF-17 till 2015.

The first 50 JF-17s entering Pakistan Air Force service will most likely incorporate only Chinese avionics and other systems.
Extendable in-flight refueling probes will be added soon.
Minor airframe modifications to add two more external hardpoints have also been mentioned by some sources.

Greater use of composite materials in the airframe to decrease weight.
Chinese Infra-Red Search and Track (IRST) system, possibly the Type Hongguang-I Electro-optical radar originally developed for the Chengdu J-10 fighter by Sichuan Changhong Electric Appliance Corporation. JF-17 is already compatible with this system but currently it must be carried externally in a pod mounted on one of the hardpoints.
New engine; most likely the Chinese WS-13 TianShan, although the PAF is considering fitting European powerplants such as the French Snecma M88 to its aircraft.

Minor airframe modifications to reduce the aircraft's radar cross-section by adding stealthy features.

Beyond the initial 50 PAF JF-17s, the remaining production aircraft may also be equipped with European avionics, radars and weaponry. Pakistan had begun negotiations with British and Italian defence firms over potential avionics and radars for JF-17 during initial development. Some of the radar options for JF-17 are the Italian Galileo Avionica Grifo S7and the French Thomson-CSF RC400 (a variant of the RDY-2), along with the MBDA MICA IR/RF short/medium range air-to-air missiles.

This would make the fighter more attractive.
You copied the bold part of this post from Wikipedia's article on JF-17.
Who told you the order of J-10 is altered? Did you copy that from some crappy source like Wikipedia too? If you have inside information, you wouldn't need to copy anything from any website. Why did you post this stuff?

looking good:yahoo::smitten:

3df4b496b45eb7c2b1719acd8184d0b0.jpg

i never seen this pic before:undecided:

5c22ac5e59473294996c9f1e7709c7bb.jpg

the building cammo and the type of trees do suggest that the prototype is in pakistan "kamra" which is quite surprising for me... could it be that the prototype flew in pakistan way before the delivery date in gray paint scheme? could that also suggest that the testing were also done in pakistan?

Last edited:
looking good:yahoo::smitten:

3df4b496b45eb7c2b1719acd8184d0b0.jpg

Guys
Help this old fogey out. when you have posted the photo and the thread no longer shows it, how can you see the photograph.
Thankds in advance.
Araz

i want5 too see JF 17 and J 10 in future Ace combat and Hawx it is pleasure to fly them in game

These pictures have been floating on some websites for a few months...I didnt know they haven't been posted here.

These pictures have been floating on some websites for a few months...I didnt know they haven't been posted here.

No they were not. If they have been, they should had appeared somewhere. But they mysteriously appeared two days after being posted on pakdef.

Can you point me to a website other than the one on the pictures where these pictures have appeared. Nice job erasing the website.

No they were not. If they have been, they should had appeared somewhere. But they mysteriously appeared two days after being posted on pakdef.

Shamim sahib,

I am just saying that a month or so back, I was searching for pictures of JF-17 and I came across these pictures. There were a lot of pictures, but I happened to remember a few like this one...because there is a car (suzuki cultus) in it. If I remember correctly, there was another one with a few people around as well. I didn't know what has been posted and what not so I didn't bother saving them or putting them here.

I am pretty sure I recognize the picture. Btw, I am a regular visitor at pakdef and I thoroughly enjoy that site and especially your contribution.

Can you point me to a website other than the one on the pictures where these pictures have appeared. Nice job erasing the website.

I am not sure I get you. I just reported having seen these pictures before. I am NOT the one who posted them here.

I'll verify what mean_bird is telling. I have also come across the same pics on some websites in the past couple of months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom