What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan marketing its new JF-17 fighter jet, developed with China

Pakistan is making the rounds of Arab allies talking about its new fighter-jet. Officials said Pakistan has briefed such countries as Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Lebanon, Morocco, Saudi Arabia and Sudan on the new fighter, jointly developed with China.

Under an agreement with Beijing, a majority of the JF-17 could be produced and assembled in Pakistan.

"The airplane would reach close to the capabilities of existing U.S. and Russian aircraft, but for about half the price," an official said.

Pakistani Defense Secretary Shahid Siddiq said eight countries have expressed interest in JF-17. So far, no export sales have been announced.

In March 2009, Pakistan signed a contract for 42 JF-17s for the air force. The contract with China's state-owned CATIC, called for co-production of the aircraft, with the expectation that 15 would be manufactured in the first year of the project by the state-owned Pakistan Aeronautical Complex.

Pakistan has sought to become a significant military supplier to Gulf Cooperation Council and Middle East states. So far, Pakistan's leading military clients have been Saudi Arabia and Sudan.

The JF-17 program was launched in 1998 and the design was completed three years later. So far, eight prototypes have been sent to Pakistan for trials.

the building cammo and the type of tress do suggest that the prototype is in pakistan "kamra" which is quite surprising for me... could it be that the prototype flew in pakistan way before the delivery date in gray paint scheme? could that also suggest that the testing were also done in pakistan?

PC,

Right behind the aircraft it shows a board with AMF written on it. So the aircraft is definitely in Pakistan. Keep in mind that half the work and all of the final assembly will be done in Pakistan with the Test and Evaluation Flight and the AMF personnel conducting flight trials of the new aircraft rolling off the production line. As such Kamra will have a lot of aircraft in primer paint that you see in the picture. After the test flights, the aircraft will be painted. So this picture should no longer surprise anyone.

When will JF17 pass full clearance.. ??

When will PAF receive 42 planes on order. ??

are the electronic warefare suite jammers etc all chinease like the radar and weapons. ???

When will JF17 pass full clearance.. ??

When will PAF receive 42 planes on order. ??

are the electronic warefare suite jammers etc all chinease like the radar and weapons. ???

around 2010-11

in the first batch yes, they are chinese/local

PC,

Right behind the aircraft it shows a board with AMF written on it. So the aircraft is definitely in Pakistan. Keep in mind that half the work and all of the final assembly will be done in Pakistan with the Test and Evaluation Flight and the AMF personnel conducting flight trials of the new aircraft rolling off the production line. As such Kamra will have a lot of aircraft in primer paint that you see in the picture. After the test flights, the aircraft will be painted. So this picture should no longer surprise anyone.

Sir,

101, and 102 where shipped in pakistan in PAF paint scheme. i never knew that JF-17 were tested in pakistan before the plane was officially handed over to PAF in gray cammo. the paint was done in china not pakistan, however the pak-china flag was painted in pakistan.

A-O-A,
I have just an idea about jf-17 that is in attachment.
wasalam

Attachments

• JF-17.jpg
    JF-17.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 90

Is it just my fickle imagination o is here an IRST pod under the left air inlet. Does that mean that we will be doing th same.
Araz

A-o-A,
I am not an expert but i have an idea and we can share with one another.
As i sended a picture in attachment in last post. By making wing structure strong to carry more pay load and by adding pylon with fuel tanks on each wing to carry A-2-A missiles is also possible. By sharing experience of J-10, canards can also be fitted if necessary on JF-17 as are in JAS-39 Gripen. IRST can also be fitted as it is in J-10 B version by adjusting little bit nose. ECM can be fitted in front of front wheel if possible. Conformal fuel tanks as in F-16 new version. Obviously J-10 and JF-17 are two different league fighters but JF-17 is our baby. We should try to make it more impressive as we can.
Wasalam

Last edited:
The belly tank is fake. How on earth do they expect the nosegear to be retracted? You cannot have a few inches tollerance. For the rest there is not much new. They cannot fit dual racks for SD10 on the pylon that carries bombs... Why not go for same config as F16 's? USe wingtip for SD10. Add dual rack for WVR... That way you have 4 WVR and 2 BVR at hand. If needed you can use the fuelpylon for Ra'ad... And as expected the belly tank.

Is it just my fickle imagination o is here an IRST pod under the left air inlet. Does that mean that we will be doing th same.
Araz

That is the gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom