What's new

JF-17 Block III's proposed AESA Radar KLJ-7A

Well if u have so much faith on chinese marketing cant do much haha
And also there are no common base between radar and processor techs ..
and yes we can use silicon in T/R modules it might make them cheap but not effective enough for military applications ...
might be good for commercial usages though.
This is where the connection ends..
And regarding processors I dont find chinese anywhere near american chip industry..

We in India produce good enough Aesa with local manufactured chips for strategic purposes not even close to latest nm ranges...

and regarding JF-17 engine power ... a light single engine plane can never provide optimum power for an aesa with 1000 transmission receiver modules ...
better install aesa will lesser modules and keep them running on full capacity...
And same goes to your Tej@$$ MK 1A

See chinese can market an AESA with 4000 modules but when the time comes for installation the dimensions and power matters for a Plateform...
so is klgxyz aesa is shown with 2000 modules in actual case the modules can be decreased or increase based on Plateform...

and yes Rafale main selling point is passive stealth ... Spectra and the radar is although powerful is purposefully made smaller as this radar can use its hardware to max and can get a lock on fighter over 100 km without sweating much unlike a single engine fighter like JF-17 on above of that no radars materials are not semiconductor lol..
For military and strategic purposes we dont need some super processor tech ... there are tests where even a 128 nm chip can provide enough processing power for a fighter plane usage..
Radar tech entirely depends upon how much input power can be converted to output waves and receiver frequency a solid material can catch..the processing angle comes after that..
And if u beleive in chinese its again and again proven the marketing done by chinese are not even 50% of the things u receive...
So if pakistanis blindly trust chinese theb its thr mistake although I think other than chinese they neither have money nor influence to get some good deal outside so whatever chinese are selling them they r taking it as something is good than nothing
Yeah Rafale is the end ot the world and JF-17 is nothing. Just like the super powerful radar of Su-30 coupled with super powerful Saturn engines with thrust vectoring and acting as a missile truck, next time bring rafale with you as well, then we can talk further.

小龍第三代戰機的升級版是中巴聯合研發項目的最新升級產品。它使用先進的有源相控陣雷達,只能安裝在第四代半或第五代飛機上。這款機型是中國電子科技公司推出的KLJ7A。這種雷達不僅徹底消除了機械掃描雷達,使戰鬥機的視線更遠、更準確,而且多目標打擊能力也提高了一倍。還有兩種掃描模式的衍生模型。一種型號既有電子掃描又有機械掃描。該模型的雷達波束視場由固定陣面的120度擴展到180度,不僅視野更大,而且能連續照射目標。另一種型號在主天線前端兩側增加了兩個攝像頭。小天線陣、更大的雷達視場、更好的戰場感知能力,如果與「皮里15」和「皮里10」空空飛彈配合使用,升級版的「梟龍三號」將在南亞戰無不勝。

原文網址:https://read01.com/MJNMeEz.html

Can any chinese friend exactly translate above.
As per Google translation The KLJ7-A AESA Radar used in JF17 Block 3 have 120-180 Degree Radar beam View, Which i think very good. Infact too good to be true.

@LKJ86
@serenity

小龍第三代戰機的升級版是中巴聯合研發項目的最新升級產品。它使用先進的有源相控陣雷達,只能安裝在第四代半或第五代飛機上。這款機型是中國電子科技公司推出的KLJ7A。這種雷達不僅徹底消除了機械掃描雷達,使戰鬥機的視線更遠、更準確,而且多目標打擊能力也提高了一倍。還有兩種掃描模式的衍生模型。一種型號既有電子掃描又有機械掃描。該模型的雷達波束視場由固定陣面的120度擴展到180度,不僅視野更大,而且能連續照射目標。另一種型號在主天線前端兩側增加了兩個攝像頭。小天線陣、更大的雷達視場、更好的戰場感知能力,如果與「皮里15」和「皮里10」空空飛彈配合使用,升級版的「梟龍三號」將在南亞戰無不勝。

As per Google translation The KLJ7-A AESA Radar used in JF17 Block 3 have 120-180 Degree Radar beam View, Which i think very good. Infact too good to be true.

@LKJ86
@serenity

Seems strange to use western generation and then talk about 3rd generation JF-17 like Chinese generation. I think maybe they are referring to block 3 rather than saying JF-17 is third generation fighter like J-10 is fourth generation and J-20 fifth generation.

Says the radar as ability to mechanically steer and there are two side facing modules. Doesn't explain just says two modes available which one has allowed for mechanical steering and KLJ-7A will allow block 3 to use PL-15 and PL-10 missiles too. I think the 180 degrees meaning side view can be monitored by the two side facing modules. From picture of KLJ-7A, you can see the two side modules online so must be talking about these.

@LKJ86
@serenity
It is not official information, and just junk information.

Back
Top Bottom