What's new

JF-17 Block III's proposed AESA Radar KLJ-7A

They have already left Russia behind and at par with the west in most areas.

PAF is very VERY picky regarding avionics and electronics on its fighters. Zero compromise. I have a relative in Pakistan who used to be a PAF pilot (F-7PG). I often discuss PAF projects with him to get some valuable insight.

PAF would have ditched Chinese avionics if they did not match their Western counterparts. Let me assure you that Chinese avionics have not only come a long way, but they comfortably rival their Western counterparts. China has made a massive leap when it comes to electronics. It is scary.

How will it archive a thrust to weight ratio of 1 with the regular engine?

combat weight and max takeoff weight is not the same

combat weights assume 50% internal fuel as when you take off go out you burn fuel and when you arrive at the target your fuel weight is less

I read an article on mig-29 where just take off with full burner mean mig will burn 100kg fuel just on takeoff assuming jf has one engine so say 50 kg

bottom line donot take max takeoff weight which for f-16 is more than ~40k and engine Thrust of f-100 max being 25-29k Depending on model it will always be less then 1

combat weight is used as thrust to weight ratio calculation

Nah brother cant invest time you can see I seldom write more than one line. Search and learn you will get the info. The hint is Speay UK Licenced.

Now I think it is time for to post more than one cryptic one-liner, since - and I'm sure not only me - I'm very much interested what "Speay UK Licenced" has to do with a possible alternative engine to the regular RD-93.

At least I can*t find an answer since no "Speay UK Licenced" engine is suitable or related to the JF-17.

PAF is very VERY picky regarding avionics and electronics on its fighters. Zero compromise. I have a relative in Pakistan who used to be a PAF pilot (F-7PG). I often discuss PAF projects with him to get some valuable insight.

PAF would have ditched Chinese avionics if they did not match their Western counterparts. Let me assure you that Chinese avionics have not only come a long way, but they comfortably rival their Western counterparts. China has made a massive leap when it comes to electronics. It is scary.

Some gadgets being used so far in JF17 are of Western origin i.e from Indra-Spain, meanwhile position regarding Block -III still not clear.

Can you elaborate?

It is reported during some discussions that perhaps lot of tweaking has been done in engine i.e improved thrust and smoke control. I have not found any solid published proof.

Now I think it is time for to post more than one cryptic one-liner, since - and I'm sure not only me - I'm very much interested what "Speay UK Licenced" has to do with a possible alternative engine to the regular RD-93.

At least I can*t find an answer since no "Speay UK Licenced" engine is suitable or related to the JF-17.

"Nahin Bataon Ga" Means "I will not tell anything" :partay::pdf::lol::lol::lol::tup:.

Ok anoither hint just for you as I really like you ... It has nothing to do integrating Speay into JFT :woot: ... You have to go through the forum and that's a tedious task :devil:.
You can note that last two posts of mine are one-liner but liked by Sir Mastan Khan (One of the most praised in the forum). So it means something :azn:.
Thanks, @MastanKhan Boss :enjoy:.

Last edited:
If any it could be "RR spey engines"
E.g " spey rbs 168" that powers jh7.. But these are old engines and i think larger in size but similar thrust and still turbofans

RR developed variants of the anove emgine for many customers to fit their needs..inculding the AMX and chinese in 1980s.(ws 9)

So if approached 4-5 years ago a variant would have been possible even under liscene ..but this is long shot

If any it could be "RR spey engines"
E.g " spey rbs 168" that powers jh7.. But these are old engines and i think larger in size but similar thrust and still turbofans

RR developed variants of the anove emgine for many customers to fit their needs..inculding the AMX and chinese in 1980s.(ws 9)

So if approached 4-5 years ago a variant would have been possible even under liscene ..but this is long shot
It's WS-13. Remember it smoke far less compare to RD-33 engine. Not possible by just fighter design upgrade.

It is reported during some discussions that perhaps lot of tweaking has been done in engine i.e improved thrust and smoke control. I have not found any solid published proof.

These days you can simply 'Log-in' via the engine control panel also called the "Engine management System". There you can play around and tweak a lot of items, evaluation of various parameters, such as the occurrence of faults, over time. This makes it possible to make a detailed analysis of the condition of a machine, program maintenance activities, fine tuning system and evaluate, and so forth.

"Nahin Bataon Ga" Means "I will not tell anything" :partay::pdf::lol::lol::lol::tup:.

Ok anoither hint just for you as I really like you ... It has nothing to do integrating Speay into JFT :woot: ... You have to go through the forum and that's a tedious task :devil:.
You can note that last two posts of mine are one-liner but liked by Sir Mastan Khan (One of the most praised in the forum). So it means something :azn:.
Thanks, @MastanKhan Boss :enjoy:.

OMG ... everything is said. A new fan-boy hides behind another show-off with big sayings without substance. MK in particular only knows nationalistic chest pounding and any critical questions, no matter how stupid his claims are, are ignored.

Therefore everything is said with this post. BS, nothing but BS without substance.

OMG ... everything is said. A new fan-boy hides behind another show-off with big sayings without substance. MK in particular only knows nationalistic chest pounding and any critical questions, no matter how stupid his claims are, are ignored.

Therefore everything is said with this post. BS, nothing but BS without substance.

Ok Sir jee what I can say if you are not agreed to just go around. I quote down a few more hints.

1. Speay licenced version from UK old version.
2. China somehow gets its hand over new versions :woot:.
3. Single Crystal Blades and other goodies and tweaks.
4. One of middle eastern country has lost an F-15 engine around nearly a decade back :-) Never found :enjoy:.

That is all I can tell you, Sir Jee.
Further, I would say over and out Sir! :).

Last edited:
Ok Sir jee what I can say if you are not agreed to just go around. I quote down a few more hints.

1. Speay licenced version from UK old version.
2. China somehow get its hand somehow over new versions :woot:.
3. Single Crystal Blades and other goodies and tweaks.
4. One of middle eastern country has lost an F-15 engine around nearly a decade back :-) Never found :enjoy:.

This is all I can tell you, Sir Jee.
Further, I would say over and out Sir! :).
I think you are building a case that is on weak footings. If you think MK's Thanks is of any value you are in a quagmire and the only way in a quagmire is down.. Firstly a lost engine of an F15 has no value to the Chinese from the perspective of single crystal tech as you have to have the metallurgical base to try and find the actual combinations of metals and the temperatures and all the other complexities that I am clueless about. Over the last decade the chinese have poured in 20 billion into research on metallurgy to get to where they are and this is most likely to have been the cause of the success that they have achieved(even now I think they have a few more byears to go before they a hieve maturity of tech). Some information on electrical components might have been gained but that would have been minimal. The chinese can ask for Engine cores to be built by Spey RR but I dont know the current engagement that RRSpey has with the Chinese to be able to comment. Lastly the changes that made the smoke less between block one and block 2 related to the changes in one of the LPTs according to @messiach whom I would tend to believe on this subject.
A

Back
Top Bottom