What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

I do not know. But knowing that WS-13E is the most recent iteration, it would be pointless to go for anything else.

I honestly would not know. I am very surprised that IK indulged Russians to the extent of visiting war memorial a day after Putin had attacked Ukraine.

Apart from helicopters & perhaps some engine tech, I do not know what Pakistan could use from Russian arms that could not be had from China? I find it perplexing to say the least. No matter what Russia does, it is a declining power and I do not think Pakistan would get much out of a relationship with Russia. There is a lot to lose if Pakistan gets into bloc politics.

Right now even RD-93MA is a big question mark. On top of an unknown delivery schedule, we have to contend with sanctions & their impact.
WW2 meomorial is important even for ukrainians and former soviet countris that lost millions in fightings the germans

And when has USA not sanctioned Pakistan?
It's understood they will sanction us at every available opportunity or invented makeup opportunity..
Shouldn't bother much about it.
I think you are replying to some other post here and I don’t see a connection with my post.

WS-13E gone into production?

Has any variant of WS-13 been offered?
Yes it is ready and it's offered. Up to this point, no reason for paf to take it unless Russian option is cut off or Chinese option is vastly better. Neither has been the case, so paf has said no to china's offer.

This is clearly a case where china's reluctance to induct jf17 has hurt their export program.

But maybe with expected sanctions against Russia, china can try again to persuade Pakistan to use ws21. It would be good for the fc31 program for Pakistan to use it since that will allow them to find and then fix problems with ws21.

I do not know. But knowing that WS-13E is the most recent iteration, it would be pointless to go for anything else.

I honestly would not know. I am very surprised that IK indulged Russians to the extent of visiting war memorial a day after Putin had attacked Ukraine.

Apart from helicopters & perhaps some engine tech, I do not know what Pakistan could use from Russian arms that could not be had from China? I find it perplexing to say the least. No matter what Russia does, it is a declining power and I do not think Pakistan would get much out of a relationship with Russia. There is a lot to lose if Pakistan gets into bloc politics.

Right now even RD-93MA is a big question mark. On top of an unknown delivery schedule, we have to contend with sanctions & their impact.
In every situation of chaos lies opportunities. A lot of deals have been made in times of chaos which have proven pivotal in development of a nation. We need to watch and wait. Let the paint dry on these days to see whether this was a good or a bad move. No one knows the future but let us hope for khair out of this visit.
A

Last edited:
In every situation of chaos lies opportunities. A lot of deals have been made in times of chaos which have proven pivotal in development of a nation. We need to watch and wait. Let the paint dry on these days to see whether this was a good or a bad move. No kne knows the future but let us hope for khair out of this visit.
A

Since it's not the topic here but I will say in short, post Russia visit: if we have money, S-400 is not an issue. Leave aside the CAATSA etc but we gained a lot.

Since it's not the topic here but I will say in short, post Russia visit: if we have money, S-400 is not an issue. Leave aside the CAATSA etc but we gained a lot.
But we have HQ-9 with Pakistan specific modifications.
Why would we need S-400?

In every situation of chaos lies opportunities. A lot of deals have been made in times of chaos which have proven pivotal in development of a nation. We need to watch and wait. Let the paint dry on these days to see whether this was a good or a bad move. No kne knows the future but let us hope for khair out of this visit.
A
Good point. Considering a lot of India’s equipment is Russian in origin, the spares maybe delayed for the foreseeable future as Russians will be busy supplying their military in the field due to war attrition and need for spares.

So the chances of Indian aggression would seem to be less likely as the Ukraine war drags on.

Last edited:
From this PTV live program, JF-17Blk III
Untitled.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom