What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

First Image of JF-17 Block-3 in PAF Colours....In case someone missed it....check out the HUD. :)

1645817670972.png

Same would go for Pakistan though... That's why a replacement engine might be in consideration .....not today... But paf would keep that in mind... On the contrary we service our engines well as compared to Indians... Be it shortage of supplies on squadron level or bad servicing.... India would definitely have a tough time with the upkeep of Sukhois.... Further orders of Rafael might also not be possible because of large orders from UAE, Indonesia and Egypt... They are stuck with samosa LMAO....
True, but the effect on the PAF is a lot less than India. I think the Russia-Ukraine situation could push the PAF to pivot to the WS-13 for subsequent JF-17 builds.

True, but the effect on the PAF is a lot less than India. I think the Russia-Ukraine situation could push the PAF to pivot to the WS-13 for subsequent JF-17 builds.
I have to admit the PAF bosses' acumen in choosing the right partners at the right time! If planning early even a thief finds a way out!!!! Now, they're enjoying the buffers. For a reason the TAI boss has rushed to Pak to request for her deep leverages, tractions and connections; otherwise, all his major programs are at stake now....

What Pak thinks today the rest of the Muslim world thinks tomorrow....

It’s good that China is doing everything in house. The technology developed for the WS-15, such as single crystal brisk blade for the engine, and other advancements can find their way into the WS-19.

Considering the infrastructure build to maintain the RD-93, it only makes sense to maximize the use of that until there is a substantial improvement to warrant the change; 20% increase in thrust when the WS-19 is ready.

I hypothesis on a light fighter was not about the Russians developing a light 5th Gen fighter, but a light 4 th Gen fighter at the same time the JF-17 came out. They win by having their engine in the JF-17. Down the line if the JF-17 keeps evolving into a Block 4 model, with a WS-19 engine, and some RCS reduction features, the Russians will lose out, but by then they will be moving on to market their Su-75 and will be leaving the light end of the market to planes like the JF-17. Perhaps their Klimov engine company will switch to making engines for loyal wingman UCAVs.

Single crystal blade was conquered back before 2010.

WS-10A already used single crystal blade when it first came out and this also includes all the WS-10 prototype and pre production and service types.

Ceramic composite with hollow structure and laser drilled cooling holes is the edge of technology, which is applied in the latest engines. Single crystal was stuff of the 1980s for the western makers and 2000s for the Chinese makers.

You have no idea what you are talking about. I have seen your other posts, and they show a lot. Typical Pakistani immigrant issues.

It will take the fun out of things. Let HAL run their super computers and come up with the best estimates. PAC doesn’t operate for the benefit of fanboys. Confusing the enemy is better than not giving them information.

When did the US navy share the max speed of its ships or the endurance of its submarines?
Bossman bhai, let’s not sell turds as cupcakes shall we. If the idea was to hide stats and make it believable then the stats would be off but consistently so. This is clearly the classic situation you find in PK which is lack of attention to detail explained away as “oh yaar khair hay”. We see this on Penaflexes at air shows making our jet a midget and we see it in poor designs and finishing a of the most basic things. Ownership of authorship means diddly in my dear country unfortunately. Not the way to operate in areas that require exacting sciences.

EMMMMMM.....If Pakistan continues to purchase rd93 from Russia, it may be sanctioned by the US and EU,that's really terrible to Pakistan.
This is entirely possible. If this does happen, Pakistan would have been incredibly lucky for having a Chinese alternative which is an almost identical match. Therefore JF-17 program would not really be affected much.

For now we have to see the details of sanctions as they emerge. If it is only to the extent of SWIFT network ban, then Pakistan can always go for some other mode of payment which may actually benefit Pakistan. So let us see the details first. I am not really following up on the the Ukrainian situation & its impacts, for now.

EMMMMMM.....If Pakistan continues to purchase rd93 from Russia, it may be sanctioned by the US and EU,that's really terrible to Pakistan.
Pakistan shall let CAC handle the purchase of RD93 engines from Russia to avoid any political sanction from US. But I don't forsee this is a big problem as I believe, alternative engine like WS-13A is available.

Hi,

And who the --- are you to ask for explanation on this forum?
Calm down MK. His post is logical.

There is going to be some misinformation, deliberate or not. It is OK to question it. This is not like Pakistani media being told to report only positive news. This is an open forum & we have to be accountable for the content that we post. It is OK to call out others without being malicious, obnoxious, or just plain disrespectful.

Pakistan shall let CAC handle the purchase of RD93 engines from Russia to avoid any political sanction from US. But I don't forsee this is a big problem as I believe, alternative engine like WS-13A is available.
WS-13E, I think.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom