What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Can anyone explain how TWR increase from 0.95 to 1.07? As thurst remains the same🤔
0.95=afterburner thrust /empty weight+half fuel+2 SRAAM
1.07=afterburner thrust /empty weight

It's just a word game,new JF-17 B3 have a much higher weight but same engine,it make the TWR looks ugly.They indeed need a new engine

Last edited:
TRM modules size and power depends upon manfacturing technique(e.g GaN has 40% less power consumption)
Engine power /electrical output depends upon customization of that engine rather then its thrust

sure, but here's the thing.

Both sets came from the same manufacturer and is of the same generation.

so given thats the case, no one sane should expect the smaller set to have equal performance to the larger set.

JF17 block 2
Length :49ft
Height:15.5ft
Wingspan:31ft
Empty weight:14520lb
MTOW:27300lb
TWR:0.95
Max stations:07

JF17 block 3
Length :47ft
Height:15ft
Wingspan:31ft
Empty weight:7965kg (17557lb)
MTOW:13500kg(29762lb)
TWR:1.07
Max stations:8

View attachment 816888View attachment 816889
By reducing the weight they have taken the engine TW ratio above one. Excellent. Additionally the max TO weight is increased.

Well done engineers

No, you must be.

The updated specs don't make sense. Unless there is an engine change, which there isn't. The maximum thrust figures remain the same.

You missed the point, you are still confused😆. Folks in IAF and HAL are also scratching their heads, get it?

You missed the point, you are still confused😆. Folks in IAF and HAL are also scratching their heads, get it?

They are probably busy swearing & ridiculing PAF & PAC!

First the brochure blunder and now the website blunder is making Pakistan look like an idiot! Who is this guy? I wonna meet him in person! Is he on RAW pay list or what? Trying best to destroy our jet's reputation!

Last edited:
They are probably busy swearing & ridiculing PAF & PAC!

First the brochure blunder and now the website blunder is making Pakistan look like an idiot! Who is this guy? I wonna meet him in person! Is he on RAW lay list or what? Trying best to destroy our jet's reputation!

Let them swear and ridicule and figure out the right answers, why should PAC give it to them on its website.

You still don’t get it. Do you think PAF doesn’t know the height, length and TWR of the planes it makes and it’s QA/QC is that bad?

You are confused because that was PAC’s intent, get it?

Last edited:
You still don’t get it. Do you think PAF doesn’t know the height, length and TWR of the planes it makes and it’s QA/QC that bad.
Its the IT guy who messed up. They are not PAF personnel, i guess.

You still don’t get it. Do you think PAF doesn’t know the height, length and TWR of the planes it makes and it’s QA/QC that bad.

Are you trying to say its an epic move by PAF to confuse Indians? Yeah.. impresses no one!

For this fighter to be considered at par with international products, we need to have proper specs and brochures.

Are you trying to say its an epic move by PAF to confuse Indians? Yeah.. impresses no one!

For this fighter to be considered at par with international products, we need to have proper specs and brochures.
Customer Brochure may differ from Public Brochure?

Its the IT guy who messed up. They are not PAF personnel, i guess.

Its the 2nd blunder, does the people working hard on this project even know? What thee IT/marketing guys are doing? Where did they hire them from? Totally unacceptable!

i agree, they are doing a terrible job if marketing Blk3 if thats what they are spec’ing out

Customer Brochure may differ from Public Brochure?

I hope so mate, otherwise... Its seriously embarrassing!

i agree, they are doing a terrible job if marketing Blk3 if thats what they are spec’ing out

Look at the photo they have chosen to put at the banner! They have stretched it and made it disproportionate. Have messed up its aspect ratio. Plus have chosen a random click to put at the top banner!

No epic move, just a normal practice and they are not trying to impress anyone just not sharing the correct information in a public forum.

You think buying a combat jet is like buying a box of cereals that everything has to be printed on the box. Which was the last country that bought a fighter based on a brochure? I will not even buy a TV based on a brochure. Grow up.

You can scratch your head but do not jump to the conclusion that PAF/PAC is dumb, stupid and incompetent.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom