What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Do we have any pictures of the J-10C cockpit? Might give us some insight into the JF-17 Block 3 cockpit.
PAC has update jf 17 b3 info according to which it has multi coloured 3 panel display..

What? o_O
Pardon, and where does this tiny chart says anything about greater ground-clearance in comparison to the older Blocks and that heavy stores like that mentioned "larger cruise missile" or ""Larger loitering anti-radiation missiles can also now be carried" can be carried or that they even exist?

What? o_O
Pardon, and where does this tiny chart says anything about greater ground-clearance in comparison to the older Blocks and that heavy stores like that mentioned "larger cruise missile" or ""Larger loitering anti-radiation missiles can also now be carried" can be carried or that they even exist?

Well... You will see the pics soon

Keep tight guys, more good news coming through.
JFT has done a test flight with RA'AD from Kamra last week and some aviation spotters have captured it as well. The pictures are there but might not come that early. The version of the RA'AD is also unknown at the moment but it would most probably be 2.
Mark my post for NEAR future reference.

Flight Control System
  • Flight control system of JF-17 Block-III aircraft is a full authority, three axis, and quad redundant digital fly by wire system
We had been hearing about this for a long time so it is good to have this confirmation. I believe this is one of the major reasons for the delay in the Block 3.

Flight Control System
  • Quad-redundancy in Fly By Wire System
Quad is basically the standard so good. Some very advanced FCS are now triple redundant but that requires a lot of confidence in your systems.

Flight Control System
  • Autopilot, Auto spin recovery and Auto TEF controls
Wouldn't be surprised if this work fed into that feature (these are all JF-17 papers):
1645197494155.png

1645197541709.png

1645197603963.png

1645198076015.png

1645198127539.png

1645198217494.png

1645198261317.png

1645198656071.png

1645198719002.png

1645198744328.png

What? o_O

Well... You will see the pics soon

IMHO there is no change in clearance. Redesign of landing gear is a massive redesign that I don't think PAF has the time and money for. As I have stated on the Ra'ad thread, the Ra'ad is being integrated on the underwing pylon as shown by this plaque from July 2020 (note that the plaque shows Ra'ad 1, not 2, so both are probably being integrated):
The Ra'ad I may fit on the JF-17 afterall. This picture is recent (last month).
1645199300558.png

Last edited:
So the length and height of the JF-17 have been reduced? as I see the difference between wiki entry and PAC website. So what will be the advantage of this? A reduced RCS?

Last edited:
Three smart multi-function color displays

Shame - i was hoping it would have gone for a single widescreen - but I guess it comes down to money. Not the procurement cost - but the infrastructure to support and maintain the displays over 20-30 years, which have already been setup for the 3 MFD setup as part of Block 1 and 2's.

So the length and height of the plane have been reduced? as I see the difference between wiki entry and PAC website. So what will be the advantage of this? A reduced RCS?
what? share the data!

what? share the data!
See yourself. One link from the current PAC website. One from Internet Archive (leave wiki aside for the moment, as you can check it yourself on wiki). While the empty weight has been increased by a LARGE MARGIN!!!
Current PAC Data.
Archive of PAC Data (archived on 9 Jan 2022)

I was confused myself so I thought I should ask someone knowledgeable in this subject.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom