What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

We lost length & height?
They probably used rough conversions of the units. In the old page they were in metres but now are in feet. I haven't measured the plane yet, maybe some pixel counters can try.

Am i seeing double or does the Block-3 has similar landing lights on both the front and the main landing gears.

View attachment 816765
I guess it's just the angle and eyes playing trick....both set of lights are on the front landing gear just like on Thunder Bravo.

1645300648489.png

What I got from the website update: PAC sucks at making websites and brochures, how the heck did the jet get 1.07 TWR with the same thrust and weight, How is it two feet shorter and half a feet lower? How is the maximum payload down to 3600 from 4200? It’s like they have no idea what they’re typing.

Block III has built in SPJ and does not need an external pod like older models.

Unfortunately no F-35 style display.
Hopefully along with the SPJ, I hope the PAF will put in a Towed decoy. Leonardo sells a decent one. Could be very useful with the right tactics in a situation where the number of missiles, coming from different aircraft, that need to be dodged simultaneously.

JF17 block 2
Length :49ft
Height:15.5ft
Wingspan:31ft
Empty weight:14520lb
MTOW:27300lb
TWR:0.95
Max stations:07

JF17 block 3
Length :47ft
Height:15ft
Wingspan:31ft
Empty weight:7965kg (17557lb)
MTOW:13500kg(29762lb)
TWR:1.07
Max stations:8

View attachment 816888View attachment 816889

Some of the information is totally Fu*ked up!

The jet is shorter, its 3037 pounds heavier! i.e. 1377 Kgs! Max take off weight is 2462 pounds more, or 1116.74 Kgs!
Engine is the same, jet's empty weight is more and yet the thrust to weight ratio has increased! Magic!

Can the members with their intergalactic contacts make some calls and school the alien ship makers for the inability to make 1 proper website in the year 2022!

https://www.pac.org.pk/contact

We should use contact us and complain the shit out of whoever the idiot runs this page!

Last edited:
Some of the information is totally Fu*ked up!

The jet is shorter, its 3037 pounds heavier! i.e. 1377 Kgs! Max take off weight is 2462 pounds more, or 1116.74 Kgs!
Engine is the same, jet's empty weight is more and yet the thrust to weight ratio has increased! Magic!

Can the members with their intergalactic contacts make some calls and school the alien ship makers for the inability to make 1 proper website in the year 2022!

https://www.pac.org.pk/contact

We should use contact us and complain the shit out of whoever the idiot runs this page!
So you are totally confused? That’s the idea.

how is a smaller radar set going to have the same number of TRM as a larger set? and how it is going to be powered by a smaller engine if it did?
not like they're from different countries or at different tech levels.
TRM modules size and power depends upon manfacturing technique(e.g GaN has 40% less power consumption)
Engine power /electrical output depends upon customization of that engine rather then its thrust

Back
Top Bottom