What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

JF-17 is a lightweight fighter like the Gripen. I would have preferred a medium weight fighter like the J-10. I know I am gonna piss of a lot nationalists, but compare the J-10A with the JF-17 block 1. The J-10A looks far better.

We are talking about the 1990s?

So in your opinion PAF made the right decision?

Right. Keep in mind that up till then China has many unrealized projects, like the J-12, J-9, and Q-6.

Then you will be saying oh man we should never went for J-10 , why did not we joined the J-20 project back in 90s

We never thought JF 17 will take off as it did. Be real how many of us thought JF 17 project will achieve that heights where it is now. We all were trying to compare with F 16 but all along PAF wanted the light fighter to replace F7 and Mirages. We should be thankful JF 17 project even for starting and then afterwards surviving under the Zardari the soul seller when he was trying to roll back. Imagine if we didn't had the JF 17 project and no F 16 coming either, what state PAF would have been now?
If we want F 16 replacement or medium class aircraft at least we have some experience to make a start provided the funds are there. Could we ever have dreamt of 5th generation aircraft without the JF 17 project of our own?
There are always going to be if's and buts and what life could have been. After the nuclear program this is the second best achievement for us and we should be proud of our PAC folks.

Do we have access to the complete technology of the JF-17? Including avionics, etc?

Yes, at a high level. We don’t access to components such a chips or metallurgy etc. A lot of avonics are locally assembled including the Radar.
How about the AESA radar in block 3, any information if that is locally assembled?

There needs to be more restrictive areas in the forum where people identities are verified and more in-depth discussions can be had.
There is a seniors section but that is based on the number of posts only.

Back
Top Bottom