What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Will there be sufficient room? Just saying it is the cockpit... I guessed the previous point bcz last time, they attached the probe even aft of cockpit.. Anyway, the air duct is normally a panel (weaker) whereas cockpit is rainforced area but not roomy. But that point is above the wing so probably the strongest area. You are right that the light is in B2 too.
P.S. Nope, couldn't fight the light in B2.
The picture you posted is the old (South African I think) solution that was not accepted in the B2 production variants. This is what it looks like on production B2s - light and all:
1641405040846.png

Let's see if there is any difference between the first Prototype and the Production variant.

View attachment 805868

View attachment 805869

Sir G, in the second picture (3P04) the nose cone/section from where the cockpit starts to the pointed end (converging point of nose cone), seems longer than the first one (3000). Is it illusion or actually it is?

Sir G, in the second picture (3P04) the nose cone/section from where the cockpit starts to the pointed end (converging point of nose cone), seems longer than the first one (3000). Is it illusion or actually it is?
Yes the nose section is certainly bigger in the production aircraft.

3P06 to 3P11 ... with number 3P04 also known it is highly likely that also 3P05 exist.

So the question is, are there also 3P01-3P03 or are these the "prototypes" numbered 3000 and 3001 plus a missing one?

3P-03 was seen at PAC in a documentary aired back in September already, as was 3P-10.
As these are PAC factory codes and not Chinese construction numbers, there should also be 3P-01 and 3P-02.
Normally the first two Chinese protoypes would be PT-1 and PT-2.

Chinese construction numbers of the pre-production and series production aircraft would likely be FC10301 onward.
So the real oddity is in fact the '3000'. ;-) My explanation is that this one is probably PT-1.

But, you are more at home in Chinese production matters than most of us of course ;-)

Those guys who are confusing how many built in Pak and how many were prototype, this picture should conclusively answer you. 3P-09 is labelled as 7th aircraft. Meaning the 3P-11 is the 9th one.
So 9 built and parked on tarmac at Kamra on the day these pics were taken.
3P-03 was seen at PAC in a documentary aired back in September already, as was 3P-10.
Correct. Here's my post from then:

As these are PAC factory codes and not Chinese construction numbers, there should also be 3P-01 and 3P-02.
Incorrect, 3P-09 is labelled 7th aircarft. This convention is being followed since a long time.

Normally the first two Chinese protoypes would be PT-1 and PT-2.

Chinese construction numbers of the pre-production and series production aircraft would likely be FC10301 onward.
So the real oddity is in fact the '3000'. ;-) My explanation is that this one is probably PT-1.

But, you are more at home in Chinese production matters than most of us of course ;-)
PT-1 was labelled 3000 by China, PAC therefore skipped 3P-01
PT-2 was labelled 3001 by China, PAC therefore skipped 3P-02

Attachments

• 3P-09 7th Aircraft.png
    3P-09 7th Aircraft.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 78
Whats with one photo at a time?
For 1, I have no clue. The guys there just e-mail me the pics & I just blur out the faces of the Pilots & stamp their logo where ever they tell me.

Secondly, its their facebook page so I have no input on when to release the images.

There is a 3rd image I currently have in my Inbox, but no word on what i'm supposed to do with it.

Here is 3P-03 (1st aircraft manufactured in Pakistan) almost ready back in september

Attachments

• 3P-03.png
    3P-03.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 72

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom