What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Towed decoy?

I will only say that, there is a lot to be integrated and coming with Block-III once after testing is done and before handing over to PAF. Way to go Block-III.
They also seem to be missing flare dispensers......customer specific or something else.
@SQ8

Since Block-III is a leap forward in evolution of Thunder; I will assume that PAF will be testing some critical sensors/gadgets one at a time before fully customized/integrated air frame and then will be final sorties to see how all those works in conjunction.

Congrats folks now one can finally , wake up in morning and enjoy this moment and claim yep the
JF-17 Block III are out of the bag

Love it :coffee:

(5 to 25~36) J10-P (March 23rd induction / Fly past)
(7 or 11) , JF-17 Thunders Block III (Likely also ready by March 23rd with paint finishing )

• Proper height from ground level, to to carry Raad :) adds a new dimension truly expanding scope of Thunders
  • New Radars better battle field engagement

Last edited:
For those guys who are sad about upgrades. Let's talk about upgrades then.
1- AESA Radar
2- EW Suite
3- Upgraded avionics
4- New HUD
5- HMD
6- dual racks
7- Extra Hard Point
8- New missiles (PL-10, PL-15)
That is one hell of a upgrade.
Note: Engine is not confirmed yet or we will see new engine after first order of 30.
Higher ground clearance I heard. This would be useful for integrating the latest version of RAAD and other weapons

k

3P06 to 3P11 ... with number 3P04 also known it is highly likely that also 3P05 exist.

So the question is, are there also 3P01-3P03 or are these the "prototypes" numbered 3000 and 3001 plus a missing one?
No.2 is always used to be a static test plane in China.

No.2 is always used to be a static test plane in China.

I know and therefore my question ... we know no. 04-11 aka 8 aircraft, so either no. 01-03 are the prototypes which would fit to the typical standard (two flying ones and one static), however usually these don't have 3Pxx batch numbers.

As such I expect them to be additional ones but then there must be also no. 01-03.

PAF doesn't differentiate between 93 and MA as they are the same engine. The MA is the IPE version of 93. They are the same engine. All blk 3s will switch to MA eventually due to higher t/w and power requirements. We don't know if the first batch has 93 or MA as they are externally identical.

Don't be surprised if they've swapped MAs in few aircraft for testing purpose already. After all, Flight testation hasn't commenced yet.

Nearly impossible to distinguish one from the other.
So....how is the aircraft going to generate extra power for AESA and additional payload, when the engine is the same?

Air exit I guess.
Was this intake there for B2? May be exit for it... Better @The Eagle can point out. I can see two sensors (or hinge) above dragchute lid. The black rectangle can be to detect IR homing. However, backward MAWS should be embeded in the vertical tail suite?

Attachments

• 1641397264028.png
    1641397264028.png
    200.6 KB · Views: 57

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom