What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Who else can spot the wider intake!! 😄

It's not a 'wider' intake. Block 1/2 have a natural taper in the inlet surface. If you make a cut for the opening a bit to the left, you get a larget inlet because you have cut away some of the taper. It is not obvious at this angle, we will need better pics to compare.

It's not a 'wider' intake. Block 1/2 have a natural taper in the inlet surface. If you make a cut for the opening a bit to the left, you get a larget inlet because you have cut away some of the taper. It is not obvious at this angle, we will need better pics to compare.
I was being sarcastic there. Of course one cant discern that from a picture

C748C981-A9D8-40F7-805D-D893C5D7ECFE.jpeg

@PanzerKiel sir tell us about the power plant now it’s visible
@HRK @Deino

Last edited:
If we go by the production numbers on tail, it is safe to say that 11 units have been produced so far. If we go by the earlier reports of 2 prototypes already produced, it means that 9 units have rolled out from AMF.

For the engine, somebody already posted this link some time ago at some thread which i don't remember:

it says:

"When asked if the JF-17 Block III will be powered by the new and more powerful Russian RD-93MA engine (modernized version of the RD-93 that equips the current Thunder) or the Chinese Guizhou WS-13, the answer was… neither.

PAC confirmed that for now there are no plans to change the propulsion plant of the JF-17, which will use the same model as the previous Thunder blocks."

may be why ordered 30 planes, which also lead us to 2023-24 (probably a time for engine availability) when we may see new engine equipped planes coming in from number 31 onward after completion of current batch?

For the engine, somebody already posted this link some time ago at some thread which i don't remember:

it says:

"When asked if the JF-17 Block III will be powered by the new and more powerful Russian RD-93MA engine (modernized version of the RD-93 that equips the current Thunder) or the Chinese Guizhou WS-13, the answer was… neither.

PAC confirmed that for now there are no plans to change the propulsion plant of the JF-17, which will use the same model as the previous Thunder blocks."

may be why ordered 30 planes, which also lead us to 2023-24 (probably a time for engine availability) when we may see new engine equipped planes coming in from number 31 onward after completion of current batch?

I love how PAF is working... taking small steps forward ensuring you keep adding to the numbers, yet have engine upgrade plans when you would've produced half of your jets.

I love how PAF is working... taking small steps forward ensuring you keep adding to the numbers, yet have engine upgrade plans when you would've produced half of your jets.

yeah and that way atleast things are moving.
so far we have seen number 11, wonder how many are ready for taxi run?
if they are 14 already and on that basis if we expect 14 this year then probably 2023 is the year for new engine test and trials.

Back
Top Bottom