What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Let's see if there is any difference between the first Prototype and the Production variant.

View attachment 805868

View attachment 805869

The three nose sensors seem to be more evenly distributed. The top one seems to be dead centre (or maybe it's just the angle) and the other two are evenly placed on the under side. This could mean a better manufacturing process which is able to create a more even airflow that can be measured evenly. Or it could represent a necessary change because the heat of the AESA radar would provide wrong measurements.

You're right!
View attachment 805891
Same number, different positions.
BTW that big thing is antenna I guess? Can the pod compensate the missing sensors? I mean laser warning sensors in SPECTRA are not that important? IR is so we have that in B3. Then missile homing wd be there! I guess by the main radar? In fact idk what i am talking :P

well i am confused may be block 2 got upgrade to block 3 standard because prototype 3000 looks bigger than these production units even back landing gear looks taller

BTW that big thing is antenna I guess? Can the pod compensate the missing sensors? I mean laser warning sensors in SPECTRA are not that important? IR is so we have that in B3. Then missile homing wd be there! I guess by the main radar? In fact idk what i am talking :P
Yes I believe that's the VHF antenna. I don't think there are any missing sensors.

Again, tea for our esteemed guests on this thread who prefer to remain anonymous.
images (15).jpeg

IMG_20220105_004117.jpg

Finally some music for ears.

*JF-17A THUNDER BLOCK III PRODUCTION CEREMONY*

The Chief of Air Staff of The Pakistan Air Force Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan has announced that Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) has officially started production of the 4++ Generation JF-17A Thunder Block III advanced fighter aircraft, in a ceremony here today. The Chief of Air Staff also inaugurated the JF-17A Block III’s production and integration facility at PAC Kamra.
The Pakistan Air Force was also *handed over a squadron of 14 JF-17B Block II aircraft, by the PAC*. The induction ceremony was attended by Chief of Air Staff, the Chinese ambassador and the *Nigerian ambassador*.
Last year, PAC officially closed down production of the JF-17A Block II variant and started work on the JF-17B Block II variant, producing 8 of them in 2019 in just 5 months. Now JF-17A Block III production has started with the *first Block III variant to be inducted in early to mid 2021*.
The JF-17A Thunder Block III is an advanced 4+ generation fighter, armed with the latest radars, sensors, *electronic warfare equipment*, cockpit ergonomics, HUD, MAWS, *HMD* and a *strengthened structure* using more advanced composites. The fighter will feature an *advanced variant* of the RD-93 engine previously used, the *RD-93MA*. The fighter will also feature the most capable and longest-range air-to-air missile in the world, the *PL-15 BVR missile* which only China currently uses. The *PL-15 outranges the Indian Rafale’s upcoming Meteor BVR missiles by over 100 kilometres* and America’s latest BVR missile the AIM-120D by over 120 kilometres. The fighter will also feature a new *high off-boresight IR missile, the PL-10*.
Some details...

Last edited:
Vast sums?

The average middle class salary hovers between 60k to professionals making 1-2 lacs per year.

Unless your daddy has made you a house , 2 lac rupees barely gets you a half decent car, rent and family support - leave the idea of ever owning your own roof. There is a reason educated professionals want out of Pakistan unless their families are either settled with houses and/or additional millions in the kitty.

Please do not confuse the 1% driving around in Audis as some Rich country
so brother tell me when these people get married and their salaries are 60k to 1 - 2 lakh (as you say) where do the 2 sets of gold come from. the 75 suits. the food for 1000 people. the overseas honeymoons.
I just spent 7 years in Pakistan and I know members of my immediate family that plead poverty but when it comes to it the money flows.
Regarding the 1% trust me it's a lot more than 1%. even villagers are buying in DHA and Bahria and other societies.
NOt sure if you reside in Pakistan, but Pakistan is prosperous and the state is poor due to poor tax collection and mismanagement. Pakistanis generally want to go abroad to escape their families as well as freedom and a better quality of life

well i am confused may be block 2 got upgrade to block 3 standard because prototype 3000 looks bigger than these production units even back landing gear looks taller
I think after strengthing the structure, the new high landing gear can be installed. They say it is a modular design. So, some 'inflated' parts can be installed at Block 2.

Yes I believe that's the VHF antenna. I don't think there are any missing sensors.

More sensors and most of them are relocated.same as like on nose given installation of AESA. For those who flies and are good to understand what's the stuff beneath, this Block - III is like a crush in it's size and offered capability. This little Birdie holds a lot more than enough under it's skin.

Congrats Pakistan. May ALLAH Pak bless this country and keep us safe from harms by the hands of traitors and give us strength to deal with external enemies. Ameen.
Those questioning.and trying to recognize the engine, can however try to understand.the size or design or placement of two inlets.

I am just playing random since @PanzerKiel is already here with Qahwa which is all one will have in such weather.

The three nose sensors seem to be more evenly distributed. The top one seems to be dead centre (or maybe it's just the angle) and the other two are evenly placed on the under side. This could mean a better manufacturing process which is able to create a more even airflow that can be measured evenly. Or it could represent a necessary change because the heat of the AESA radar would provide wrong measurements.

Another thought on the movement of sensors from the sides: Does the AESA radar have side panels? The metallic sensors would definitely interfere with radar signals in that case. Or, this radar has significant sidelobes and even in that case the sensors would interfere. The first possibility is welcome, but the second possibility means subpar performance of AESA beamforming.

Back
Top Bottom