What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

This J10 being not too good got me to catchup with my old friend in PAF today. I cannot share all the details here but he was one of the F16 fans and was against the idea of buying J10s. Today he told me he has changed his mind completely and is a big fan of J10C. I inquired about it and he told me he had worked with PLAAF since last year and mainly on J10C. He said the J10C completely blew my mind and the more i worked with it the more i started to love it. He said people that discount J10 actually dont know it and have no idea what a beautiful beast it is. I couldn't believe an F16 die hard fan now is a J10C fan, and he is a top notch PAF engineer, now on a senior position in PAF. I am personally now satisfied that PAF have made very good choices and the next few years will be interesting.

All being set up as part of the in house design capability. They have composite fabrication capability including large ovens for carbon fiber. Stop being an idiot and do some research. Your lack of knowledge coupled with bias is obvious.
Ovens?

You are the idiot here. If you can not give respect to @denel at least refrain from using coarse language.

Last edited:
No, and the Chinese AWACS were not bought for the JF-17 but were a controversial decision which many in the PAF did not want and which is why NO MORE Chinese AWACS were bought and which is also why they developed their own datalink and focus on the Saab Awacs and not rely on the Chinese AWACS. The Chinese AWACS cannot talk to F-16s but the SAAB can talk to them
and JF-17s and AD systems too which is why the PAF recently increased the number of SAAB systems they have and NOT the ZDK-03.
I have heard SAAB will not entertain more AWACs requests from pak side due to india is it true ?

Last edited:
Saab will see ER's to Pakistan if PAF requests it - i am certain of that. The Indians are not buying anything from SAAB anyway and AEW&Cs are considered defensive systems and not offensive.

Ovens?

You are the idiot here. If you can not give respect to @denel at least refrain from using coarse language.

Do some research on Composite Curing Ovens, then we can decide who is the idiot here. This relate to what Denel was saying that PAC cannot fabricate composite wings.

Denel is continuously BSing without listening to reason or doing research. Sometime people have to be shocked to get them to stop. BTW idiot is not foul language it is a word to describe a type of people. If you insist I can also find a appropriate word for your behavior.

Do some research on Composite Curing Ovens, then we can decide who is the idiot here. This relate to what Denel was saying that PAC cannot fabricate composite wings.

Denel is continuously BSing without listening to reason or doing research. Sometime people have to be shocked to get them to stop. BTW idiot is not foul language it is a word to describe a type of people. If you insist I can also find a appropriate word for your behavior.
Auoclaves are not ovens. Get this straight. And yes, you are an idiot who keeps insisting on his mistakes. Stop making a fool of yourself.

This J10 being not too good got me to catchup with my old friend in PAF today. I cannot share all the details here but he was one of the F16 fans and was against the idea of buying J10s. Today he told me he has changed his mind completely and is a big fan of J10C. I inquired about it and he told me he had worked with PLAAF since last year and mainly on J10C. He said the J10C completely blew my mind and the more i worked with it the more i started to love it. He said people that discount J10 actually dont know it and have no idea what a beautiful beast it is. I couldn't believe an F16 die hard fan now is a J10C fan, and he is a top notch PAF engineer, now on a senior position in PAF. I am personally now satisfied that PAF have made very good choices and the next few years will be interesting.
That’s very interesting to know. You should tell at least a little more, like what are some of the J10C features that made him change his mind completely

You haven't said anything other than j10c is a beautiful beast?? What does that equate to?
Also why is a Pakistani engineer working on a j10c when we don't have j10c in our inventory? Why would China allow it?

All being set up as part of the in house design capability. They have composite fabrication capability including large ovens for carbon fiber. Stop being an idiot and do some research. Your lack of knowledge coupled with bias is obvious.

Disgraceful to call a senior member like @denel whatever nonsense you labeled him. You need to show respect and convey your views in respectable manner. Denel's knowledge on aviation engineering is unmatched on this forum and we are all privileged to benefit from his knowledge.

Ovens?

Yes, ovens. This is a company that supplies parts manufactured with composites to the F-35 program. Take a look at their capabilities

• autoclaves – two Bondtech 3m x 8m and one Scholtz 5.2m × 13.5m
  • batch oven – GTD oven 2m x 3m x 7m

@Bossman

If tomorrow 10 J-10Cs & 10 F-16Vs landed and India attacked -
The PAF pilots in the J-10 may be proficient in flying them but they would struggle with syncing datalinks, figuring out effectiveness in different parameters and working with other PAF assets to maximize the potential of that asset, apart from the fact that only the pilots trained to operate them from China would be able to fly them. At best those aircraft would be 50% mission effective and would realistically require 3 years before being fully understood by everyone from the pilots , technicians, AD controllers, tactics and strategists in AHQ. All of that is time and costs added beyond the price tag of the aircraft.

The 10 F-16Vs however would not have issues on datalinks, most of the weapons and flight performance would be known by all up and down the chain and even if the pilots that specifically trained on them were unavailable due to an emergency ANY Pilot from 5,9 or 11 sq would be able to start them up and take them up in the air to fight even if they aren't able to utilize the improved sensors and weapons to their fullest, they would understand most of the switchology and capability without the additional conversion. Technicians would still know how to service the engine for the most part, AD would know what to expect and strategists in AHQ how it integrates with their existing war plans without too much modification. That is what the PAF drools about.

Start off-topic humor -->

Aik martaba ka zikr hai keh @SQ8 road peh chal rahay thay, keh achanak say larkharai aur faalooday kay drum main jaa giray. Jab say bahar niklay hain rang barangi posts karna shuroo kar di hain. Ab khadshah hai kisi din rainbow kay saray rangoon wali post na kar dain :omghaha: :omghaha: :omghaha: :omghaha: :omghaha: :omghaha: :omghaha: :omghaha:

<-- End off-topic humor

We sold ourselves to America to get the F-16s. I support selling an arm, a leg, and whatever else to prevail upon Russia to let us buy J-15s/J-16s. The most natural progression of Azm is the re-design of JF-17 as a medium weight fighter, with work done by PAC within Pakistan. I fear with J-10s we will never advance our local infrastructure and industry.

Yep. If not F-16s, the next preferred solution was the Typhoon T3. Yes, it would've been the costliest solution, but the 24 aircraft would've built on the 75-odd F-16s relatively well with some interoperability. You could also take both platforms out to multi-national exercises to fine-tune procedures outside of your comfort zone. IIRC you could also deploy the AMRAAM C5 and JDAM from the T3.

Dear Bilal & @SQ8 do ask AHQ why upgraded T3b's were turned down. What were the non-fiscal factors that killed this deal.

Back
Top Bottom