What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

All being set up as part of the in house design capability. They have composite fabrication capability including large ovens for carbon fiber. Stop being an idiot and do some research. Your lack of knowledge coupled with bias is obvious.

Brother,

He is a Pakistan hater, who has been exposed many times.
He is not here to learn, but to collect intel, spread dis-info and dishearten people.
Let him lead the blind, you ignore, and carry on your good work.

On the other hand, can I humbly request you to take it easy with @Chak Bamu ? You two fine gentlemen, seem to have gotten of on a wrong foot. A reset/ de-escalation could sort things out, for both. After all, we all are on the same team.

Good day to you Sir!

For now. GaN-based radars offer much-improved efficiency. I'm confident the PAF will pursue another AEW&C in 7-10 years, but it'll be interesting to see how. I'm sure the ideal scenario is the Erieye ER, but India's watching... The alternative is finding a GaN TRM supplier and using COTS input to design and build our own AEW&C.

Something like the Embraer Lineage 1000E (or E190-E2) might be able carry a large array up top and possibly three smaller arrays (one on each side of the fuselage and maybe one ground-facing one underneath). Could make for a monstrously capable platform, especially once you leverage distributed ELINT/SIGINT nodes, UAV feeds, etc.
Pak may opt for the Turkish solutions, based on Embrier, for both Awacs and SOJ.....

Saab will see ER's to Pakistan if PAF requests it - i am certain of that. The Indians are not buying anything from SAAB anyway and AEW&Cs are considered defensive systems and not offensive.
After their beloved Gripen flopped It's likely they're desperate for any customers at all. India specifically rejected the Gripen, as well as whining about their sales to Pakistan.
Sir,

A proper description would clarify any ambiguity. Therefore, would it be equivalent to:

A) A howling bitch in heat,
B) A squealing pig,
C) A donkey braying with a bull horn

Thank You
Pakistan: Buys weapon
India: Shopping Jihad!!! #sanctionpakistan

After their beloved Gripen flopped It's likely they're desperate for any customers at all. India specifically rejected the Gripen, as well as whining about their sales to Pakistan.

Pakistan: Buys weapon
India: Shopping Jihad!!! #sanctionpakistan

Hi,

Gripen is not a FLOP---. It is one of the finest aircraft on the market at this time.

The problem is with Swedish govt---it fc'kd up by not selling it to PAF.

PAF would have been the best advertisement for the Gripen.

Brother,

He is a Pakistan hater, who has been exposed many times.
He is not here to learn, but to collect intel, spread dis-info and dishearten people.
Let him lead the blind, you ignore, and carry on your good work.

On the other hand, can I humbly request you to take it easy with @Chak Bamu ? You two fine gentlemen, seem to have gotten of on a wrong foot. A reset/ de-escalation could sort things out, for both. After all, we all are on the same team.

Good day to you Sir!

For the benefit of everyone it is important to know the context. In the past PAF had hired South African engineers on certain systems including H2 and H4. Denel had aspired to be one of those engineers, however despite his efforts his offer was rejected. The reason for rejection was that he was considered a security risk because of his close links with Israel. PAF concluded that Mossad was trying to plant an agent In AERO.

Or just change the radar and on the ZDK-03 with an advanced version

For now. GaN-based radars offer much-improved efficiency. I'm confident the PAF will pursue another AEW&C in 7-10 years, but it'll be interesting to see how. I'm sure the ideal scenario is the Erieye ER, but India's watching... The alternative is finding a GaN TRM supplier and using COTS input to design and build our own AEW&C.

Something like the Embraer Lineage 1000E (or E190-E2) might be able carry a large array up top and possibly three smaller arrays (one on each side of the fuselage and maybe one ground-facing one underneath). Could make for a monstrously capable platform, especially once you leverage distributed ELINT/SIGINT nodes, UAV feeds, etc.
I agree PAF should only acquire new platforms only if they provide some extraordinary capability that Thunder can't like long-range twin-engine or 5th Gen, otherwise PAF should invest more in offensive sub-systems and make Thunders more lethal. I would prefer PAF come up with a bigger version of Thunder to capitalize on their acquired know-how and go to the next step rather than buy something off the shelf.

Not 3 squadrons but 150 more block III and beyond.
Sadly I think most people here want J-10 instead and I don't see the same psychological impact there on the Indian psyche

7-10 years? Id say 17-20 at least, possibly longer. The existing birds will be upgraded at least once or twice before they are replaced. As long as their is airframe life in Saabs those birds will remain in service.

Last edited:
Doesn't matter how good the product is, if it does not sell, it's a commercial flop.

Hi,

Gripen is not a FLOP---. It is one of the finest aircraft on the market at this time.

Or just change the radar and on the ZDK-03 with an advanced version

I agree PAF should only acquire new platforms only if they provide some extraordinary capability that Thunder can't like long-range twin-engine or 5th Gen, otherwise PAF should invest more in offensive sub-systems and make Thunders more lethal. I would prefer PAF come up with a bigger version of Thunder to capitalize on their acquired know-how and go to the next step rather than buy something off the shelf.

So much opportunity for the JF17 program to continue to grow. There is a possibility of a twin engine stealth version (J35), there is a possibility of JF17 drone version as well.

J10 are only being acquired to supplement existing JF17 squadrons and to gain access to the PL-15. I dont see PAF going for more then 50-60 even in the long term. Other than that PAF will focus on its 5th generation program and JF17.

You haven't said anything other than j10c is a beautiful beast?? What does that equate to?
Also why is a Pakistani engineer working on a j10c when we don't have j10c in our inventory? Why would China allow it?

Well i cannot say anything unless the one informing me gives me permission. Also dont know why Pakistani engineers go there lolz. Sorry but it was more for my personal confusions and that got cleared. Things will slowly become public and official.

Hi,

Fun fact about the gripen and advertisement. The swedish wanted to advertise the gripen even more. The us said go bomb Afghanistan with the Gripen. Sadly for them the war was over soon after the us said that

Well i cannot say anything unless the one informing me gives me permission. Also dont know why Pakistani engineers go there lolz. Sorry but it was more for my personal confusions and that got cleared. Things will slowly become public and official.
The reason is fairly simple. The planes landing in Pakistan need a support crew as well. It isn’t just the pilots getting trained there.
Or just change the radar and on the ZDK-03 with an advanced version.

Isn’t there a program for upgrading ZDK03 radar to AESA as it’s alongside its mission systems. Thought we had a bird in China going through upgrades.

Well bhai as long as you are happy 😊 that's good

For the benefit of everyone it is important to know the context. In the past PAF had hired South African engineers on certain systems including H2 and H4. Denel had aspired to be one of those engineers, however despite his efforts his offer was rejected. The reason for rejection was that he was considered a security risk because of his close links with Israel. PAF concluded that Mossad was trying to plant an agent In AERO.

Hi,

They would not do it so openly. I am pretty sure many a local turncoat mossa agents are in service.

I have heard SAAB will not entertain more AWACs requests from pak side due to india is it true ?
Unless India puts a sizeable multibillion dollar order with Sweden they have no incentive to block any sales to Pakistan. So far it doesnt look like India is in any mood to place order from sweden.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom