What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Building 150 block 3 by 2025???

Do you think we have a transformers technology?

As for as JF-17 block 3 is concerned, We haven’t even seen the mock-up. I was hoping to see it this month but some Chinese members are saying that China will not reveal that. So block 3 mock-up May already been build.

Here is the estimated time line of the block 3
2019-2020: 1st prototype will be build.

2020: it will go through extensive testing. If the testing is all good then it will go into limited production. If something is missing or enhancements is required, 2nd, 3rd and even 4th prototype will be build.

2020-2021: If everything goes as plan then it will go through testing phase of the prototype before it goes into limited production (3 to 4).

2021-2022: limited production : flying testing

2023: serial production /induction ceremony.

Those who are dreaming that we will have squadron of block 3 by 2020 are not fooling anyone but themselves.
sir if airframe will be the same as block2 it will not that much late but if there are changes then it will be a bit late but we have come out of emergancy need already we have good fleet of thunders now

I disagree that this much testing is required because there are no major airframe changes and engine is also being kept the same (as per current understanding)

three axis fly by wire is already tested on B variant ...

The most extensive testings will be required in terms of weight management as new goodies will definitely change the center of gravity whereas by my understanding Pakistan has decoupled the manufacturing of airframe and complete aircraft, therefore, oncee airframe and all the goodies are finalized we will keep on building them without weapon qualification but we will also keep on adding but weapon system .. complete integration will be done simultaneously which means that we will have an interim product flying just like we did in block 1 and 2 and as soon as we get integration completed thunder will receive software upgrades to complete the integration in already produced aircrafts ... So at the time when final operation clearance reached by 2022 we might have some 30 to 50 aircrafts flying (considering a production rate of 25 per year)

As for as JF-17 block 3 is concerned, We haven’t even seen the mock-up. I was hoping to see it this month but some Chinese members are saying that China will not reveal that. So block 3 mock-up May already been build.

2020: it will go through extensive testing. If the testing is all good then it will go into limited production. If something is missing or enhancements is required, 2nd, 3rd and even 4th prototype will be build.

2020-2021: If everything goes as plan then it will go through testing phase of the prototype before it goes into limited production (3 to 4).

Those who are dreaming that we will have squadron of block 3 by 2020 are not fooling anyone but themselves.

Did you see the mock-ups of J-20 and FC-31, before they made their maiden flight?

Did you see the mock-ups of J-20 and FC-31, before they made their maiden flight?
No sir

I disagree that this much testing is required because there are no major airframe changes and engine is also being kept the same (as per current understanding)

The most extensive testings will be required in terms of weight management as new goodies will definitely change the center of gravity whereas by my understanding Pakistan has decoupled the manufacturing of airframe and complete aircraft, therefore, oncee airframe and all the goodies are finalized we will keep on building them without weapon qualification but we will also keep on adding but weapon system .. complete integration will be done simultaneously which means that we will have an interim product flying just like we did in block 1 and 2 and as soon as we get integration completed thunder will receive software upgrades to complete the integration in already produced aircrafts ... So at the time when final operation clearance reached by 2022 we might have some 30 to 50 aircrafts flying (considering a production rate of 25 per year)

My assumptions are based on modified frame, new Radar & weapons system, EW suite, structure and flight control testing, hardware testing, comprehensive avionics testing, operational evaluation, etc for block 3 also including pilot training for block 3.

Hi:
I agree wishes for j10s, j11, su35 are a bit juvenile. But what worries me is: what is the replacement for our mirages eventually? They are potent as you said but they cannot go on forever. And we have a lineup of weapons such as ALCMs SOWs etc that can be carried by Mirages only right now. Is the current jf17 up to the task and as capable as mirages - I dont think so. Block 3 is a major upgrade in avionics etc, but I doubt it will have any upgrades in strike capabilities that can make it equivalent of mirages.
So the question is what is the plan for mirages and all the lineup of ALCMs and SOWs carried by Mirages only? That is where I think J10 can come into the picture unless: 1) we are confident of FGF comming online soon in next 10 years Or 2) we have a plan for a version of jf17 down the line that can be as capable as mirages in strike role - would like some opinion on this @Oscar @messiach @Bilal Khan 777

Wait till september-Oct. You will have all your answers. Mirages are well-kept & maintained. I dont have a particular liking for mirages for its turbine. They are in for replacement.

You have previously hinted about the strike variant of Thunder. I will take this as further confirmation. Shall we look forward to Thunder in Delta wings and frontal canards?

Any hint? It's gonna be new type or JF17??

You will be mesmerized BUT its going to be the same block2 reconfig canopy.

Posts moved here being related to topic in hand.

@messiach dropping surprises very carefully which will help create an image for Block-III.

sir if airframe will be the same as block2 it will not that much late but if there are changes then it will be a bit late but we have come out of emergancy need already we have good fleet of thunders now

No sir

My assumptions are based on modified frame, new Radar & weapons system, EW suite, structure and flight control testing, hardware testing, comprehensive avionics testing, operational evaluation, etc for block 3 also including pilot training for block 3.

It will be really helpful to keep discussion on Block-III in relevant place/thread. Posts moved.

Regards,

No sir

There are no major airframe changes ... weapon integration serial production and training will be done simultaneously just like we did in block 1 and 2

If they are adding so much more to the plane yet using the same power plant then it will be an inferior jet performance wise.

Wait till september-Oct. You will have all your answers. Mirages are well-kept & maintained. I dont have a particular liking for mirages for its turbine. They are in for replacement.
In context of Pak pilots trained on Qatar AF Rafale. Is this will be cause for more delay of Block-III for possibale incorporation of Rafale or this type fighterjets competability measures?

What happened to the original August reveal date?

frame is more heavier and engine is more powerful.
There has been more reinforcements in wings and extra space created for fuel.
Payload is going to increase. Blk 3 require every test from scratch.

What happened to the original August reveal date?
Democrazy happened. Don't expect Pakistan to deliver same amount under a politicians as compare to a professional, e.g. military general.

You will see a significant difference in flight characteristics. My classification would be of an mid-to-advanced tactical fighter in multimodar engagements. Fanboys would be disappointed though.

Will its flight characteristics ( I am talking about single seater B 3) have an improvement over present block 2 or will we see a decrease as trade off in order to put in more tech inside the jet?

Back
Top Bottom