What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

What if when DG ISPR said "we will surprise you" he also meant with the new JF17 design :lol: until we actually see the block 3, we can dream :yes4:

Yup, this is most likely.
but one thing is sure, block-3 design will be different from block-2, as with current design its hard to fire PL-15 and Raad cruise missile effectively

Apologies for changing subject slightly but it makes more sense right now for PAF to urgently acquire 3 to 4 squadrons of J-10Cs to compliment the F-16s and JF-17s. It would be asking for too much if PAF has to face vast numbers of upgraded Mirage 2000s, MiG-29s, Su-30MKIs and MiG-21s with only lacking numbers of BVR-capable F-16s and JF-17s.

but one thing is sure, block-3 design will be different from block-2, as with current design its hard to fire PL-15 and Raad cruise missile effectively

So we hope.

Raad would have been in development for some years, so I was surprised to find out that Block 1 and 2 cant carry it. Why did PAF not think the b1 an b2 designs through? Let's hope B3 can carry such a crucial weapon.

PL15 I think we can expect on B3. There is no point having a powerful AESA without the ability to carry an AAM that makes full use of it.

Right now we cant even be sure whether B3 will come with AESA fitted or whether it will be added later. Same with all the other things we have been hearing. Inshallah it will surprise us in a few months.

View attachment 552646
Source: Miltary Magzine
dnt know is it real or fake, but one thing sure, the design is very attractive

So we hope.

Raad would have been in development for some years, so I was surprised to find out that Block 1 and 2 cant carry it. Why did PAF not think the b1 an b2 designs through? Let's hope B3 can carry such a crucial weapon.

PL15 I think we can expect on B3. There is no point having a powerful AESA without the ability to carry an AAM that makes full use of it.

Right now we cant even be sure whether B3 will come with AESA fitted or whether it will be added later. Same with all the other things we have been hearing. Inshallah it will surprise us in a few months.
I think Chief Engineer of JF-17, already confirmed about Aesa Radar and helmet mounted system

Apologies for changing subject slightly but it makes more sense right now for PAF to urgently acquire 3 to 4 squadrons of J-10Cs to compliment the F-16s and JF-17s. It would be asking for too much if PAF has to face vast numbers of upgraded Mirage 2000s, MiG-29s, Su-30MKIs and MiG-21s with only lacking numbers of BVR-capable F-16s and JF-17s.

F16s with AMRAAAMs are superior to Su30s. JF17 can hold it's own against anything in IAF has at BVR with AWAC support.

What we need right now is a heavy attack/bomber aircraft IMO to attack Indian bases and ships at long range.

However with the dud economy, dont expect anything more than Block 3.

I think Chief Engineer of JF-17, already confirmed about Aesa Radar and helmet mounted system

I think he said Block 3 is already in production and that AESA will be added later. This later part is what had me worried.

According to reports it will look like a single seat JF-17 B.
IF you remove that extra seat from B,you will get BLOCK III which doesn't seem exciting :(
DYAx2lYX0AAFiwi.jpg

Ooo bhai ramp per cat walk nahi karwani. I mean just look at Cobras, F-4 Phantoms, Apache or Mi-35s...do they look mesmerizingly photogenic. ? These ugly beasts have psychological effect on enemy always. The uglier they are, the better they have mental effect on opposition.

Can we just avoid sharing non-credible information as such and that too by creating a whole new thread on this. It will be appreciated to search respective threads & question can be asked if desired details doesn't exist.
u think military watch magazine is fake site??

"Military Watch Is A Leading Provider Of Reliable And Insightful Analysis Into Military Affairs Across The World. These Include Events On The Battlefield In Various Warzones, Strategic Events In Regions Of Military Tension And New Technologies Developed Or Inducted Into Service. Military Related News Is Also Covered. Unpartisan Coverage Is Critical To Understanding Military Related Developments, And With Many Major Sources Lacking In Such Coverage, Military Watch Seeks To Provide This Service. Our Coverage Is Neither Western Centric, Anti Western Or Else Aligned With Any Particularly Nation, Cause Or Ideology. At A Time When Unprecedented Shifts In Global Balance Of Power And Changes In The Way War Is Fought Are Taking Place, We Seek To Portray Events Objectively In Their Relevant Regional Or Global Contexts."

The point is "not bad" does not mean equally a "good engine", when You have nothing better available.
true in case of Pakistan, but Russia certainly have other options for their mig35 if RD93 is really a bad one :)

jf-17b-jf-17.jpg
This is what JF-17 BLK III would look like,sorry for my bad editing,used paint program.

Back
Top Bottom