What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Thank you for the post.
Few things mentioned here do not add up.
1. We have seen pictures of a presumed block 3 with the number '3000' being flown in China with some visible differences from earlier blocks so not sure how all pics of block 3 on the net are fake. Was this article written before that flight?
2. Three A-A missiles on one rack? And total of up to 12 to 15? This I believe cannot be done unless there are changes in the wings.
3. IRST. Looks like the writer is pointing to an on board system rather than a pod. Not impossible but pics of block 3 had no indication of this which brings us to point 1 again.
4. Coatings to reduce RCS would not be very effective with uncovered weapons hanging off the wings (like the 12 to 15 missiles mentioned). Just an opinion.
5. Italian engine?
6. Weapon carrying capability will never reach F16 until an additional HP is added under each wing and even then will depend on the load each HP can carry.

Sure internal systems can be swapped as I believe it was supposed to be a modular design so yes expecting better radar, RWR, internal ECM etc.

Hi,

I always say that when it comes to major weapons---accept all information but with a pinch of salt.

Sometimes there is intentional mis-information---sometimes things change due to supply issues---.

Defense equipment is so much about deceit and deception as much as it is about all the gadgets and weapons---.

We need to remember that the PUBLIC cannot sue the weapon manufacturer for mis-information posted prior to service---.

It is not a Toyota Corolla that the dealer has to standby what is in the brochure---.

And let me correct that---even items in the car brochures have disclaimers that a certain item may not be availble due to supply problem---.

So---in this present post majority of the items are expected---like maybe 75%.

In the good old days---the only place we could read about the equipment was in books of fiction written by retd personal---.

Last edited:
I really cannot understand why - besides national pride or ignorance of facts - some hail this report as:

... an excellent post---the translation is very good and to the point---. Each and every thing that is mentioned in the translation is and was expected---.

Excellent Post. Loved the way how you used examples for the Naysayers to grasp the truth/reality. I completely agree with you on block 3 updates !
Thank you for the wonderful post !

o_OPardon, are we living in different realities???

The only problem is that many of the mentioned "facts" are far from proven, some are at best speculative and several most important things which you hype up are plain wrong. :crazy: So much for the "Naysayers"! At least those Naysayers have an argument against such stupid claims like those below:

But i don't know the exact engine but Italian makes lot of aircraft enginesView attachment 633182View attachment 633183

You and the mentioned author don't know since You did not check, that there IS NO ITALIAN engine that fits the JF-17. This alone should make anyone stop reading and even whose who are cheering this report must accept this. It's plain wrong.

Therefore again to my old friend ... :happy:

Hi
why do you say that whatever is written in that post that is what was being expected I did not see anything outrageous in that post or any outstanding claims that could not be met

Especially from You I would have expected much more logic. Alone the mentioned timeframe is impossible, the mentioned new tail is wrong, several details are wrong especially an non-existent Italian engine ... and none of these logic-holes make you skeptical?

Honestly, this report is almost on the same level like some Indian reports hyping the Tejas as the epitome of combat aircraft development. :crazy:

But as noted here:

Why bother with reason, facts, and logic Dieno? Unfortunately these are in short supply sometimes on here.

There's nothing more to add since some simply don't want or cannot argue. Fancy reports are better than reality!

# JF-17 Thunder Block-3 features......

➲ Almost unchanged airframe design .....; There are huge differences in the avionics, armaments between of the current F-16s and witch F-16s made 50 years ago, but have you seen any changes in the exterior design? So Don't have The interior design of the JF-17 Block-3 will not change much with the addition of upgrades. But like the 'JF-17Bravo' version, the Vertical Stabilizer of block-3 will be some swapped. This leads much maneuvering.
That is, all the pictures of Block-3 in the net are fake.

No secret.

Airframe made by composite material ......; The composite material used in the construction of the block-3 airframe will reduce the radar cross section (RCS) of the aircraft. The aircraft will also be painted by Radar Wave Observer Material (like the US Stealth F-15 Project).

Not true in the sense, the same paint applied to block 2's will be used. Except it has its own radar absorbant characteristics.

For example, the F-16 A / B version had 5m2 rcs, witch airframe manufactured by General Material. But in the F-16 C / D version, the rcs is only 1.5m2, that's for composite material-made airframe. Similarly, the rcs of JF-17 block -1,2 where 3.5m2, due to the composite material, the rcs of block-3 will be about 1± m2. That is, the aircraft will be approximately semi stealth type. And for the stealth coating, the aircraft's color may would be gray or silver.

Not true.

➲ New engine .....; The Russian RD-93 engine used in the previous version will be replaced with more thrust capable engine. Chinese and Italian engines have been verified for this. However, it was not known which one was selected.

100% false.

➲ Supersonic Speed and More Payload Capacity .....; The aircraft will be powered by a Mac 2± for a stronger thrust of the new engine and can carry more armaments than ever before.

Block 3 is not mach 2 capable.

➲ Active Electronics Scanned Array (AESA) Radar .....; Both KLJ-7A and LKF601E radars have been verified for block-3. However, it was not known which one was selected in the end. Both are Long Range Active Electronics Scanned Array (AESA) radar. The standalone range of both rader in aerial combat is about 200 km and the ground / naval combat range is about 300 km. No need more longer range radar than a light fighter with a 1m2 rcs.

KLJ-7A has been selected officially last year. The ranges quoted are wrong.
➲ New Cockpit Panel ....; The Block-1.2's multi-function digital glass cockpit panel is enough sophisticated and modern. Nevertheless, the cockpit panel of Block-3 will be upgraded with more modifications. The cockpit is designed in such a way that after takeoff the pilot can use all the options of the cockpit without removing his right hand from control steak. As a result, the amount of Human Arrow in combat will be greatly reduced.

it's called HOTAS. And pilot does have to move his hands for 'many other' functions regardless. HOTAS has been there since FC-1 prototype.

➲ Voice command navigation / control system ....; One of the most touching features of Block-3 is the voice command control system. Because this Fifth Generation technology, to my knowledge, has not been used on any aircraft other than the Russian SU-57. As a result of this system, the pilot can provide various types of commands, including communication, aircraft navigation, through his mouth language. Receiving the pilot's commands via the microphone attached to the pilot's oxygen mask, the onboard computer system, through speech recognition software, will understand the meaning of the pilot's commands and perform the corresponding commands. This allows the pilot to focus his mind more on the enemy during combat.

BS.

What is more striking is that the system was developed by Pakistani aeronautical engineers themselves, not Chinese.

BS

Holographic Heads Up Display (HHUD) .....; This system is also made by Pakistan itself. This system uses a holographic sign instead of the usual glass display on the head up display at the top of the cockpit. Holographic sign is a technology where photos / videos can be seen inside the void without any glass or mirror! Due to the reflection of light on the glass during the day-mission, there is no problem in the pilot's face. This sophisticated technology is seen on the dashboard of today's expensive Formula-1 super cars.

The highlighted part is true. The rest is BS.

➲ Advanced Built-in Electronic Warfare (EW) Suite ...; Previous versions of the JF-17 also used the French-made EW and Chinese KG300G Self-Protection jamming pods, which were fitted to the hardpoint like a bomb. But Block 3 will have more advanced and built-in EW suites installed inside the aircraft. This will reduce the aircraft's RCS and free up a hardpoints. This EW system helps the pilot in the role of Early Warner with electronic warfare support, jamming, countermeasure during combat. Advanced Fighter EW Suite is an extremely important avionics.

True story.

Multiple Missile Ejector Rack (MMER) ......; Previous versions of the JF-17 also had multiple ejector racks. However, they could only carry multiple bombs, not carry multiple missiles. But using the upgraded ejector rack in Block-3, it can carry 2 to 3 air-to-air missiles at one hard point. That means if they want the Block-3 JF-17 in the Air Superior Formation can fly with 12-15 air-to-air missiles simultaneously.

Will check this.

Three Axis Digital Fly-By-Wire System (FBW) ....; Many people will think that the Axis Digital Fly-by-wire (FBW) system is only using Block-3, but it is not true. Earlier, the JF-17 Bravo version also used the 3 axis Fly-by-wire (FBW) system.

Yup.

Without the fly-by-wire system, modern fighters cannot be imagined. It is a technology whereby the control stick is transmitted to the pilot's command by electronic signal and sent to the aircraft's on-board computer. From there, the computer itself changes the maneuverability of the aircraft by moving the stabilizers of the aircraft. That this.. in the racing game we switching the car's direction by pressing the switch / slamming the phone, the fly-by-wire system is just like that. On previous planes, pilots had to fly the aircraft by shake the control stick against the air barrier.

Besides, the aircraft can be operated in auto-pilot mode as there is a fly-by-wire system. and three axis are more complicated matters on the roll, pitch and y of the aircraft. If I discuss it, you will not understand anything.

➲ Full Authority Digital Engine Control System (FADEC) .....; FADEC is an advanced technology where the aircraft's engine is fully computerized via the "Electronic Engine Controller" (EEC) and the "Engine Control Unit" (ECU). That is, there will be no manual work on engine management, everything will be done in a computerized manner.

Some of the notable advantages of this system are ... Automotive Engine Protection, Semi Automatic Engine Starting, Engine Health Monitoring. As we have seen in the Hollywood movie .. When the demise of Batman's car or Iron Man suit is shown in a computerized manner, the system can also report to the pilot the engine condition, loss and damage.

In addition, the engine is computerized the fuel consumption rate and the engine's severnage damage rate is reduced. Installing FADEC also reduces engine weight as manual operating gear is unloaded. That is, the whole thing is like controlling a Honda engine with a smartphone.

➲ P-15 Extra Long range BVR Missile ....; AESA Radar Guided PL-15 is a Chinese-made Hailey Advanced Extra Long Range BVR missile. The range of the missile is 150 km for the fighter-like maneuverable target and 300 km for the non-maneuverable target like bomber. When an AESA radar is installed on a missile, it is easy to guess how the missile's performance will be. This missile is used in all advanced fighters, including J-20, J-31, J-10C, China.

➲ TVC Guided Weapon ....; JF-17's Weapon Capacity has been constantly updated. For example, the Laser Guided Weapon Firing System has been added to Block-2. Likewise, all types of advanced Weapon Firing Capacities, including TV, GPS / INS, Laser Guided, will be added to Block-3. As a result, many advanced Weapons can be used, including the American AGM-114 Hellfire. It is not surprising that the AAM-120C carries.

➲ Helmet Mounted Display Site (HMDS) ....; Chinese J-20 stealth fighter's HMDS system will be used in Block-3. It is the latest HMDS system made in China.

➲ Infrared Search and Trucking System (ITST) ……; IR radar will be installed in Block-3, which helps a lot in close range combat. Any stealth fighter can also be identified if it is within range. The IR system will have a range of about 50-60 km.

All that we have discussed so far is the official announcement of Pak Air Force. That is, the above features are almost guaranteed to be in Block-3. However, there are some features that are very likely to be in Block-3. They are ...

➲ Conformal Fuel Tank (CFT) ....; CFT was not officially reported. However, the idea is to use the Conformal Fuel Tank in Block-3 like all other 4+ Generation Light Fighters.

➲ Extra Hard Point ....; The possibility of setting up a new hardpoint in Block-3 is also very high. In previous versions, there were 7 hardpoints, block 3 would be 8 or 9.

➲ Double seater version ....; Block-3 fighters can be double-seater, or double-seater versions are likely to come out.

It will also be in Block-3 as in previous versions.
In-Flight Air Refueling Capacity
Satellite based navigation system
➧ Onboard Oxygen Generation System (OBGS)
Rader Warning Receiver (RWR)
Missile Approach Warning System (MAWS)
Identification Friends or Foi (IFF)
Advanced Data-link Capacity
Electronic Countermeasure
Flair, chaff, decoy
Self Protection Jamming
Various Mission Pods, including Aselepod, Sniper AAQ-33
Etc ...

When reviewing those features you will notice that there is no wick point in Block-3. In addition to removing all the weaknesses of the previous versions, all kinds of advanced technology have been added to it. Block-3 is a good quality 4.5 Generation Fighter. All things considered, the Fighter is the equivalent of the F-16 Block-60 and capable of being a worthy counterweight to India's Upcoming Rafale.

Performance was verified by installing AESA radar and PL-15 BVR missiles on some Block-2 fighters Early in this year.

Production of JF-17 block-3 started in the June of this year. The first batch of fighters will complete the fast flight in November-December. By mid-2020, the fighters will be join in the PAF fleet.

Credit.
W. Tafhim Tahsin

Blah.

Hi

why do you say that whatever is written in that post that is what was being expected I did not see anything outrageous in that post or any outstanding claims that could not be met
I wish thay become part of block 3. Is our bird but unfortunately from first test unit of block 3 few month back. Thinks were seems quite different then claims/wishes

Last edited:
Just want to note (not commenting on all the controversy but one point), that the single crystal blades were first imported by China as part of their scavanging hunt for uprated Spey engines. The same type of engines in the Italian AMX. These mono-crystal blades tech are now used in the JF-17 RD-93 engine and most likely in all modern Chinese engines, including the WS-13 / WS-XX

Just want to note (not commenting on all the controversy but one point), that the single crystal blades were first imported by China as part of their scavanging hunt for uprated Spey engines. The same type of engines in the Italian AMX. These mono-crystal blades tech are now used in the JF-17 RD-93 engine and most likely in all modern Chinese engines, including the WS-13 / WS-XX

That might be, but still does not make any of the other definitely wrong claims and faked facts true. As such I'm still disappointed why there is still no reply from any one of those supporters mentioned above to give an arguments or counterargument... probably simply since they cannot.

Last edited:
That might be, but still does not make any of the other definitely wrong claims and faked facts true. As such I'm still disappointed why there is still no reply from any one of those supporters mentioned above to give an arguments or counterargument... probably simply since they cannot.
That is because the poster did a copy and paste job. The article if it can be called that is from some website but the claims are based on heresay and do not have any veracity. You and @airomerix have clearly shred the whole article to pieces while I was trying to get to the source.
A

Last edited:
That is because the poster did a copy and paste job. The article if it can be called that is from some website but the claims are based on heresay and do not have any veracity. You and @airomerix have clearly shred the whole article to pieces while I was trying to get to the source.
A

Thanks a lot for your kind words buf I'm indeed tired that certain members blindly hail such reports as gold, as pure truth ... and ignore all argument or even more avoid all honest discussions. They hide behind their hordes of fan-boy supporters, bash down all arguments or even avoids any discussion.
I truly have no issues in being corrected, I really like to learn and I'm openminded even to accept harsh critics, if justified.
But I'm tired to be attacked by stupid youngsters which often enough only post "I know, but I won't tell you since I don't need to prove anything to a foreigner especially since @MastanKhan agree, and he MUST be right, regardless what BS he posts.

As such in summary, I usually don't like bashing other author's work, but this piece is IMO simply based on fan-boy wishes, a mix-up of rumors, hopes, unproven claims and misunderstandings spiced up with a lot of hope and many wrong errors.

But I'm eager to learn again and being corrected. :-)

Hi,

This learn means " this learn means that I am spying for morsels---".

If you look at this persons post either here or on his parent forum---always poking to get a little more---from here from there---few insults this way few that way just trying to " learn "---.

Thanks a lot for your kind words buf I'm indeed tired that certain members blindly hail such reports as gold, as pure truth ... and ignore all argument or even more avoid all honest discussions. They hide behind their hordes of fan-boy supporters, bash down all arguments or even avoids any discussion.
I truly have no issues in being corrected, I really like to learn and I'm openminded even to accept harsh critics, if justified.
But I'm tired to be attacked by stupid youngsters which often enough only post "I know, but I won't tell you since I don't need to prove anything to a foreigner especially since @MastanKhan agree, and he MUST be right, regardless what BS he posts.
Oh Deino.
Now you have made Mr MK mad at you. You will be labelled all sorts of things. Better prepare your visor and bullet proof vest for his on slaught.
A

Hey @Deino,

Don't cut your nose to spite my face---.

Give an engineering answer @Deino---why can't the engine structure be modified and a single tunnel frame built---.

The wings tail nose structure is already there---so what is stopping the chinese from building a single tunnel---.

A also posted multiple news items from major US news papers about the J31 being of a stolen design of the F 35---. I listened to the US congress hearing live on this subject matter of china stealing the F35 design---( I guess you did not know that the US congress session are available live on the TV here in the US---.

And idiots like you come and argue because you kids were sitting in your mama's lap suckling on a milk bottle while that was happening a decade and a half ago---.

Now you have another fool of a cheerleader to stir you up---.

Again---this is an engineering issue---put your foot forward---or keep your mouth shut---and give me an engineering answer.

As for the BLK 3---wait and see---it will blow your Knickers off your legs---.

@WebMaster --- ask deino to bring proof to the table --- I had not addressed him prior to this---he jumped in started to insult me---. Better control him---. He has challenged an engineering problem multiple times---ask him to bring proof or tell him to shut up---.

@WebMaster

here are pages of links about chinese stealing the F35 design for the J31---. So ask him to either put up or shutup---.

https://www.google.com/search?q=US+...ome..69i57.16703j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

And here is an aircraft that was a twin engined aircraft---new version came up with a single engine---.

F-5
J-3005.jpg

F-20_flying.jpg

Last edited:
No secret.

Not true in the sense, the same paint applied to block 2's will be used. Except it has its own radar absorbant characteristics.

Not true.

100% false.

Block 3 is not mach 2 capable.

KLJ-7A has been selected officially last year. The ranges quoted are wrong.

it's called HOTAS. And pilot does have to move his hands for 'many other' functions regardless. HOTAS has been there since FC-1 prototype.

BS.

BS

The highlighted part is true. The rest is BS.

True story.

Will check this.

Yup.

Blah.
I love you!

# JF-17 Thunder Block-3 features......

➲ Almost unchanged airframe design .....; There are huge differences in the avionics, armaments between of the current F-16s and witch F-16s made 50 years ago, but have you seen any changes in the exterior design? So Don't have The interior design of the JF-17 Block-3 will not change much with the addition of upgrades. But like the 'JF-17Bravo' version, the Vertical Stabilizer of block-3 will be some swapped. This leads much maneuvering.
That is, all the pictures of Block-3 in the net are fake.

Airframe made by composite material ......; The composite material used in the construction of the block-3 airframe will reduce the radar cross section (RCS) of the aircraft. The aircraft will also be painted by Radar Wave Observer Material (like the US Stealth F-15 Project).

For example, the F-16 A / B version had 5m2 rcs, witch airframe manufactured by General Material. But in the F-16 C / D version, the rcs is only 1.5m2, that's for composite material-made airframe. Similarly, the rcs of JF-17 block -1,2 where 3.5m2, due to the composite material, the rcs of block-3 will be about 1± m2. That is, the aircraft will be approximately semi stealth type. And for the stealth coating, the aircraft's color may would be gray or silver.

➲ New engine .....; The Russian RD-93 engine used in the previous version will be replaced with more thrust capable engine. Chinese and Italian engines have been verified for this. However, it was not known which one was selected.

➲ Supersonic Speed and More Payload Capacity .....; The aircraft will be powered by a Mac 2± for a stronger thrust of the new engine and can carry more armaments than ever before.

➲ Active Electronics Scanned Array (AESA) Radar .....; Both KLJ-7A and LKF601E radars have been verified for block-3. However, it was not known which one was selected in the end. Both are Long Range Active Electronics Scanned Array (AESA) radar. The standalone range of both rader in aerial combat is about 200 km and the ground / naval combat range is about 300 km. No need more longer range radar than a light fighter with a 1m2 rcs.

➲ New Cockpit Panel ....; The Block-1.2's multi-function digital glass cockpit panel is enough sophisticated and modern. Nevertheless, the cockpit panel of Block-3 will be upgraded with more modifications. The cockpit is designed in such a way that after takeoff the pilot can use all the options of the cockpit without removing his right hand from control steak. As a result, the amount of Human Arrow in combat will be greatly reduced.

➲ Voice command navigation / control system ....; One of the most touching features of Block-3 is the voice command control system. Because this Fifth Generation technology, to my knowledge, has not been used on any aircraft other than the Russian SU-57. As a result of this system, the pilot can provide various types of commands, including communication, aircraft navigation, through his mouth language. Receiving the pilot's commands via the microphone attached to the pilot's oxygen mask, the onboard computer system, through speech recognition software, will understand the meaning of the pilot's commands and perform the corresponding commands. This allows the pilot to focus his mind more on the enemy during combat.

What is more striking is that the system was developed by Pakistani aeronautical engineers themselves, not Chinese.

➲ Holographic Heads Up Display (HHUD) .....; This system is also made by Pakistan itself. This system uses a holographic sign instead of the usual glass display on the head up display at the top of the cockpit. Holographic sign is a technology where photos / videos can be seen inside the void without any glass or mirror! Due to the reflection of light on the glass during the day-mission, there is no problem in the pilot's face. This sophisticated technology is seen on the dashboard of today's expensive Formula-1 super cars.

➲ Advanced Built-in Electronic Warfare (EW) Suite ...; Previous versions of the JF-17 also used the French-made EW and Chinese KG300G Self-Protection jamming pods, which were fitted to the hardpoint like a bomb. But Block 3 will have more advanced and built-in EW suites installed inside the aircraft. This will reduce the aircraft's RCS and free up a hardpoints. This EW system helps the pilot in the role of Early Warner with electronic warfare support, jamming, countermeasure during combat. Advanced Fighter EW Suite is an extremely important avionics.

Multiple Missile Ejector Rack (MMER) ......; Previous versions of the JF-17 also had multiple ejector racks. However, they could only carry multiple bombs, not carry multiple missiles. But using the upgraded ejector rack in Block-3, it can carry 2 to 3 air-to-air missiles at one hard point. That means if they want the Block-3 JF-17 in the Air Superior Formation can fly with 12-15 air-to-air missiles simultaneously.

Three Axis Digital Fly-By-Wire System (FBW) ....; Many people will think that the Axis Digital Fly-by-wire (FBW) system is only using Block-3, but it is not true. Earlier, the JF-17 Bravo version also used the 3 axis Fly-by-wire (FBW) system.

Without the fly-by-wire system, modern fighters cannot be imagined. It is a technology whereby the control stick is transmitted to the pilot's command by electronic signal and sent to the aircraft's on-board computer. From there, the computer itself changes the maneuverability of the aircraft by moving the stabilizers of the aircraft. That this.. in the racing game we switching the car's direction by pressing the switch / slamming the phone, the fly-by-wire system is just like that. On previous planes, pilots had to fly the aircraft by shake the control stick against the air barrier.

Besides, the aircraft can be operated in auto-pilot mode as there is a fly-by-wire system. and three axis are more complicated matters on the roll, pitch and y of the aircraft. If I discuss it, you will not understand anything.

➲ Full Authority Digital Engine Control System (FADEC) .....; FADEC is an advanced technology where the aircraft's engine is fully computerized via the "Electronic Engine Controller" (EEC) and the "Engine Control Unit" (ECU). That is, there will be no manual work on engine management, everything will be done in a computerized manner.

Some of the notable advantages of this system are ... Automotive Engine Protection, Semi Automatic Engine Starting, Engine Health Monitoring. As we have seen in the Hollywood movie .. When the demise of Batman's car or Iron Man suit is shown in a computerized manner, the system can also report to the pilot the engine condition, loss and damage.

In addition, the engine is computerized the fuel consumption rate and the engine's severnage damage rate is reduced. Installing FADEC also reduces engine weight as manual operating gear is unloaded. That is, the whole thing is like controlling a Honda engine with a smartphone.

➲ P-15 Extra Long range BVR Missile ....; AESA Radar Guided PL-15 is a Chinese-made Hailey Advanced Extra Long Range BVR missile. The range of the missile is 150 km for the fighter-like maneuverable target and 300 km for the non-maneuverable target like bomber. When an AESA radar is installed on a missile, it is easy to guess how the missile's performance will be. This missile is used in all advanced fighters, including J-20, J-31, J-10C, China.

➲ TVC Guided Weapon ....; JF-17's Weapon Capacity has been constantly updated. For example, the Laser Guided Weapon Firing System has been added to Block-2. Likewise, all types of advanced Weapon Firing Capacities, including TV, GPS / INS, Laser Guided, will be added to Block-3. As a result, many advanced Weapons can be used, including the American AGM-114 Hellfire. It is not surprising that the AAM-120C carries.

➲ Helmet Mounted Display Site (HMDS) ....; Chinese J-20 stealth fighter's HMDS system will be used in Block-3. It is the latest HMDS system made in China.

➲ Infrared Search and Trucking System (ITST) ……; IR radar will be installed in Block-3, which helps a lot in close range combat. Any stealth fighter can also be identified if it is within range. The IR system will have a range of about 50-60 km.

All that we have discussed so far is the official announcement of Pak Air Force. That is, the above features are almost guaranteed to be in Block-3. However, there are some features that are very likely to be in Block-3. They are ...

➲ Conformal Fuel Tank (CFT) ....; CFT was not officially reported. However, the idea is to use the Conformal Fuel Tank in Block-3 like all other 4+ Generation Light Fighters.

➲ Extra Hard Point ....; The possibility of setting up a new hardpoint in Block-3 is also very high. In previous versions, there were 7 hardpoints, block 3 would be 8 or 9.

➲ Double seater version ....; Block-3 fighters can be double-seater, or double-seater versions are likely to come out.

It will also be in Block-3 as in previous versions.
In-Flight Air Refueling Capacity
Satellite based navigation system
➧ Onboard Oxygen Generation System (OBGS)
Rader Warning Receiver (RWR)
Missile Approach Warning System (MAWS)
Identification Friends or Foi (IFF)
Advanced Data-link Capacity
Electronic Countermeasure
Flair, chaff, decoy
Self Protection Jamming
Various Mission Pods, including Aselepod, Sniper AAQ-33
Etc ...

When reviewing those features you will notice that there is no wick point in Block-3. In addition to removing all the weaknesses of the previous versions, all kinds of advanced technology have been added to it. Block-3 is a good quality 4.5 Generation Fighter. All things considered, the Fighter is the equivalent of the F-16 Block-60 and capable of being a worthy counterweight to India's Upcoming Rafale.

Performance was verified by installing AESA radar and PL-15 BVR missiles on some Block-2 fighters Early in this year.

Production of JF-17 block-3 started in the June of this year. The first batch of fighters will complete the fast flight in November-December. By mid-2020, the fighters will be join in the PAF fleet.

Credit.
W. Tafhim Tahsin

Hi,

The paint you mentioned on certain BLK3---don't be bothered by the comments you got from many a posters---. I know what you wrote---. It is not the first time that paint has been used on pakistani aircraft---.

Hey @Deino,

Again---this is an engineering issue---put your foot forward---or keep your mouth shut---and give me an engineering answer.

As for the BLK 3---wait and see---it will blow your Knickers off your legs---.

Instead of angrily diverting to a second playground, what's about a non engineering argument and these big holes in logic??

What about any of these "phantastic and as expected items" like an Italian engine?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom