What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

You are showing a systematic use of specious reasoning, that is based on deriving assertions that suit your purposes from arguments that have no relevance to the claims made. You come across as narcissistic, who doesn't just have a wish to prove himself, but a fetish to achieve intellectual superiority over others and derive comfort by insulting them. I have now seen this behavior from you over multiple threads. In detail:

You need to provide proof of the following assertions you have made earlier:

1. There is an EW system installed on the tail of Block 3.
2. This EW system needs air cooling.
3. This cooling is provided through the opening seen on the base of the tail in Block 3.

So far, you have provided no such proof. The website you have linked is not a proof of anything. What is written on that website is only an opinion that is not backed by any official or credible sources.

I am not 'hung up' on anything. You are losing the plot here. Let us revisit my assertions:

I - The block 3 has undergone substantial upgrades which makes it infeasible to upgrade Block 1 and 2 to be exactly equivalent to Block 3.
II - An example of these upgrades is the installation of a fibre optic data bus.
III - This new data bus gives Block 3 capabilities that cannot be replicated easily in Block 1 and 2, an example being increased resistance to EMP attacks.

Now, you have made the following incorrect assertions regarding changes to FBW and data bus:

1. Free up internal space for the AESA - The AESA components are at the nose of the aircraft, whereas the physical connections of FBW databus run through the main body. This is completely irrelevant.
2. Improve mission computer performance - The interface between the silicon based mission computer and the fibre optic based data bus is a known point of bottleneck. The databus has nothing to do with the mission computer. What you are probably trying to say is the changes provide higher data rates.

Then there is the utterly amateurish assertion that since PAF can rewire the Mirage, it can replace copper wiring in Block 1 and 2 with fibre optics. First of all, let's be very clear - by spending enough money anything can be done. We need to look at what it takes to change copper wiring into fibre optic wiring.

Fibre optic is a very sensitive material that is prone to damage by a range of environmental factors such as temperature, vibrations, and humidity. This necessitates special cladding which changes the dimensions of the wiring when compared to copper. Throughout the length and breadth of the aircraft, space is allocated at design time in a very precise manner taking into account the dimensions of the wiring. This changes the entire internal mass distribution within the aircraft. This is what @araz referred to whom you rebuked with impertinence. There is a reason why Block 3 took years to finalize. It has undergone internal changes that take years to design, test and validate. Changing Block 1 and Block 2 to this configuration is not simply a matter of stripping out some wires and replacing them with new wires.

First of all, let's do some approximate calculations. Let us approximate the opening on the base of the Block 3 tail by a circle which is 7 inches in diameter. This gives it a surface area of 0.087 sq ft (approx.) The diameter of RD-93 is 3.41 ft (using online calculator to convert mm to ft)

http://www.uecrus.com/eng/products/military_aviation/rd93/

which leads to a radius of 1.7 ft. Of this, let us discard 0.7 ft for the engine shaft and housing. Of this, let us assume an arc of 3 pi / 4 radians is actually exposed to incoming air on each side. This annular region has an area of (3 pi / 8) * ((1.7)^2 - 1) = 2.23 sq ft on each side of the engine. From the above link, the RD-93 has a bypass ratio of .49. If x is the surface area of the by pass air intake, and y is the surface area to the opening of the compressor, then x/y = 0.49 and x + y = 4.45, which gives y = 3 sq ft (approx) and x = 1.45 sq ft (approx). Note that I am probably over-simplifying a very complex engine geometry here. By this computation, the inlet at the base of tail comprises approx 6% of the by pass intake. At supersonic speeds, due to pressure variance, the air intake from the small opening can go up to 12% of the entire by-pass air flow. Does this seem like a small opening to you? Your amateurish brain cannot comprehend the apples to oranges nature of the comparison you are drawing with the Kfir.

I merely said if someone wants to install an AESA radar, the Mirage has the internal volume. I did not specify which type of AESA (air cooled vs liquid cooled).

You need to justify why such an overhaul or MLU would make Block 1 and 2 exactly equivalent to Block 3. None of what you have written above is being disputed. Why are you going off on a tangential rant? And finally, your janes.com link is not even working. Did you copy/paste it from another website without checking?

Mate, you post this diatribe and you call me narcissistic?! All I have said is that there are no technical reasons why Block I and II aircraft can't be upgraded to Block III specification. This is in line with what the PAF itself has envisioned from the whole JF-17 programme, and the future trajectory of the fleet. And as I have repeatedly stated in my prior posts, this depends on funding, much like anything else. Not once have I ever said that it is for definite. Aside from anything else, if you want to dispute the technical feasibility, it should be clear to anyone with half a brain that 50 Block III aircraft equipped with AESA from an operational point of view won't be enough to face the burgeoning fleet of AESA equipped fighters in the IAF inventory. If the SABR or equivalent becomes available to the PAF for its Vipers, it may not feel the need to upgrade earlier Block I/II aircraft to Block III standard. All this is in line with PAF's historical approach to upgrading its assets, it's not anything new.

I'll state it as bluntly as I can - I completely disagree with you. If the PAF can resurrect nearly destroyed SAAB 2000 Erieye aircraft, install the Erieye radar and associated avionics and sensors, if they can keep over 50 year old Mirages still operational and relevant, if they can embark on a fifth gen fighter development programme, then they shouldn't have any technical difficulties in upgrading Block I and II aircraft to Block III specification. I agree to disagree with you.

Just to highlight a few points on which you may not be aware. The fairing at the top of the fin on the JF-17 houses EW equipment. This has been around since Block I. The MAWS have been upgraded from UV based detectors to infrared sensors, which work better when they are actively cooled. The same infrared MAWS on the J-10C which appear to be cooled by the same intake that's on the J-10C which has now been added to the Block III with the same EW suite. Or maybe that's just a coincidence to you, or the designers of the Block III were just lazy and ported over the same intake on the J-10C to cool the RD-93 (not used on the J-10C) without bothering to see whether it provides the same ram air cooling dynamics for the AL-31/WS-10 as it does for the RD-93. You can't just copy and paste an air intake for two completely different engines with different thermodynamic, thrust, weight, size and air flow characteristics.

There is an excellent paper which describes the advantages of current gen infrared based MAWS vs previous generation UV based MAWS if you want to understand why that's important.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/241361323_Two-color_infrared_missile_warning_sensors

Last edited:
small question regarding FBL (fly by light) as i understand Block 3 are built to equipped with it which itself is big achievement. does it changes the weight of Block 3? does it make it agile +-9G aircraft. is the airframe made strong enough?

why is it a prototype? if changes are as block built approach why the iron curtain? F-16 Block 15 to Block 30 to Block 50 did not require Prototype stage for every block?

if Block 3 (3000) which we saw flying was a prototype then as per previous program they would be 2 x flying prototypes and 1 x static prototype. that would need more then 2 years of flight testing to validate.

So now what does the Information Blackout suggest India should be worried like hell.

small question regarding FBL (fly by light) as i understand Block 3 are built to equipped with it which itself is big achievement. does it changes the weight of Block 3? does it make it agile +-9G aircraft. is the airframe made strong enough?

why is it a prototype? if changes are as block built approach why the iron curtain? F-16 Block 15 to Block 30 to Block 50 did not require Prototype stage for every block?

if Block 3 (3000) which we saw flying was a prototype then as per previous program they would be 2 x flying prototypes and 1 x static prototype. that would need more then 2 years of flight testing to validate.

So now what does the Information Blackout suggest India should be worried like hell.

The reports suggest that perhaps the JF17 block-III is finalised but radar and other gadgets are in testing phase perhaps PAF has some choices regarding ECM/Defensive equipment as KLJ7 A has been already chosen so A2A missiles are also obvious but other tech still not revealed openly.

respected posters
please calm down and review your contents of post before pressing the post reply.

set aside your emotions and strong feelings while posting your responses.

kindly edit your posts yourself and remove the snide remarks. its great that you have authority on some topic but please celebrate it more pleasantly rather than scorning.

I will start deleting your posts and might thread ban you without warning.

Last edited:

Some of your questions will be answered with time as Block 3 is formally inducted but I can definitely say that it will not become a +9,-9G jet from its +8,-3G current capability.

Relax brothers, just to change mood look at this beautiful picture of our thandar
FB_IMG_1589715029344.jpg

# JF-17 Thunder Block-3 features......

➲ Almost unchanged airframe design .....; There are huge differences in the avionics, armaments between of the current F-16s and witch F-16s made 50 years ago, but have you seen any changes in the exterior design? So Don't have The interior design of the JF-17 Block-3 will not change much with the addition of upgrades. But like the 'JF-17Bravo' version, the Vertical Stabilizer of block-3 will be some swapped. This leads much maneuvering.
That is, all the pictures of Block-3 in the net are fake.

Airframe made by composite material ......; The composite material used in the construction of the block-3 airframe will reduce the radar cross section (RCS) of the aircraft. The aircraft will also be painted by Radar Wave Observer Material (like the US Stealth F-15 Project).

For example, the F-16 A / B version had 5m2 rcs, witch airframe manufactured by General Material. But in the F-16 C / D version, the rcs is only 1.5m2, that's for composite material-made airframe. Similarly, the rcs of JF-17 block -1,2 where 3.5m2, due to the composite material, the rcs of block-3 will be about 1± m2. That is, the aircraft will be approximately semi stealth type. And for the stealth coating, the aircraft's color may would be gray or silver.

➲ New engine .....; The Russian RD-93 engine used in the previous version will be replaced with more thrust capable engine. Chinese and Italian engines have been verified for this. However, it was not known which one was selected.

➲ Supersonic Speed and More Payload Capacity .....; The aircraft will be powered by a Mac 2± for a stronger thrust of the new engine and can carry more armaments than ever before.

➲ Active Electronics Scanned Array (AESA) Radar .....; Both KLJ-7A and LKF601E radars have been verified for block-3. However, it was not known which one was selected in the end. Both are Long Range Active Electronics Scanned Array (AESA) radar. The standalone range of both rader in aerial combat is about 200 km and the ground / naval combat range is about 300 km. No need more longer range radar than a light fighter with a 1m2 rcs.

➲ New Cockpit Panel ....; The Block-1.2's multi-function digital glass cockpit panel is enough sophisticated and modern. Nevertheless, the cockpit panel of Block-3 will be upgraded with more modifications. The cockpit is designed in such a way that after takeoff the pilot can use all the options of the cockpit without removing his right hand from control steak. As a result, the amount of Human Arrow in combat will be greatly reduced.

➲ Voice command navigation / control system ....; One of the most touching features of Block-3 is the voice command control system. Because this Fifth Generation technology, to my knowledge, has not been used on any aircraft other than the Russian SU-57. As a result of this system, the pilot can provide various types of commands, including communication, aircraft navigation, through his mouth language. Receiving the pilot's commands via the microphone attached to the pilot's oxygen mask, the onboard computer system, through speech recognition software, will understand the meaning of the pilot's commands and perform the corresponding commands. This allows the pilot to focus his mind more on the enemy during combat.

What is more striking is that the system was developed by Pakistani aeronautical engineers themselves, not Chinese.

➲ Holographic Heads Up Display (HHUD) .....; This system is also made by Pakistan itself. This system uses a holographic sign instead of the usual glass display on the head up display at the top of the cockpit. Holographic sign is a technology where photos / videos can be seen inside the void without any glass or mirror! Due to the reflection of light on the glass during the day-mission, there is no problem in the pilot's face. This sophisticated technology is seen on the dashboard of today's expensive Formula-1 super cars.

➲ Advanced Built-in Electronic Warfare (EW) Suite ...; Previous versions of the JF-17 also used the French-made EW and Chinese KG300G Self-Protection jamming pods, which were fitted to the hardpoint like a bomb. But Block 3 will have more advanced and built-in EW suites installed inside the aircraft. This will reduce the aircraft's RCS and free up a hardpoints. This EW system helps the pilot in the role of Early Warner with electronic warfare support, jamming, countermeasure during combat. Advanced Fighter EW Suite is an extremely important avionics.

Multiple Missile Ejector Rack (MMER) ......; Previous versions of the JF-17 also had multiple ejector racks. However, they could only carry multiple bombs, not carry multiple missiles. But using the upgraded ejector rack in Block-3, it can carry 2 to 3 air-to-air missiles at one hard point. That means if they want the Block-3 JF-17 in the Air Superior Formation can fly with 12-15 air-to-air missiles simultaneously.

Three Axis Digital Fly-By-Wire System (FBW) ....; Many people will think that the Axis Digital Fly-by-wire (FBW) system is only using Block-3, but it is not true. Earlier, the JF-17 Bravo version also used the 3 axis Fly-by-wire (FBW) system.

Without the fly-by-wire system, modern fighters cannot be imagined. It is a technology whereby the control stick is transmitted to the pilot's command by electronic signal and sent to the aircraft's on-board computer. From there, the computer itself changes the maneuverability of the aircraft by moving the stabilizers of the aircraft. That this.. in the racing game we switching the car's direction by pressing the switch / slamming the phone, the fly-by-wire system is just like that. On previous planes, pilots had to fly the aircraft by shake the control stick against the air barrier.

Besides, the aircraft can be operated in auto-pilot mode as there is a fly-by-wire system. and three axis are more complicated matters on the roll, pitch and y of the aircraft. If I discuss it, you will not understand anything.

➲ Full Authority Digital Engine Control System (FADEC) .....; FADEC is an advanced technology where the aircraft's engine is fully computerized via the "Electronic Engine Controller" (EEC) and the "Engine Control Unit" (ECU). That is, there will be no manual work on engine management, everything will be done in a computerized manner.

Some of the notable advantages of this system are ... Automotive Engine Protection, Semi Automatic Engine Starting, Engine Health Monitoring. As we have seen in the Hollywood movie .. When the demise of Batman's car or Iron Man suit is shown in a computerized manner, the system can also report to the pilot the engine condition, loss and damage.

In addition, the engine is computerized the fuel consumption rate and the engine's severnage damage rate is reduced. Installing FADEC also reduces engine weight as manual operating gear is unloaded. That is, the whole thing is like controlling a Honda engine with a smartphone.

➲ P-15 Extra Long range BVR Missile ....; AESA Radar Guided PL-15 is a Chinese-made Hailey Advanced Extra Long Range BVR missile. The range of the missile is 150 km for the fighter-like maneuverable target and 300 km for the non-maneuverable target like bomber. When an AESA radar is installed on a missile, it is easy to guess how the missile's performance will be. This missile is used in all advanced fighters, including J-20, J-31, J-10C, China.

➲ TVC Guided Weapon ....; JF-17's Weapon Capacity has been constantly updated. For example, the Laser Guided Weapon Firing System has been added to Block-2. Likewise, all types of advanced Weapon Firing Capacities, including TV, GPS / INS, Laser Guided, will be added to Block-3. As a result, many advanced Weapons can be used, including the American AGM-114 Hellfire. It is not surprising that the AAM-120C carries.

➲ Helmet Mounted Display Site (HMDS) ....; Chinese J-20 stealth fighter's HMDS system will be used in Block-3. It is the latest HMDS system made in China.

➲ Infrared Search and Trucking System (ITST) ……; IR radar will be installed in Block-3, which helps a lot in close range combat. Any stealth fighter can also be identified if it is within range. The IR system will have a range of about 50-60 km.

All that we have discussed so far is the official announcement of Pak Air Force. That is, the above features are almost guaranteed to be in Block-3. However, there are some features that are very likely to be in Block-3. They are ...

➲ Conformal Fuel Tank (CFT) ....; CFT was not officially reported. However, the idea is to use the Conformal Fuel Tank in Block-3 like all other 4+ Generation Light Fighters.

➲ Extra Hard Point ....; The possibility of setting up a new hardpoint in Block-3 is also very high. In previous versions, there were 7 hardpoints, block 3 would be 8 or 9.

➲ Double seater version ....; Block-3 fighters can be double-seater, or double-seater versions are likely to come out.

It will also be in Block-3 as in previous versions.
In-Flight Air Refueling Capacity
Satellite based navigation system
➧ Onboard Oxygen Generation System (OBGS)
Rader Warning Receiver (RWR)
Missile Approach Warning System (MAWS)
Identification Friends or Foi (IFF)
Advanced Data-link Capacity
Electronic Countermeasure
Flair, chaff, decoy
Self Protection Jamming
Various Mission Pods, including Aselepod, Sniper AAQ-33
Etc ...

When reviewing those features you will notice that there is no wick point in Block-3. In addition to removing all the weaknesses of the previous versions, all kinds of advanced technology have been added to it. Block-3 is a good quality 4.5 Generation Fighter. All things considered, the Fighter is the equivalent of the F-16 Block-60 and capable of being a worthy counterweight to India's Upcoming Rafale.

Performance was verified by installing AESA radar and PL-15 BVR missiles on some Block-2 fighters Early in this year.

Production of JF-17 block-3 started in the June of this year. The first batch of fighters will complete the fast flight in November-December. By mid-2020, the fighters will be join in the PAF fleet.

Credit.
W. Tafhim Tahsin

For example, the F-16 A / B version had 5m2 rcs, witch airframe manufactured by General Material. But in the F-16 C / D version, the rcs is only 1.5m2, that's for composite material-made airframe. Similarly, the rcs of JF-17 block -1,2 where 3.5m2, due to the composite material, the rcs of block-3 will be about 1± m2.
F16A/B and JF17 Block I/IIs have huge RCS?
:o:

➲ Almost unchanged airframe design .....; There are huge differences in the avionics, armaments between of the current F-16s and witch F-16s made 50 years ago, but have you seen any changes in the exterior design? So Don't have The interior design of the JF-17 Block-3 will not change much with the addition of upgrades. But like the 'JF-17Bravo' version, the Vertical Stabilizer of block-3 will be some swapped. This leads much maneuvering.

Airframe made by composite material ......; The composite material used in the construction of the block-3 airframe will reduce the radar cross section (RCS) of the aircraft. The aircraft will also be painted by Radar Wave Observer Material (like the US Stealth F-15 Project).

For example, the F-16 A / B version had 5m2 rcs, witch airframe manufactured by General Material. But in the F-16 C / D version, the rcs is only 1.5m2, that's for composite material-made airframe. Similarly, the rcs of JF-17 block -1,2 where 3.5m2, due to the composite material, the rcs of block-3 will be about 1± m2. That is, the aircraft will be approximately semi stealth type. And for the stealth coating, the aircraft's color may would be gray or silver.

➲ New engine .....; The Russian RD-93 engine used in the previous version will be replaced with more thrust capable engine. Chinese and Italian engines have been verified for this. However, it was not known which one was selected.

➲ Supersonic Speed and More Payload Capacity .....; The aircraft will be powered by a Mac 2± for a stronger thrust of the new engine and can carry more armaments than ever before.

➲ Active Electronics Scanned Array (AESA) Radar .....; Both KLJ-7A and LKF601E radars have been verified for block-3. However, it was not known which one was selected in the end. Both are Long Range Active Electronics Scanned Array (AESA) radar. The standalone range of both rader in aerial combat is about 200 km and the ground / naval combat range is about 300 km. No need more longer range radar than a light fighter with a 1m2 rcs.

➲ New Cockpit Panel ....; The Block-1.2's multi-function digital glass cockpit panel is enough sophisticated and modern. Nevertheless, the cockpit panel of Block-3 will be upgraded with more modifications. The cockpit is designed in such a way that after takeoff the pilot can use all the options of the cockpit without removing his right hand from control steak. As a result, the amount of Human Arrow in combat will be greatly reduced.

➲ Voice command navigation / control system ....; One of the most touching features of Block-3 is the voice command control system. Because this Fifth Generation technology, to my knowledge, has not been used on any aircraft other than the Russian SU-57. As a result of this system, the pilot can provide various types of commands, including communication, aircraft navigation, through his mouth language. Receiving the pilot's commands via the microphone attached to the pilot's oxygen mask, the onboard computer system, through speech recognition software, will understand the meaning of the pilot's commands and perform the corresponding commands. This allows the pilot to focus his mind more on the enemy during combat.

What is more striking is that the system was developed by Pakistani aeronautical engineers themselves, not Chinese.

➲ Holographic Heads Up Display (HHUD) .....; This system is also made by Pakistan itself. This system uses a holographic sign instead of the usual glass display on the head up display at the top of the cockpit. Holographic sign is a technology where photos / videos can be seen inside the void without any glass or mirror! Due to the reflection of light on the glass during the day-mission, there is no problem in the pilot's face. This sophisticated technology is seen on the dashboard of today's expensive Formula-1 super cars.

➲ Advanced Built-in Electronic Warfare (EW) Suite ...; Previous versions of the JF-17 also used the French-made EW and Chinese KG300G Self-Protection jamming pods, which were fitted to the hardpoint like a bomb. But Block 3 will have more advanced and built-in EW suites installed inside the aircraft. This will reduce the aircraft's RCS and free up a hardpoints. This EW system helps the pilot in the role of Early Warner with electronic warfare support, jamming, countermeasure during combat. Advanced Fighter EW Suite is an extremely important avionics.

Multiple Missile Ejector Rack (MMER) ......; Previous versions of the JF-17 also had multiple ejector racks. However, they could only carry multiple bombs, not carry multiple missiles. But using the upgraded ejector rack in Block-3, it can carry 2 to 3 air-to-air missiles at one hard point. That means if they want the Block-3 JF-17 in the Air Superior Formation can fly with 12-15 air-to-air missiles simultaneously.

Three Axis Digital Fly-By-Wire System (FBW) ....; Many people will think that the Axis Digital Fly-by-wire (FBW) system is only using Block-3, but it is not true. Earlier, the JF-17 Bravo version also used the 3 axis Fly-by-wire (FBW) system.

Without the fly-by-wire system, modern fighters cannot be imagined. It is a technology whereby the control stick is transmitted to the pilot's command by electronic signal and sent to the aircraft's on-board computer. From there, the computer itself changes the maneuverability of the aircraft by moving the stabilizers of the aircraft. That this.. in the racing game we switching the car's direction by pressing the switch / slamming the phone, the fly-by-wire system is just like that. On previous planes, pilots had to fly the aircraft by shake the control stick against the air barrier.

Besides, the aircraft can be operated in auto-pilot mode as there is a fly-by-wire system. and three axis are more complicated matters on the roll, pitch and y of the aircraft. If I discuss it, you will not understand anything.

➲ Full Authority Digital Engine Control System (FADEC) .....; FADEC is an advanced technology where the aircraft's engine is fully computerized via the "Electronic Engine Controller" (EEC) and the "Engine Control Unit" (ECU). That is, there will be no manual work on engine management, everything will be done in a computerized manner.

Some of the notable advantages of this system are ... Automotive Engine Protection, Semi Automatic Engine Starting, Engine Health Monitoring. As we have seen in the Hollywood movie .. When the demise of Batman's car or Iron Man suit is shown in a computerized manner, the system can also report to the pilot the engine condition, loss and damage.

In addition, the engine is computerized the fuel consumption rate and the engine's severnage damage rate is reduced. Installing FADEC also reduces engine weight as manual operating gear is unloaded. That is, the whole thing is like controlling a Honda engine with a smartphone.

➲ P-15 Extra Long range BVR Missile ....; AESA Radar Guided PL-15 is a Chinese-made Hailey Advanced Extra Long Range BVR missile. The range of the missile is 150 km for the fighter-like maneuverable target and 300 km for the non-maneuverable target like bomber. When an AESA radar is installed on a missile, it is easy to guess how the missile's performance will be. This missile is used in all advanced fighters, including J-20, J-31, J-10C, China.

➲ TVC Guided Weapon ....; JF-17's Weapon Capacity has been constantly updated. For example, the Laser Guided Weapon Firing System has been added to Block-2. Likewise, all types of advanced Weapon Firing Capacities, including TV, GPS / INS, Laser Guided, will be added to Block-3. As a result, many advanced Weapons can be used, including the American AGM-114 Hellfire. It is not surprising that the AAM-120C carries.

➲ Helmet Mounted Display Site (HMDS) ....; Chinese J-20 stealth fighter's HMDS system will be used in Block-3. It is the latest HMDS system made in China.

➲ Infrared Search and Trucking System (ITST) ……; IR radar will be installed in Block-3, which helps a lot in close range combat. Any stealth fighter can also be identified if it is within range. The IR system will have a range of about 50-60 km.

All that we have discussed so far is the official announcement of Pak Air Force. That is, the above features are almost guaranteed to be in Block-3. However, there are some features that are very likely to be in Block-3. They are ...

➲ Conformal Fuel Tank (CFT) ....; CFT was not officially reported. However, the idea is to use the Conformal Fuel Tank in Block-3 like all other 4+ Generation Light Fighters.

➲ Extra Hard Point ....; The possibility of setting up a new hardpoint in Block-3 is also very high. In previous versions, there were 7 hardpoints, block 3 would be 8 or 9.

➲ Double seater version ....; Block-3 fighters can be double-seater, or double-seater versions are likely to come out.

Flair, chaff, decoy
Self Protection Jamming
Etc ...

When reviewing those features you will notice that there is no wick point in Block-3. In addition to removing all the weaknesses of the previous versions, all kinds of advanced technology have been added to it. Block-3 is a good quality 4.5 Generation Fighter. All things considered, the Fighter is the equivalent of the F-16 Block-60 and capable of being a worthy counterweight to India's Upcoming Rafale.

Performance was verified by installing AESA radar and PL-15 BVR missiles on some Block-2 fighters Early in this year.

Production of JF-17 block-3 started in the June of this year. The first batch of fighters will complete the fast flight in November-December. By mid-2020, the fighters will be join in the PAF fleet.

Credit.
W. Tafhim Tahsin
So you really think all these will part of block 3 ?

Flair, chaff, decoy
Self Protection Jamming
Etc ...

Credit.
W. Tafhim Tahsin
This looks loke a fgoogle translation from a Chinese article. So can we please have a source. If not can you please elaborate what the source is. Even if you dont want to name the person, then mention that the source is personal. We will then have the right to accept or discard any information .
Regards
A

Back
Top Bottom