What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

The jf-17 will be in an aerodynamically stall at around 140-150 knots (true air speed) which is around 259 km/h - 277 km/h

EXTRA

you can fly it up-to 70 knots and it will still do you a loop.

You can technically fly the jf-17 to 0 Knots and it still wont stall as long as you are able to maintain 0 g I believe its called a Zero-g pushover. An air craft cannot stall in 0 g = weightlessness

Hi,

You are talking about 'controlled stall'---!!!

Hi<

I don't think the 110 mph stall speed is incorrect---. I think it is fake information---. Fighter interceptor aircraft do not have that low a stall speed---.

That speed is lower than the stall speed of a Beechcraft king air 350---.

I think stall speed of the JF17 would be around 250 knotts +++ ---.

I think the info / specs provided are misleading---.

Here's a slow pass at 200km/h (5:15) and that must have been with a safety margin since a parade.

Hi<

I don't think the 110 mph stall speed is incorrect---. I think it is fake information---. Fighter interceptor aircraft do not have that low a stall speed---.

That speed is lower than the stall speed of a Beechcraft king air 350---.

I think stall speed of the JF17 would be around 250 knotts +++ ---.

I think the info / specs provided are misleading---.

While the information could certainly be wrong, however it is not entirely impossible. For comparison F-16 stall speed is around 130~140mph.

You can't compare it with a civilian prop plane since modern fighter jets done a lot to delay flow separation, vortex generator like LERX for example, high swept delta wings also generate vortex. All this helps prevent flow separation to occur. As a result modern fighters can pull much higher AoA then prop plane and fly slower.

You can see it in a lot of the air shows, jets show off their higher AoA capability performing low speed fly past. No civi plane can pull those AoA or fly that slow.

Though I must admit 110 seems low-balling a bit....

Hi,

You are talking about 'controlled stall'---!!!
Hello @MastanKhan

I-am talking about (Power type) aerodynamic stall:- when there is separation of airflow at the rear of the wing which decreases lift, than you pitch down, gains some speed, full power and exist stall.

Technically any stall that is intentional and you can exit successfully from it can be said as a controlled stall but mostly it is referred to as a skid or slip turn maneuver where one wing has decreased lift (stall) and the other is producing lift.

I have drawn this because I was bored so please enjoy.
stall (2).jpeg

Blk 3 hit by Covid 19 ? No news of it since last December?
It is not meant to be paraded on a trailer every friday. Work is ongoing and it will make an appearance when it is meant to. We have almost jumped to 4.5 generation with incorporation of key technologies in the platform and testing will take till the end of the year. Most likely you will only see it around March next year.
A

Just since I urgently needed to something very much different to all the regular work todayand there was once again a post concerning the Block 3 would have a greater ground clearance (IMO not), bigger wings (not visible from this image, but IMO not), wider engine (nope) ...

JF-17 Block 1 vs Block 3.jpg

Hi,

That is what is displayed---but would be really interesting to see the relationship between low stall speed to landing speed---.

The figure seems broadly correct. It's low but not low enough to think it is misinformation or an error in reporting.

Low stall speed usually translates to shorter landing speed, which translates to shorter landing distance. It also indicates that the flight profile has now been fully opened up and the FBW is nailed.

The figure seems broadly correct. It's low but not low enough to think it is misinformation or an error in reporting.

Low stall speed usually translates to shorter landing speed, which translates to shorter landing distance. It also indicates that the flight profile has now been fully opened up and the FBW is nailed.

Hi,

Would like to see the shorter landing distance---but Paf won't show it---.

Every second of every flight is opportunity to nail the FBW.

People need to understand that FBW means training a computer to have a pilot's instinct; and augment the human's instinct at the same time.

Any indication the Block III variant will employ selective RAM coatings or baked in RAM panels to decrease the RCS further. While the jet has a small RCS, if the RCS can be lowered further, it may force the enemy to have to come closer to use their BVR missiles, allow the JF-17 to have a higher probability of a kill when the enemy jet is more likely to be in its missile’s No Escape Zone.

In the same vein, possibly fitting the jet for a retractable refueling probe would also help lower the RCS and improve the pilots field of view

Perhaps Block III may not feature these elements, but they should be considered for a future upgrade. They could come out of the R&D efforts from Project AZM, and using them on the JF-17 will the improve that jet, while helping our scientists and engineers to get the technology right for project AZM.

Any indication the Block III variant will employ selective RAM coatings or baked in RAM panels to decrease the RCS further. While the jet has a small RCS, if the RCS can be lowered further, it may force the enemy to have to come closer to use their BVR missiles, allow the JF-17 to have a higher probability of a kill when the enemy jet is more likely to be in its missile’s No Escape Zone.

In the same vein, possibly fitting the jet for a retractable refueling probe would also help lower the RCS and improve the pilots field of view

Perhaps Block III may not feature these elements, but they should be considered for a future upgrade. They could come out of the R&D efforts from Project AZM, and using them on the JF-17 will the improve that jet, while helping our scientists and engineers to get the technology right for project AZM.
The cost of the plane will exponemtially go up. The cobham retractable probe if memory serve me right would have added 200000$ to the price. The other thing to remember is that the major contributors to your radar visibility are the missiles and fuel tanks. What are we goig to do with those? However as a part of future upgrade it is worth considering .
A

Back
Top Bottom