What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

@ziaulislam @araz (you shut me down last time) @Trailer23 @Quwa

We know that JF-17 with RD-93 is under powered and this effect will be more high lighted if as per reports the both payload and fuel storage is increased in BLK-3. Weight of additional equipments can be countered with use of composites. So one can say that there is need of another engine with more thrust.

1. As per info available we bought 150. We have produced 50 BLK-1s, 59 BLK-2s, 12(afaik) for Mayanmar, 3 for Nigeria, 8 Bs, 6 prototypes, 1(confirmed)+1(alleged) BLK-3 prototypes. This equals to 140 aircrafts meaning we have only 10 RD-93s left.
2. As per reports we will be having 4 Bs and 2 BLK-3s in 2020.
3. As per reports WS-10 is now in serial production and is being installed on J-10s. Also Chinese reports say that WS-13 is ready to be mass produced.
4. WS-13 is almost same in size with RD-93. It is enhanced RE version of RD-93.
5. There is no info available in public whether Pakistan has placed order for more RD-93s or not.

Your comments.

Hi,

You are just repeating what many other are saying---without having any clue about the power out put of RD93 and the utility of available power.

Tactically---What do you know about it being under powered---?

Do you have a comparative graph of available output time factor to max power and the power curve---that you are basing your information on---.

Last edited:
dear Haris how could we term RD-93 an underpowered engine when it gives thrust to weight ratio of 1:09, plz don't believe every other argument by every other person online
jf-17-specifications-jpg.624496
This seems to be the specifications of Block II variant.

@NA71 it will appreciated to not to share every non verified account from internet. You have something to say, put it down by yourself. Prompting some random accounts with some random questions, can't be allowed.

Regards,

On wiki TWR is 0.95 but 1.10 with WS-13.
View attachment 626296

Hi,

"
  • Maximum speed: 1,980 km/h (1,230 mph, 1,070 kn)
  • Maximum speed: Mach 1.6
  • Stall speed: 180 km/h (110 mph, 97 kn) "

One of the most important information here is the STALL SPEED:---as you are a kid like many other on this forum and all you guys know is a top speed and how many hard points---but you are clueless about STALL SPEED and its importance---.

No one has ever asked that question either---.

At 110 mph---this speed is shockingly very very low---. I am very surprised at that low a speed---. And how and why it got released---.

Actually---why am I blaming you---. You are just a KID---. There are many professionals & adults here who are clueless---many engineers as well---.

If 110 mph is the "REAL" stall speed---then this ability was being hidden specially at claimed landing speeds at or around 300 mph and the usage of the chute---.

Last edited:
Hi,

"
  • Maximum speed: 1,980 km/h (1,230 mph, 1,070 kn)
  • Maximum speed: Mach 1.6
  • Stall speed: 180 km/h (110 mph, 97 kn) "

One of the most important information here is the STALL SPEED:---as you are a kid like many other on this forum and all you guys know is a top speed and how many hard points---but you are clueless about STALL SPEED and its importance---.

No one has ever asked that question either---.

At 110 mph---this speed is shockingly very very low---. I am very surprised at that low a speed---. And how and why it got released---.
Though I'm originally a mechanical engineer but went into software, but if I recall correctly the lower the stall speed the better. That means the planes flight characteristics are good enough such that even at such slow speed the wings can generate enough lift to sustain flight. From your post I couldn't guage whether you meant it was good or bad.

Though I'm originally a mechanical engineer but went into software, but if I recall correctly the lower the stall speed the better. That means the planes flight characteristics are good enough such that even at such slow speed the wings can generate enough lift to sustain flight. From your post I couldn't guage whether you meant it was good or bad.

Hi,

It is a hidden GEM of an information if it is really true---. A real surprise---.

Some single engine prop aircraft have 60 / 70 miles per hour stall speed and this is a 4th gen fighter aircraft---. A true little monster---.

Which means---a very very short landing distance---. A digital fly by wire---!!! and what else are we using for stability---.

Thunder has a higher landing speed than F-16 which is a bad thing to have and warrants the need of dragchute .

Hi,

It is a hidden GEM of an information if it is really true---. A real surprise---.

Some single engine prop aircraft have 60 / 70 miles per hour stall speed and this is a 4th gen fighter aircraft---. A true little monster---.

Which means---a very very short landing distance---. A digital fly by wire---!!! and what else are we using for stability---.

Also means that in a dog fight the JF can afford to lose more energy before it absolutely have to start replenishing and give away position.

I wonder if max AoA is increased with blk3 with full fly by wire now

Hi,

Hi<

I don't think the 110 mph stall speed is incorrect---. I think it is fake information---. Fighter interceptor aircraft do not have that low a stall speed---.

That speed is lower than the stall speed of a Beechcraft king air 350---.

I think stall speed of the JF17 would be around 250 knotts +++ ---.

I think the info / specs provided are misleading---.

Last edited:
Hi<

I don't think the 110 mph stall speed is correct---. I think it is fake information---. Fighter interceptor aircraft do not have that low a stall speed---.

That speed is lower than the stall speed of a Beechcraft king air 350---.

I think stall speed of the JF17 would be around 250 knotts +++ ---.

I think the info / specs provided are misleading---.

The jf-17 will be in an aerodynamically stall at around 140-150 knots (true air speed) which is around 259 km/h - 277 km/h

EXTRA

you can fly it up-to 70 knots and it will still do you a loop.

You can technically fly the jf-17 to 0 Knots and it still wont stall as long as you are able to maintain 0 g I believe its called a Zero-g pushover. An air craft cannot stall in 0 g = weightlessness

Back
Top Bottom