What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Why has it taken so long, almost 3 years from BII to BIII if the incrementals are so small? Does a new radar and FBW system take 3 years to validate?

@Dazzler
The aircraft in the background is not even a JF-17 B.
I understand it's the FTC-2000 or something.

upload_2019-12-19_22-40-49-png.594619

I've said this before, but adding a hardpoint for pod is the most this airframe can handle. As for aero, the current shaping is almost the most optimised for this aircraft. It has reached maturity with the B variant.
Some want stealth shaping and then have provision for generous hardpoints. It's not practical.

The Chinese love to play with stealth designs, but that's limited to trainers. PAF as an actual air force won't be party to such nonsense.
Can you gove me your background in aerospace to come up with that conclusion please?

Why has it taken so long, almost 3 years from BII to BIII if the incrementals are so small? Does a new radar and FBW system take 3 years to validate?
I think block 3 is serving in some small part as technology demonstrator for Azm. We know of AESA and have rumors of HMD and fly by optics (and some advanced flow control). I dont think many of these things were needed for B3 if we wanted to quickly get it out. I believe the purpose is to have B3 be the test bed for a lot of subsystem technologies that will feed into Azm (given how there is no physical Azm yet). I know this is an awfully optimistic opinion but I have my optimistic days too.

@Dazzler
The aircraft in the background is not even a JF-17 B.
I understand it's the FTC-2000 or something.

upload_2019-12-19_22-40-49-png.594619

What will Ghizhao FTC 2000 be doing at CAC facility? They are different projects from different design institutes. Ghizhao competes with Hongdu and they both make trainers, not frontline fighters.

@Deino

What is the big deal, there are at least four different articles reporting the same.#
At the end of the day it's not Block-3.

Big deal is the irrelevant article you shared to prove your point.

Back
Top Bottom