What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

No 19, 93MA most likely

Interesting

@The Eagle

Yes. It was discussed previously that except for second seat; we wouldn't see much of structural changes in Block-III viz a viz Block-II B. That particular picture however, still seems like Block-II B but I do agree that there isn't much of change.

No spectator, cannot share pictures at the moment.

My question here is if there is no change in intakes can an improved thurst of WS-19 series engine can be deployed on JF-17.

Maybe they altered the bumps inside the intake. I doubt that WS-19 won't become operational 2030.

Yes. It was discussed previously that except for second seat; we wouldn't see much of structural changes in Block-III viz a viz Block-II B. That particular picture however, still seems like Block-II B but I do agree that there isn't much of change.
So no increase in Hardpoints? No more ground clearance for RA'AD? Only two BVR per jet?

So no increase in Hardpoints? No more ground clearance for RA'AD? Only two BVR per jet?

One cannot say before it is revealed. We are discussing the possible shape of Block-III and not the its capabilities. I will urge to wait for it.

It's a fan made CGI but one hell of elegant CGI of JF-17 BLK-III .... posting it just because that find it beautiful
View attachment 594523
@messiach this is what the people want from Blk 3.

other than USA all other countries are testing the idea of using F-35 with F-15 or F-16 , same is the case with China who is making more and more J-16s and J-10s with their J-20

So I think stealth is not necessary to complement other Stealthy Fighter Aircraft
The world is moving to using drones to lessen the risk on manned fighters. So, basically, the drones will operate as decoys, AAM carriers, EW jammers, etc to stress enemy radars, sustain losses, and if possible start the SEAD process, after which the manned fighters enter. I think there is a decent chance we'll see either PAC or ID come up with a loyal wingman drone (PAC has a gen 1 target drone while ID is working on its gen 2).

The Much anticipated JF-17 Thunder block 3 has taken its first flight. The Aircraft is featuring a next generation Fly by Wire Suit, Carbon Fiber Composite Airframe, AESA radar, Self Protection and built in Jamming Suit.
Powered by PL-15 VLRAAM(Very Large Range Air to Air Missile) ranging approximately 100 Nautical Miles, existingly mounted SD-10 BVR(Beyond Visual Range) Air to Air Missile, along with next generation PL-10 infrared-homing WVR(Within Visual Range) air-to-air Missile. The missile is fitted with a multi-element IIR seeker capable of +/-90 degree off boresight angles. The missile seeker can be slaved to a helmet-mounted display (HMD), allowing the pilot to track a target beyond the aircraft's radar scan envelope using the missile's high off-boresight capability, achieved by the pilot turning his head towards the target to lock-on, better known as "look and shoot".

source: Strategic Journal

The Much anticipated JF-17 Thunder block 3 has taken its first flight. The Aircraft is featuring a next generation Fly by Wire Suit, Carbon Fiber Composite Airframe, AESA radar, Self Protection and built in Jamming Suit.
Powered by PL-15 VLRAAM(Very Large Range Air to Air Missile) ranging approximately 100 Nautical Miles, existingly mounted SD-10 BVR(Beyond Visual Range) Air to Air Missile, along with next generation PL-10 infrared-homing WVR(Within Visual Range) air-to-air Missile. The missile is fitted with a multi-element IIR seeker capable of +/-90 degree off boresight angles. The missile seeker can be slaved to a helmet-mounted display (HMD), allowing the pilot to track a target beyond the aircraft's radar scan envelope using the missile's high off-boresight capability, achieved by the pilot turning his head towards the target to lock-on, better known as "look and shoot".

source: Strategic Journal
link please

Translated from Chinese to English...
https://new.qq.com/omn/20191216/20191216A08HML00.html

As an excellent light fighter, the Phenom is based on the basic model and continuously updated technology. It has launched the Phenom Block II, two-seater Phenom and oil-receiving Phenom. The good news has recently come. Ⅲ has achieved mass production. The brand-new airborne radar is KLJ-7A active phased array radar, which makes Jilong's air-to-air detection distance up to 170 kilometers and the sea-to-sea detection distance to 200 ~ 220 kilometers, which is sufficient for the Indian Air Force. The threat will be the key to the success of the Pakistan Air Force. .

Compared with the F-16 fighter aircraft, Pakistan has established a production line of the Jiulong fighter aircraft. Even if there is damage in combat, it can be quickly replenished and repaired without the need to look at the United States and be restrained by it. From this perspective, the United States ban may not be a good thing. It can test the combat power of the Dragon Dragon fighters and increase their deployment to avoid being hit by a US card at a critical moment.
1000.jpg
Wings must be look like this...

I think we can probably just take the first sentence as they are just aggregating the information. But the later portion we will leave until we get more details from credible sites.
exactly. even information is not very clear as nothing given about number of hard points and type of Engine

IMHO, this thread should be temporarily locked till the actual Jeff blk 3 pics are officially released.

Everything that could have been said, speculated, rumored, thought, wished and explained about Jeff blk 3 has been exhaustively discussed on this thread over and over again.

There's nothing left to beat now. Let's just wait for Jeff with our expectations lowered a bit.

I've said this before, but adding a hardpoint for pod is the most this airframe can handle. As for aero, the current shaping is almost the most optimised for this aircraft. It has reached maturity with the B variant.
Some want stealth shaping and then have provision for generous hardpoints. It's not practical.

The Chinese love to play with stealth designs, but that's limited to trainers. PAF as an actual air force won't be party to such nonsense.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom