What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

It's a fan made CGI but one hell of elegant CGI of JF-17 BLK-III .... posting it just because that find it beautiful
BLK-III CGI[1].jpg

I think due to current situation at LOC we arr not revealing Block 3, which i think is a very good decision

IMG_4008.JPG

IMG_4002.JPG

I think block 3 should/will have new hardpoints min 3, one under intake for ldp plus 2 under wing like f-16 so total 10 or like f-16 total 11 Hp with 2 new under intake for jammer pod and ldp like j-10 and 2 new like f-16 under wing for sd-10

Anyway time will tell there are new Hp per my info but question is how many and where ?? Under intake for sure Under wings are tbd

Remember ground attack or multi role version of JL-10 and FTC-2000g came with more Hp from China [emoji630]

WS-13 is a copy of RD-33 done when the risk of India stopping Russia from supplying RD-93. This is old engine and poor technology. Nowadays Chinese engine is better than Russian. It already is and will become clearer years later just like most things.

Chinese WS-10A and newer WS-10 engines have longer life and higher power without afterburner. With afterburner about the same as AL-31FN3. WS-15 will be better than anything from Russia even program 30. Program 30 engine will not be highly different to 117. From 117S in Su-35, the vectoring technology is very complex but high quality type. Our WS-10 vectoring demonstration on J-10 was simplified design because we decided not to use Russia nozzle mechanism style since it's too expensive and complex to be reliable for weapon.

WS-19 we aim to create something similar that can get closer to F414 and EJ200 level of performance plus reliability but these western engines are much better than Chinese ones at the moment. Russian ones have struggled since Soviet break up and Ukraine hold many key Soviet technology in engines. Nowadays because of 30 years of lacking funding and slower research and development, Russia is not as amazing as people think. At this moment, already many Chinese manufacturing technology for engines is better than Russian and we are now ready to use WS-10x on J-10 which already production is shifted to. J-11 and J-16 all used WS-10 for 10 years now. So now Chengdu comfortable with WS-10x performance.

Russia and Ukraine make much better high bypass turbofan than China because Chinese government invested into military low bypass engines and research so we will continue to rely on Ukraine and Russia for those engines and partner programs with Russia like C929 will cooperate in high bypass too. We are developing variable ratio engine similar Americans at the moment. Of course I suspect they are nearly completed and we are experimenting only.

When Russia get richer, they will invest more into military engine development and get back to top. Right now American and British military engines are the best and highest performance in every way. For us compared to them, it's not so much about design but material and production method. Many things are just accident discovery or guess and check but the science can help in some ways. Good example is Chinese scientists used years of trying and experimentation to develop a material for Rolls Royce which German engineers determined scientifically it was impossible task. Sometimes engine engineering requires time but definitely requires money which unfortunately Russian engineers didn't have much of.

That’s a really nice CGI wonder why we couldn’t hire talent like this to design the plane. :(

Because putting useless "stealthy features" just for aesthetic purposes is a dumb idea and nobody with actual engineering talent would waste time on that.

Engineers are not architects and even the latter sometimes don't give a crap about aesthetics.

It's a fan made CGI but one hell of elegant CGI of JF-17 BLK-III .... posting it just because that find it beautiful

Indeed

Such JF17 would complement AZM FGFA very nicely. Just like F35 with the F22 raptor

Wishes wishes :)

I think due to current situation at LOC we arr not revealing Block 3, which i think is a very good decision

I think block 3 should/will have new hardpoints min 3, one under intake for ldp plus 2 under wing like f-16 so total 10 or like f-16 total 11 Hp with 2 new under intake for jammer pod and ldp like j-10 and 2 new like f-16 under wing for sd-10

Anyway time will tell there are new Hp per my info but question is how many and where ?? Under intake for sure Under wings are tbd

Remember ground attack or multi role version of JL-10 and FTC-2000g came with more Hp from China [emoji630]

It seems like the umpteenth post I have seen with similar images/wishes. I hope they come true. For now, these are the most realistic changes.

1- FBW upgrade
2- Radar change to AESA
3- Upgraded music player in the cockpit.

1 alone or in conjunction with more composites may allow space and weight savings to incorporate larger fuel tanks for better loiter time. Anyone in the know and/or associated with PAF agrees that we need another aircraft if we are to meet all potential threats faced by PAF in the medium and long term.

Indeed

Wishes wishes :)

It seems like the umpteenth post I have seen with similar images/wishes. I hope they come true. For now, these are the most realistic changes.

1- FBW upgrade
2- Radar change to AESA
3- Upgraded music player in the cockpit.

1 alone or in conjunction with more composites may allow space and weight savings to incorporate larger fuel tanks for better loiter time. Anyone in the know and/or associated with PAF agrees that we need another aircraft if we are to meet all potential threats faced by PAF in the medium and long term.

About composition material can current fighters in inventory be updated using composites externally or internal would also need to be modified?

About composition material can current fighters in inventory be updated using composites externally or internal would also need to be modified?

Theoretically yes, but nothing major is done to an existing plane as reduced weight means a change in center of gravity and that may entirely change the flight behavior of a plane. F16 MLU contains major updates but manufacturers are cognizant of this fact and balance out all changes to ensure the upgraded plane does not veer far off the original aerodynamic profile if at all. I hope this makes sense.

Such JF17 would complement AZM FGFA very nicely. Just like F35 with the F22 raptor
other than USA all other countries are testing the idea of using F-35 with F-15 or F-16 , same is the case with China who is making more and more J-16s and J-10s with their J-20

So I think stealth is not necessary to complement other Stealthy Fighter Aircraft

Last edited:
View attachment 594523

There is no disagreement. Just beat me to it. Even 40% structural changes absorbed from CGI as such; will bring Block-III to the whole new class of fighter. I mean that it is competing with 4.5++ in such shape.

WS-13 is a copy of RD-33 done when the risk of India stopping Russia from supplying RD-93. This is old engine and poor technology. Nowadays Chinese engine is better than Russian. It already is and will become clearer years later just like most things.

Chinese WS-10A and newer WS-10 engines have longer life and higher power without afterburner. With afterburner about the same as AL-31FN3. WS-15 will be better than anything from Russia even program 30. Program 30 engine will not be highly different to 117. From 117S in Su-35, the vectoring technology is very complex but high quality type. Our WS-10 vectoring demonstration on J-10 was simplified design because we decided not to use Russia nozzle mechanism style since it's too expensive and complex to be reliable for weapon.

WS-19 we aim to create something similar that can get closer to F414 and EJ200 level of performance plus reliability but these western engines are much better than Chinese ones at the moment. Russian ones have struggled since Soviet break up and Ukraine hold many key Soviet technology in engines. Nowadays because of 30 years of lacking funding and slower research and development, Russia is not as amazing as people think. At this moment, already many Chinese manufacturing technology for engines is better than Russian and we are now ready to use WS-10x on J-10 which already production is shifted to. J-11 and J-16 all used WS-10 for 10 years now. So now Chengdu comfortable with WS-10x performance.

Russia and Ukraine make much better high bypass turbofan than China because Chinese government invested into military low bypass engines and research so we will continue to rely on Ukraine and Russia for those engines and partner programs with Russia like C929 will cooperate in high bypass too. We are developing variable ratio engine similar Americans at the moment. Of course I suspect they are nearly completed and we are experimenting only.

When Russia get richer, they will invest more into military engine development and get back to top. Right now American and British military engines are the best and highest performance in every way. For us compared to them, it's not so much about design but material and production method. Many things are just accident discovery or guess and check but the science can help in some ways. Good example is Chinese scientists used years of trying and experimentation to develop a material for Rolls Royce which German engineers determined scientifically it was impossible task. Sometimes engine engineering requires time but definitely requires money which unfortunately Russian engineers didn't have much of.

Once WS-19 gets more mature, I would really hope for it to be used for future blocks of Thunders considering it is somewhat similar in dimensions to WS-13 which is being used in FC-31.

There is no disagreement. Just beat me to it. Even 40% structural changes absorbed from CGI as such; will bring Block-III to the whole new class of fighter. I mean that it is competing with 4.5++ in such shape.

Sorry, but no. The most impactful airframe changes will be invisible - i.e. more use of composite materials, strengthening of hardpoints, more 3D-printed pieces and single-construction airframe parts, etc. - rather than some hypothetical stealth shaping that will have zero impact on the Thunder's final performance once it carries weapons.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom