What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Why that angry face?? It was never - at least realistically - expected that it would fly from Kamra.
Nope, he said something everyone know for 4 days...

The only reason why it makes sense to me for Chinese to keep the jet under wraps, for this long - is cos the engine on the new jet has been replaced with another Russian one. But the supply for these has not been secured yet. This was the issue, when JF-17 was first unveiled too.

It makes sense to avoid Indian pressure on Russia, until the supply chain and a fixed amount of engines has been secured first.
upload_2019-12-18_17-58-56.jpeg

The only reason why it makes sense to me for Chinese to keep the jet under wraps, for this long - is cos the engine on the new jet has been replaced with another Russian one. But the supply for these has not been secured yet. This was the issue, when JF-17 was first unveiled too.

It makes sense to avoid Indian pressure on Russia, until the supply chain and a fixed amount of engines has been secured first.

I don't think that we will fly our bird with unconfirmed engine like this to have more chances of failure and then to go to drawing board again. Engine change isn't a plug & play thingy. If, I say for the sake of arguments, Block-III is flying with some new engine, is definitely the one which is finalized and after a done deal. A half baked product prone to failure as compare to finalized attachments.

I second on the engine hypothesis... cann't invest time and money on something uncertain...

But the word Prototype is most telling... Blocks are mostly upgrades... but this word is creating a lot of curiosity...and then this total radio silence... and if AirChief was there... then my, my...

We want Pictures!

Pictures ko izzat do!

79870153_3512223342163330_1533303311787098112_n.jpg

Any thoughts?

Bhai! if you aren't into knowledge about Block-III possible affect, which I assume you may have bit of information; the wise-man whispers that you don't know what it is going to be. I can refer to the air engagement on 27th Feb whereby, CAS is on record that Block-II Thunder has performed really well against Mirage, SUs & their armaments then you can imagine what Block-III is going to be. However, I do give it to the men in business that no information shall be released except for its external looks and that's it while you make them enemies to keep guessing and then surprise them like no other day.

There was a reason why we pitched JF-17 on 27th Feb and let it enjoy the battle arena. It returns and had a lot of memory to rise more strongly. Block-III is far more than we gained on 27th Feb, 2019 and values a lot because its mind has already fought the battle that many of its class birdies awaits for the day and such chance.

My information may be wrong in regard to Block-III or what I know but then again, there is an element of trust between us and can never think to slip it as all of us have such responsibility for the Pakistan.

Don't mind for your older brother pulling your leg every now and then... what would be life without it?

It would be nothing indeed and isn't different from the smile on face when seeing it flying & results are more than expected. Enjoy and remember in prayers. The moments are precious.

I don't think that we will fly our bird with unconfirmed engine like this to have more chances of failure and then to go to drawing board again. Engine change isn't a plug & play thingy. If, I say for the sake of arguments, Block-III is flying with some new engine, is definitely the one which is finalized and after a done deal. A half baked product prone to failure as compare to finalized attachments.

5-6 years ago, @Tempest II shared a picture from Russian engine manufacturer of RD-93 which stated RD-93 MA will come in 2019 for FC-1 jet. If what kursed is mentioning, then most probably it would be RD-93 MA. So RD-93 MA would most probably be the plug and play for Block-3

5-6 years ago, @Tempest II shared a picture from Russian engine manufacturer of RD-93 which stated RD-93 MA will come in 2019 for FC-1 jet. If what kursed is mentioning, then most probably it would be RD-93 MA. So RD-93 MA would most probably be the plug and play for Block-3

I am denying the fact the of any engine for Block-III but my emphasis was that no country will ever conduct a maiden flight or tests with uncertain or yet not decided Engine at all. In other words, if RD-93MA is selected then it means, there is no chance of failure of contract at all rather it is a done deal.

Well if there is an engine change, I am not saying there is going to be, then the new engine is certainly going to be the RD-93MA.

I think it will be Chinese rather than Russian.:pakistan::china:
Your guess is as good or bad as mine. Somehow I don't think PAF will be going for a Chinese engine, if there is an engine change. But that is my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom