What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

What will Ghizhao FTC 2000 be doing at CAC facility? They are different projects from different design institutes. Ghizhao competes with Hongdu and they both make trainers, not frontline fighters.

@Deino

Simply since it is not a FTC-2000 ... it's 100% for sure a JF-17B.

I really don't understand this issue.

@Dazzler
The aircraft in the background is not even a JF-17 B.
I understand it's the FTC-2000 or something.

upload_2019-12-19_22-40-49-png.594619

No ... clearly a "B"

I think block 3 is serving in some small part as technology demonstrator for Azm. We know of AESA and have rumors of HMD and fly by optics (and some advanced flow control). I dont think many of these things were needed for B3 if we wanted to quickly get it out. I believe the purpose is to have B3 be the test bed for a lot of subsystem technologies that will feed into Azm (given how there is no physical Azm yet). I know this is an awfully optimistic opinion but I have my optimistic days too.
This...and the PAF coming to terms of not going overseas for a high-end fighter. It'll need to center on the JF-17 until the NGF comes online.

On that note though, I wonder if we'll see major investment in support assets, like EW aircraft (to augment the Falcon DA20 fleet).

I think block 3 is serving in some small part as technology demonstrator for Azm. We know of AESA and have rumors of HMD and fly by optics (and some advanced flow control). I dont think many of these things were needed for B3 if we wanted to quickly get it out. I believe the purpose is to have B3 be the test bed for a lot of subsystem technologies that will feed into Azm (given how there is no physical Azm yet). I know this is an awfully optimistic opinion but I have my optimistic days too.

Quite possible, since CAC also followed a similar pattern for J-20 and tested/validated some of its tech on j-10B/C

Based on dcs video surprised to see that visibility of the jf in rear hemisphere is very good compared to say f-7 and mirage perhaps as good as f-16

From outside it looks like there will be blind spot but that is not the case

???

Why has it taken so long, almost 3 years from BII to BIII if the incrementals are so small? Does a new radar and FBW system take 3 years to validate?

I read one of the the reason it takes longer was because CAC was waiting for Pak side to pick which radar they wanted for Block III.

I can't understand the "ohh shishh" secrecy theory behind block III
The world has better fighters
They don't act like their fighter is the hand of God or it fires laser beams
The only reason we haven't seen a block III is because it ain't ready yet
Simple as that
So everyone calm yo Tits
We'll see one when it's actually ready

This...and the PAF coming to terms of not going overseas for a high-end fighter. It'll need to center on the JF-17 until the NGF comes online.

On that note though, I wonder if we'll see major investment in support assets, like EW aircraft (to augment the Falcon DA20 fleet).

Hi,

If that is the case---then it is a concern against the Paf ---.

A higher tiered weapons integrated aircraft than the BLK3 is needed and not the 5th gen right now---.

Hi,

If that is the case---then it is a concern against the Paf ---.

A higher tiered weapons integrated aircraft than the BLK3 is needed and not the 5th gen right now---.

Agreed.

It is stupid logic that the PAF will acquire no intermediate aircraft between Block 3 and the decades-away Project Azm FGFA - when IAF has already crossed the line in Feb. Dev packages need to have margins for the intermediate aircraft and IA it is just a matter of time now.

“ A fighter in any future conflict must, therefore have both long and short range missile firing capabilities, along with the associated sensors like radars, threat warning systems, and data links. PAF could do well by urgently replacing its legacy fighters with ‘home-grown’ JF-17s (especially the upcoming Block III version), which have all the desirable attributes at an affordable cost.”

Latest article by ac tufail

Plans are in place for EW variant development of Jf17b. The timeline is not known however.

Why has it taken so long, almost 3 years from BII to BIII if the incrementals are so small? Does a new radar and FBW system take 3 years to validate?
Budget cuts, updation in plans due to non availability of many things which were once available in near past. Sadly the Blk3 has lost few promising things in the process of development. Single piece MFD, voice controls and an 'average' HMD being three primary ones as far as Cockpit is concerned.

Block 3 is not a testbed for NGFA.

@Dazzler
The aircraft in the background is not even a JF-17 B.
I understand it's the FTC-2000 or something.

upload_2019-12-19_22-40-49-png.594619
Come on Windy, it's a Bravo.

Back
Top Bottom