What's new

JF-17 Block-3 -- Updates, News & Discussion

Is it Blick 2B or block 3View attachment 593615

Should be Blk 2 - B

just remember slanted is for rhe B model.

why is the tail slanted on the B model.

to compensate for change in air flow for design change of additional seat and more protruded hump.

if anyone knows different plz correct.

Last edited:
Should be Blk 2 - B

just remember slanted is for rhe B model.

why is the tail slanted on the B model.

to compensate for change in air flow fur to design change if additional seat and more protruded hump.

if anyone knows different plz correct.

You didn't say "Hi" and also forgot to add your double dashes.

@Quwa @messiach
Any news on HMD???

There isnt many choices. I am expecting the Thales TopOwl or a Chinese solution. The other two options are an Elta solution or one from BAE systems. We have already selected the TopOwl for out AH1Z and there is issues with the willingness to supply them on behalf of the French either. Besides, TopOwl is a tried and tested solution.

Last time I checked Topowl was heli only helmet and there was no equivalent version for fighters ?? From Oem

Last time I checked Topowl was heli only helmet and there was no equivalent version for fighters ?? From Oem
1- http://tda-armements.com/sites/default/files/asset/document/topowl_f.pdf

2- https://www.thalesgroup.com/en/worldwide/defence/topowlr-combat-aircraft
Qualified and flight proven

Qualified on Mirage 2000-5 and MiG-29
Selected by French Air Force and Dassault on Mirage 2000-5
Selected by MiG Corporation to equip MiG-29 K for the Indian Navy

@Quwa @messiach
Any news on HMD???
No news. As it stands, the Thales TopOwl-F is the only plausible option we can cleanly get off-the-market. If not the TopOwl-F, we'll wait for a Chinese or Turkish solution.

I don't think the PAF is desperate for WVRAAM cueing, but if so, then the hardware to make a Thales Scorpion-like solution is available through South Africa. It isn't modern, but it would allow for HOBS AAM usage if we really needed it soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom