What's new

Japan's best strategy to defeat China at sea

are you a soldier in Chinese navy? do you design our combat system? have you touched our system? if not, please do not BB

Tell me how 052C linked and jointly act ? btw, are you in Navy?

no matter DF21 been proven or not, Japs' master care about it. that is what we want

Yeah they care about all of ballistic, incl. DF21, North Korea ballistic ... their Aegis ships are there to intercept them.

J 10B have AESA :)

Whether have it or not, J10B can't engage the out of range battlefield

Yeah they care about all of ballistic, incl. DF21, North Korea ballistic ... their Aegis ships are there to intercept them.

they can dude its not out of range japan mostly armored is defensive

Sir,

You have to consider worst case scenario-----. You know---in a war---the enemy has a vote too.

China's war machine has not reached that pleateau of technology where it can dominate and annihilate the opponent the size of Japan. Chinese may want to differ---and that is their choice---but they are in no position to fight Japan and come out unscathed.

With the constitution, their military is pretty defensive with little offensive capability.

I am not joking here.

Hey hey hey, PLAAF has hundreds of J-11A and J-11B. Outnumber F-15J of Japan Air force.

Why you only stick to J-10??

1. Your data is true. But do you think China could put all of J-11 into a battle in East China sea combats and leave other area unprotected by J-11 ? For example Hainan. Let reply frankly.

Who said J-15 taking off from Liaoning is not realistic? day dreaming? :lol:
If J-15 taking off from Liaoning is not realistic as you said, then how come Liaoning bring 24 J-15 on its deck?

In August 2014, the Chinese-language Shanghai Morning Post listed that the Liaoning would carry 36 aircraft: 24 Shenyang J-15 fighters;

Could you prove otherwise?? :

Could you prove there're more than 10 J-15 anytime on board of Liaoning ? or China has 24 pilots could take off and landing J-15 to Liaoning.

I could prove what I am saying. Could you?

What make J-15 cannot take off from Liaoning?? You need to think: why Liaoning carry J-15 if J-15 cannot take off from Liaoning? this is elementary school children logic :lol:

Why not Izumo?? LOL.

What make you think aircraft helicopter could bring STOVL F-35? if hyuga cannot why the smaller izumo can?

I have given you reading above, so that you can understand why hyuga cannot bring f-35 effectively.

Liaoning carry J-15 because Russian design of Varyag originally is for Su-33. So China has no way out of thinking that Varyag would come with Su-33 whether they already has Su-33 or not. This is how kindergarten class works.

I proved most of points about size of Izumo, and correct your wrong data about Izumo, the quantity F-35 in USS Wasp and Izumo with evidence about take off and landing of F35 on USS Wasp.

I repeat "Hyuga again?" three times to remind you to change to Izumo which is a modified and bigger size than Hyuga.

Y9tgj2Q08WYX7n0k44HrQA.jpg

Img383697541.jpg

izumo-20.jpg

How many F35 does wasp carry? how effective? is it carry few F-35 for demonstration purpose?

I dont say hyuga cannot carry F35 at all. I believe if only 1 or 2 F35 STOVL hyuga can carry, but at least it need modification with the coating on the deck.

Any evidence that Japan want to buy STOVL F35? and modify izumo?

For once, twice or third time take off maybe safe for the deck, but for frequently take off the deck could be damaged. Also the lift in izumo cannot handle F-35.

Do not equate Izumo with wasp, each may have different design. Or maybe wasp has been severely modified in order to fit becoming a/c carrier.

Read above. And why you don't ask a same question "did Liaoning carry few J-15 for demonstration purpose ?"
Do you think coating on Izumo or Hyuga board is the difficulty to Japan, once they could build entire of Izumo by themselves ?

Yes Japan ordered F-35A, so do you confirm they need F-35 ? if a country need F-35 and they are island-nation, they logically need sea F-35 or F-35B.

For your satisfaction, I will remind you that Japan never declare using Izumo or purchased USS Wasp as fixed wing aircraft carriers. So don't expect any official news that Japan buy F-35B until Japan completed purchases of USS Wasp or completed planned quantity of Izumo.

izumo-22.jpg

Izumo are there as modification for what you reminded in the article.
Once smaller Hyuga could handle bigger, heavier MV-22 Osprey, it could handle F-35B.
Izumo definitely can do it better with a side-elevator and a big well elevator.
I'm nearly sure that Izumo design come with suitable board to F-35B.

COULD HYUGA CARRY STOVL F-35B??
But could they? Theoretically, yes. The ships are large enough to accomodate the vertical takeoff version of the F35 (the only version it could feasibly carry) but their design presents problems. The ships are just not set up to support fixed-wing aircraft in the hangar, and would need specialized maintenance equipment, greater aviation fuel storage capacity and the ability to store aircraft munitions — all of which would take up space in the already cramped hangar. .....
The
aircraft elevators present the biggest problem. The elevators are located in the middle of the deck, taking up valuable space. What’s more, only one elevator is large enough to accommodate the F-35. A malfunction or damage to the elevator would put Hyuga’s tiny squadron out of the fight. Finally the F-35 may be too heavy for the elevator to lift: an F-35B with a full load of fuel and carrying a pair of air-to-air missiles weighs nearly three times as much as a SH-60J helicopter.

Flattops or Not: Japan’s Dilemma — War Is Boring — Medium

Last edited:

we have state secrect law, without authorization, no release.
Aegis ships are good target.
we build islands in SCS with airport.

1. Your data is true. But do you think China could put all of J-11 into a battle in East China sea combats and leave other area unprotected by J-11 ? For example Hainan. Let reply frankly.

Could you prove there're more than 10 J-15 anytime on board of Liaoning ? or China has 24 pilots could take off and landing J-15 to Liaoning.

Liaoning carry J-15 because Russian design of Varyag originally is for Su-33. So China has no way out of thinking that Varyag would come with Su-33 whether they already has Su-33 or not. This is how kindergarten class works.

I proved most of points about size of Izumo, and correct your wrong data about Izumo, the quantity F-35 in USS Wasp and Izumo with evidence about take off and landing of F35 on USS Wasp.

I repeat "Hyuga again?" three times to remind you to change to Izumo which is a modified and bigger size than Hyuga.

Img383697541.jpg

izumo-20.jpg

Read above. And why you don't ask a same question "did Liaoning carry few J-15 for demonstration purpose ?"
Do you think coating on Izumo or Hyuga board is the difficulty to Japan, once they could build entire of Izumo by themselves ?

Yes Japan ordered F-35A, so do you confirm they need F-35 ? if a country need F-35 and they are island-nation, they logically need sea F-35 or F-35B.

For your satisfaction, I will remind you that Japan never declare using Izumo or purchased USS Wasp as fixed wing aircraft carriers. So don't expect any official news that Japan buy F-35B until Japan completed purchases of USS Wasp or completed planned quantity of Izumo.

izumo-22.jpg

Izumo are there as modification for what you reminded in the article.
Once smaller Hyuga could handle bigger, heavier MV-22 Osprey, it could handle F-35B.
Izumo definitely can do it better with a side-elevator and a big well elevator.
I'm nearly sure that Izumo design come with suitable board to F-35B.

no need to put all j11, second cannon will take care the enemies' airports first.
don't pretend you have a carrier please. my boxing coach teach me a lot and he can fight very well, the same to Liaoning.

In fact both Chinese and Japanese are smart enough so that we are not gonna really go to a war at least in the foreseeable future.No matter how tense it looks.

Wise comment. Japan should focus on getting Kuril islands & Sakhalin and China should demand outer Manchuria back from Russia. Europe & US will support cutting Russia to size after their brazen land grab in Crimea and Eastern Ukraine.

Wise comment. Japan should focus on getting Kuril islands & Sakhalin and China should demand outer Manchuria back from Russia. Europe & US will support cutting Russia to size after their brazen land grab in Crimea and Eastern Ukraine.

Russia is our ally right now.

And Japan's behavior doesn't deserve our support.

no need to put all j11, ...

My argument is not about need or not BUT unable to put all.

In the same post, you made discrepancy to your own argument.
Because Cannon 2 could reach as max 12,000 km. Why you need Liaoning? and a few more?
Why you need J-15 ? navy ?

Because Cannon 2 could reach as max 12,000 km. Why you need Liaoning? and a few more?

Our second artillery can reach 12000km with our DF-31A/JL-2 and 14000km with our DF-41, also 16000km with our DF-5A/B.

However, the nukes cannot be used that easily.

And the aircraft carrier belongs to our conventional weapons which will be used more often.

do not need to able or not, you are not a good fighter, a war is fighting by a team not a single force.
we need carrier just like US need, we have the same things but different purpose

Wow !! It's so powerful
your mind is too old and that can hurt yourself

Sir,

You have to consider worst case scenario-----. You know---in a war---the enemy has a vote too.

China's war machine has not reached that pleateau of technology where it can dominate and annihilate the opponent the size of Japan. Chinese may want to differ---and that is their choice---but they are in no position to fight Japan and come out unscathed.

In my opinion, both won't come out unscathed

Back
Top Bottom