What's new

Japan's best strategy to defeat China at sea

How many F35 does wasp carry? how effective? is it carry few F-35 for demonstration purpose?
at least 16
I dont say hyuga cannot carry F35 at all. I believe if only 1 or 2 F35 STOVL hyuga can carry, but at least it need modification with the coating on the deck.
hyuga again, it should be Izumo ( 10-12 F-35 ) or better USS Wasp
For once, twice or third time take off maybe safe for the deck, but for frequently take off the deck could be damaged. Also the lift in izumo cannot handle F-35.
how you know lift in Izumo can't handle F-35 ?
Do not equate Izumo with wasp, each may have different design. Or maybe wasp has been severely modified in order to fit becoming a/c carrier.
It's piece of cake to deploy F-35 onto Izumo, because they were designed for F-35.

And here are the Chinese Air Force which all have BVR capable and less that 15 years!
SU-MK2 24
SU-MK2 76
J10A 240
J-11B 120
J-11A 105
27SK 76

Tell us how many of those could engage the air combat in Okinawa ?
India, Russia, Taiwan, USA ... and Vietnam could be merciless ( sorry I used bad words ) act unexpectedly if China has not enough air protectors at their directions.

The 22DDH could possibly use the F-35B carrier-based aircraft, and so might be considered as a light aircraft carrier. First, it is necessary to meet thermal performance of the deck, the condition of the weight of the aircraft carrier take-off and landing is light. Since laying an enhanced deck is possible, the thermal performance of the deck would not be a problem for Japan. The maximum take-off weight of the F-35B will reach 27 tons, but for take-off and landing of large carrier-based aircraft, this is also not an issue. The 22DDH could possibly accomodate 12 or more F-35B carrier-based aircraft. The F-35B fighter has a vertical takeoff and landing capability, so that even though the 22DDH is not equipped with a catapult, there is no problem operating the F-35B with flat deck withouth a ski-jump. The new "22DDH" is larger medium-sized regular aircraft carriers of the former Imperial Navy that attacked Pearl Harbor.

Last edited:
I can't believe what I see! A right wing Western OP ignites a sparkle, a small Viet blows it into a wild-fire!

We should have already moved beyond this "US warmongering and Viet barking for the closest master" setting.

The fact is:

*There is no sign and likelihood of war between China and Japan.

*Japan's efforts is for self-defense, as per the Constitution.

*China's efforts is toward the greatest threat, the US, not Vietnam or Japan.

*China-Japan trade is on the rise. Chinese and Japanese mutual investment is on the rise.

*China-Japan tourist and student exchange is on the rise.

*Japan is pulling the TPP down while negotiating an FTA with Korea and China.

*Japan acknowledges the territorial dispute and agrees to put it in the backburner.

*There is strong and meaningful channels between the two sides that, in the event of a crisis, will provide a vital link of communication, which even further lessens any likelihood of a war.

*Chinese and Japanese leaderships are mature, historical and forward oriented, sharing a similar cultural, linguistic and historical background. No Viet or US person can understand these two peoples' psyche than each other does.

Do not fall for the traps. Better aim for further regional peace and cooperation. When China and Japan cooperates, East Asia remains peaceful despite all odds. Northeast Asia is becoming the center of gravity of the Globe; if the trend is to continue, China-Japan-Korea and Russia should ensure a peaceful environment.

Remember, our enemies want us to fight. Our misery will be their victory. Do not let them enjoy an easy victory upon our blood.

We should be are realistic to improve our defenses, but not stupid to use it against each other.

Please do not fall for the trap my Chinese and Japanese friends. Save your energy for the real threat.

India, Russia, Taiwan, USA ... and Vietnam could be merciless if China has not enough air protectors at their directions.

You Kinh guys are too extremely nationalism. In future, when China and Vietnam's islands disputes solved peacefully and equally, I am sure you will regret what you are saying right now.

Japan vs China

I will take my bet for Japan, Yuto Nagatomo, Yasuhito Endo, Shinji Kagawa and Keisuke Honda is a good player, China can't beat Japan with their current condition and line up

ehhh wait, this is not Soccer betting score? i'll take my leave then

Well, China just need to sell more Malvinas Class to Argentine and get Messi from them. Messi, the ultimate weapon!!!! If it failed... then... well....

Last edited:
India, Russia, Taiwan, USA ... and Vietnam could be merciless if China has not enough air protectors at their directions.
More than half of those could engage the air combat in Okinawa!
Merciless on China? You Farting? All of those capitals are under short ballistic missile range!
Do you understand the size of second artillery corp? China will boom you to dust before your 40 pathetic su-27/30 could take off.

And why the fuking Russia is even on your list?

I understood, but if i am Japanese PM, i will do same thing. Keep the tension to certain level:
1. Change the constitution in order to become normal nation to have a proper army. We know Japanese are proud of their nation (just like Chinese, note that i am not talking about their action during WW2).
2. Able to sell their weapon and defence system around the globe (if their big brother allow). This able to increase their GDP, create jobs and improve relationship with their client state, especially those anti-China (u can see them jumping up and down).
3. Internal politic, good for certain group of people with particular interest.

Of course China do have lots of cards to play too. So nothing to be worry about.

The US wanna Japan to help them to curb against China's rise, but to get dragged into a war by Japan with China is not what they really want.

@Nihonjin1051 - I'm viewing the movie Letters from Iwo Jima right now ! :)

If its a true account (or close to one) you Japanese were very brave ! :o:

But I can't seem to figure out why did so many Japanese soldiers and officers either chose to commit suicide when defeat was near or led a suicidal charge at fortified positions of the Enemy ? :unsure:

Why not live to fight another day as Gen.Kurbayashi kept on insisting ? :argh:

You Kinh guys are too extremely nationalism. In future, when China and Vietnam's islands disputes solved peacefully and equally, I am sure you will regret what you are saying right now.

@Place Of Space : Chinese is too doubtful and what I guess based on the thinking style of Chinese.
They never leave big part of country unprotected.

So it's not easy to put all of your force into a war.

I'm a businessman and trading with Chinese partners, I don't want any war, but peace.

I don't want both China and Japan build a huge army, but I can't stop them to arm race.

Sorry to make you confused that we're aggressive. You know, Vietnam rarely raids Chinese in China territory in the long history. Actually, Vietnam is the stubborn neighbor only if China intend to invade us, and being the most peaceful neighbor of a China respects our sovereignty

Last edited:
More than half of those could engage the air combat in Okinawa!
Merciless on China? You Farting? All of those capitals are under short ballistic missile range!
Do you understand the size of second artillery corp? China will boom you to dust before your 40 pathetic su-27/30 could take off.

And why the fuking Russia is even on your list?

J-10 can't. So there's around 300 aircrafts could reach the target, but China can't use all of them in that direction, Maximum 100.. There're some other parts of China need them as air protectors.

I means that China would not wait for a peaceful act from other neighbors once they attacking another neighbor.
China must make sure, no one else could take advantage of their war statue, so they would leave significant forces in even peaceful borders and other important sites.
I don't mean anything by this, just express the defensive tactics would be like that.
For this, I calculated just like I were in Chinese position.

I must say comparison to US bombardments to Vietnam in the past, Artillery 2 is not something special.
Hitting other capitals are easy. Every time a Chinese dynasty invaded Vietnam, they always tried to damage or occupy our capital, but ... then what's up ?

You do give your trust in Russia, don't you? Will you leave the common border with Russia unprotected by air force once a war happen between China and Japan ? Border with India ?

Last edited:
India, Russia, Taiwan, USA ... and Vietnam could be merciless ( sorry I used bad words ) act unexpectedly if China has not enough air protectors at their directions.

I dont see point to debate with you. You drag claim but unable to prove even unable to respond what I am asking to you.

You should not drag wasp if you dont have any idea about it at all.

Even what you said is truth, but in reality and because of their relationship with US (and weatern world), they do have the technology advantage and ability to include in their system. They are not stupid, just like your country (learnt from other nations direct and indirect, you don't to reinvent the wheel'.

Sorry, like our friend said above, the most advanced a/c that currently Japan has is F15J and F1.

F15J is more comparable to J-11A or even SU27 than J-11B. J-11B already integrate AESA while F15J not.
That means chinese most advanced a/c are more advanced than japanese most advanced a/c that are currently in their arsenal.

But I can't seem to figure out why did so many Japanese soldiers and officers either chose to commit suicide when defeat was near or led a suicidal charge at fortified positions of the Enemy ? :unsure:

In the old doctrine of the day, death was more preferable to surrender.

To die for the Emperor was considered a great honor. And prior to charging, they would yell, "Tenno Heika Banzai!"

(Literally: Long Live the Emperor !)

Much like this :)

1. J-10A has 500km of combat radius ; F15J vs J11B , F2 vs ... F35 delivered this year. When J-20 or J-31 delivered ?

2. Liaoning is scrap, so don't care much about J-15, few Chinese pilots can take off from Liaoning.

3. Izumo would be platform for F35 STOVL not Hyuga
J 10B have AESA :)

Let's talk less, building more AESA DDGs :enjoy:

194123l7073m15kc72u7dn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom