What's new

Japan's best strategy to defeat China at sea

@Nihonjin1051
Sorry Nihonjin, as far as you're right about the advantage that Japan has compared to China, but Japan won't be able to defeat China nowaday. Yes, Atago and Kongo are better in term of technology compared to 052C and maybe 052D. But you're forget that those ships are not invincible. In an all out war against a country like China, sooner or later you'll lose them, and need replacement for both ships. The problem is, how many people and material do you ready to sacrifice for such war? Japan has more strained material and men power compared to China. For Japan lose 100.000 men is more significant than China to lose the exact number of servicemen. Not to mention about your lack of material and maybe fuel for your war machine. And, with the Japanese decline of the number of young people, it will hamper your national power more than China if a big conflict is ever happen.

Don't forget, China is not Iraq, Libya, or Afganisthan. As far as the technology advantage that you have compared to them, but China still has sharp enough teeth to bite. You won't left the battlefield unscathed. When it happen, it is no longer about the invincible warship, but more of the national power that both has and willing to sacrifice. And Japan, without USA won't survive a prolonged big war. Not because you don't have the technology or courageous men for it, but it simply because you have limited man power and resource compared to your adversary.

Well, except if you and your fellow Japanese people are willing to sacrifice your life style by having many children tor restock your country men power.

And remember, in a full scale war, a time where both economy are hampered / destroyed, there are only 3 things that matter most. Man Power, Industry, and resource.China has the three of them, Japan has only one.

Last edited:
izumo-23.jpg

Why USS Wasp with few feet longer could launch F35 but Izumo can't ?
Correct your post that Izumo much longer than Hyuga not vice versa.

How many F35 does wasp carry? how effective? is it carry few F-35 for demonstration purpose?

I dont say hyuga cannot carry F35 at all. I believe if only 1 or 2 F35 STOVL hyuga can carry, but at least it need modification with the coating on the deck.

Do you hear about Liaoning recently ?
If Liaoning could be ok, why they don't give it full fleet of J 15 ?
The pilots could automatically take off from Liaoning without exercises ?

So?

The unavailability of news could mean many thing, could mean that they wanna play low profile too. You cannout use your own bias speculation to prove your claim.

It must be safer on a flat-top.
I doubt about design of Izumo, let check the schedule of Izumo and F-35B. Same week.
F-35B doesn't suddenly appear, but as planned and Izumo too. It's not coincidence.

Any evidence that Japan want to buy STOVL F35? and modify izumo?

Why dont you read the article I gave to you?

For once, twice or third time take off maybe safe for the deck, but for frequently take off the deck could be damaged. Also the lift in izumo cannot handle F-35.

Do not equate Izumo with wasp, each may have different design. Or maybe wasp has been severely modified in order to fit becoming a/c carrier.

Japanese military can't do jack to the PLA anymore. Japan is being outspent, out built and outclassed by China.

Japan will get annihilated if they get into a war with China.

I don't know why you guys (two most powerful nations in east asia) keep showing or arguing about this issue.

We all know both country wouldn't go to war anytime soon. It is all political game. China is getting stronger and better everyday. Japan will have to be technological advance compare to her neighbour to stay in the front in some area.

I hope everyone can see in bigger picture. Those dxck measuring contest is for smaller and weaker nations.

@Nihonjin1051
Sorry Nihonjin, as far as you're right about the advantage that Japan has compared to China, but Japan won't be able to defeat China nowaday. Yes, Atago and Kongo are better in term of technology compared to 052C and maybe 052D. But you're forget that those ships are not invincible. In an all out war against a country like China, sooner or later you'll lose them, and need replacement for both ships. The problem is, how many people and material do you ready to sacrifice for such war? Japan has more strained material and men power compared to China. For Japan lose 100.000 men is more significant than China to lose the exact number of servicemen. Not to mention about your lack of material and maybe fuel for your war machine. And, with the Japanese decline of the number of young people, it will hamper your national power more than China if a big conflict is ever happen.

Don't forget, China is not Iraq, Libya, or Afganisthan. As far as the technology advantage that you have compared to them, but China still has sharp enough teeth to bite. You won't left the battlefield unscathed. When it happen, it is no longer about the invincible warship, but more of the national power that both has and willing to sacrifice. And Japan, without USA won't survive a prolonged big war. Not because you don't have the technology or courageous men for it, but it simply because you have limited man power and resource compared to your adversary.

Well, except if you and your fellow Japanese people are willing to sacrifice your life style by having many children tor restock your country men power.

And remember, in a full scale war, a time where both economy are hampered / destroyed, there are only 3 things that matter most. Man Power, Industry, and resource.China has the three of them, Japan has only one.

The Type 052D is more advanced than the Atago class.

It is smaller, but it is still more advanced just like the J-10B is more advanced than the early Su-27 despite being smaller.

I don't know why you guys (two most powerful nations in east asia) keep showing or arguing about this issue.

We all know both country wouldn't go to war anytime soon. It is all political game. China is getting stronger and better everyday. Japan will have to be technological advance compare to her neighbour to stay in the front in some area.

I hope everyone can see in bigger picture. Those dxck measuring contest is for smaller and weaker nations.

Sorry, Japan's military technologies mostly belong to the US, so you can't really compare it with China's indigenous ones.

You have to compare what is truly indigenously made by Japan itself.

Last edited:
I'm in love with the F-35 Bs, tho buddy !

I can't wait till JMSDF gets these..hehehe!

Well, I can see why you're in love with the F-35. I'm sure you can still appreciate the F-22 for all its glory though (technologically speaking) as it's superior to the F-35. I would have 0 issues if Japan got its own squadron (another thread for another day haha)

Well, I can see why you're in love with the F-35. I'm sure you can still appreciate the F-22 for all its glory though (technologically speaking) as it's superior to the F-35. I would have 0 issues if Japan got its own squadron (another thread for another day haha)

Oh those F-22s are definitely....definitely....nice. ;) ;)

This is a pretty retard article, every nation will use it strenght to defeat the weakness of their enemies, ask Americans if they're willing to have hand to hand combat against ISIS when they have technology superiority? same go for China, to deal with Japan, we will use our strenght against the weakness of Japan, why to let Japan defeat us at sea when we can defeat Japan at the heart of it nation: Japan is sitting on the ring of fire vunerable to earth quake, Tsunami and vocano, if China 2nd artillery just throw some convention bombs into Fuji mountains or at the critical section of the tectonic plate, Japan will be over...why sink few japanese ships when we can sink entire Japan?.

Japan vs China

I will take my bet for Japan, Yuto Nagatomo, Yasuhito Endo, Shinji Kagawa and Keisuke Honda is a good player, China can't beat Japan with their current condition and line up

ehhh wait, this is not Soccer betting score? i'll take my leave then

This is a pretty retard article, every nation will use it strenght to defeat the weakness of their enemies, ask Americans if they're willing to have hand to hand combat against ISIS when they have technology superiority? same go for China, to deal with Japan, we will use our strenght against the weakness of Japan, why to let Japan defeat us at sea when we can defeat Japan at the heart of it nation: Japan is sitting on the ring of fire vunerable to earth quake, Tsunami and vocano, if China 2nd artillery just throw some convention bombs into Fuji mountains or at the critical section of the tectonic plate, Japan will be over...why sink few japanese ships when we can sink entire Japan?.

When you sink the entire navy of a P5 nation, this has the potential to trigger a nuclear response.

That's why we also advise Argentina to not fight UK even they have the conventional capability to sink all British warships close to the vicinity of their turf.

Last edited:
Sorry, Japan's military technologies mostly belong to the US, so you can't really compare it with China's indigenous ones.

You have to compare what is truly indigenously made by Japan itself.

Even what you said is truth, but in reality and because of their relationship with US (and weatern world), they do have the technology advantage and ability to include in their system. They are not stupid, just like your country (learnt from other nations direct and indirect, you don't to reinvent the wheel'.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom