What's new

It was an utter chaos: An Indian blogger reflects on Operation Swift Retort

Hi,

The bottom line here is that the PAF FAILED in the end---. It had the IAF being served on a platter---totally in disarray---and just like the pakistani cricket team---the PAF also crumbled in a critical moment---.

The men amongst men---had cold feet and shaky knees---no one had the courage to take charge and smash the enemy image to a pulp and plaster it all over the kashmit skies---.

The tragic part is that it gave away all its operational secrets for no gain at all---but a few bragging rights of shooting down an obsolete indian aircraft---.

Agreed!

Very valid points. there are few vulnerabilities in Indian defense and it was well workout by PAF.

Now, everyone knows that IAF does have vulnerabilities and they are trying to fill the loopholes at the earliest i.e Awacs, Secure communication system in old fighters, AA missile ranges etc.

It could be a disaster for IAF during the actual air war but now, they have time to fill the loopholes.

Hi,

The bottom line here is that the PAF FAILED in the end---. It had the IAF being served on a platter---totally in disarray---and just like the pakistani cricket team---the PAF also crumbled in a critical moment---.

The men amongst men---had cold feet and shaky knees---no one had the courage to take charge and smash the enemy image to a pulp and plaster it all over the kashmit skies---.

The tragic part is that it gave away all its operational secrets for no gain at all---but a few bragging rights of shooting down an obsolete indian aircraft---.

IMHO, i think its the pakistani intel apparatus that FAILED, who were not able to find out what was happening behind the scene in delhi, and it should be no surprize, historically pakistan has been tactically brilliant on the battlefield, PAF was no different on that fateful day. It has always been strategic view where pakistan has and is consistently failing.

PAF did not failed, they gave you the targets, it was the decision makers right from the top PM down to the military officers who had the responsibility to understand what india was upto and that kashmir was on the brinks.

The tragic part, they still think that downing two aircraft is a big victory, Tactically yes it is, but strategically they lost the golden opportunity for kashmir.

Last but not least, PAF was always ahead of IAF in terms of discipline, training and mindset, yes IAF has learned a lot from the last debacle, it will come out stronger and better the next time, but still i think PAF would put a better fight.

really ?

"war till victory" that was the bold headline on first page of Dawn on 16th December 1971, while someone was signing the surrender agreements

Good suggestion. Let me suggest that to Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval

Thanks

Your post is irrelevant to what I have posted and you know it. Come with something better honey.

Your post is irrelevant to what I have posted and you know it. Come with something better honey.
integrity of Indian Armed Forces are very much intact and respected. they are part of the administration of the country and not the administration, as seen in he neighborhood..

And why would you call me "honey" ? o_O
seems like you are having some personal crisis.. my best wishes to overcome it soon ..

integrity of Indian Armed Forces are very much intact and respected. they are part of the administration of the country and not the administration, as seen in he neighborhood..

And why would you call me "honey" ? o_O
seems like you are having some personal crisis.. my best wishes to overcome it soon ..

Integrity of your armed forces has been dragged on the roads of Kashmir and Ladakh. Your Military was given a handful on 27th feb from a neighbour 7 times smaller as well and on the other border, the PLA still holds your territory while your military sat on its arse. Yeah talk about integrity.

*Mods feel free to move the thread to the appropriate place.*

Source: Defense Update India

Which PAF aircraft is the biggest threat for the Indian Air Force?

Our SU-30 pilots couldn’t talk with the ATC, Abhinandan, in his MiG-21 couldn’t hear a thing. The AEW&C aircraft tried to contact him to tell him disengage and return to his base, he couldn’t hear anything. The jammers, were just too powerful, they could have jammed our ground based radars too, and there would be no burn-through, their jammers are too powerful, they’d have to come very close to our radars so that the jamming becomes ineffective, the MiGs and Sukhoi’s were flying without any ability to communicate with each other, they had to rely on their jamming resistant radars so that they could get an idea of what was happening. It was utter chaos, this gave the Pakistani Air Force a lot of time to bomb the targets and get away.

The Indian Air Force does not have any dedicated jamming aircraft, India relies on its fighters for jamming. Our aircraft, when going for a sortie have to carry missiles, bombs and fuel, this means that their payload after putting all of the things is limited, that means, India can not put very heavy and powerful jammers on the aircraft, giving them a short range and limited capabilities. The Pakistanis, on the other hand, use civilian business jets which do not need to carry missiles or bombs or anything else, they only have to carry fuel and their EW equipment, this means that they can carry very powerful jammers giving them a very long range and a lot of capabilities. Pakistan is about 5 or so years ahead of India in Electronic Warfare and what I call ‘asymmetric methods’.

But one thing is seriously concerning, PAF was aware about problems in IAF.
We all know how communication plays an important role in defence. They had information that IAF doesn’t use secure comms. And hence, they managed to strike this critical element. And successfully excecuted their plan of Hit And Run.
@Raj-Hindustani hindany! ye dekh tery apne log kya keh rahy hain, read and learn! tum log abi bacy ho hamary aagy!

IMHO, i think its the pakistani intel apparatus that FAILED, who were not able to find out what was happening behind the scene in delhi, and it should be no surprize, historically pakistan has been tactically brilliant on the battlefield, PAF was no different on that fateful day. It has always been strategic view where pakistan has and is consistently failing.

PAF did not failed, they gave you the targets, it was the decision makers right from the top PM down to the military officers who had the responsibility to understand what india was upto and that kashmir was on the brinks.

The tragic part, they still think that downing two aircraft is a big victory, Tactically yes it is, but strategically they lost the golden opportunity for kashmir.

Last but not least, PAF was always ahead of IAF in terms of discipline, training and mindset, yes IAF has learned a lot from the last debacle, it will come out stronger and better the next time, but still i think PAF would put a better fight.

Hi,

It does not work that way---. All parameters of combat are taken into consideration before the flight---and all decisions to what is to come are decided pre flight---ie---allscenarios have been taken into account and the pilots given the full authority---.

This was the MM Alam's air force---.

What this act shows is that the pilots were NOT PREPARED FOR COMBAT ahead of time ie---the what if scenario---neither the general in-charge in the air nor the ground commanders were ready for what had happened---.

The air combat is all about the " what if factor "---not only air combat---but everything in our daily lives is determined by that---we all get some kind of traing of what if this happens what we are going to do---.

If the PAF did not explain to their pilots on that mission about the " what if " ahead of time---there are then some serious problems with that agency's supervisors.

Integrity of your armed forces has been dragged on the roads of Kashmir and Ladakh. Your Military was given a handful on 27th feb from a neighbour 7 times smaller as well and on the other border, the PLA still holds your territory while your military sat on its arse. Yeah talk about integrity.
You are reading too much out of a 6 minutes air clash on 27th. Can PAF repeat the same performance again and again over a long time period against IAF in a full blown conflict? The answer may be known to the PAF guys..

By the way, i would suggest you to follow Indian missile test, specially A2a and g2a missiles.. lots of interesting stuff are coming to the market

Hi,

It does not work that way---. All parameters of combat are taken into consideration before the flight---and all decisions to what is to come are decided pre flight---ie---allscenarios have been taken into account and the pilots given the full authority---.

This was the MM Alam's air force---.

What this act shows is that the pilots were NOT PREPARED FOR COMBAT ahead of time ie---the what if scenario---neither the general in-charge in the air nor the ground commanders were ready for what had happened---.

The air combat is all about the " what if factor "---not only air combat---but everything in our daily lives is determined by that---we all get some kind of traing of what if this happens what we are going to do---.

If the PAF did not explain to their pilots on that mission about the " what if " ahead of time---there are then some serious problems with that agency's supervisors.
Talk to some of the pilots and controllers that were involved on thay day. You'd be surprised to hear that they had simulated this multiple times via an institute that initiates threat tactics. Some of the toughest retired instructors comprising of pilots and controllers were impressed by the way the operation was conducted. My advice to you sir is to simply establish contact and see what they have to say.

Cheers!!!

F 16 or Su 30 MKI shootdown claims are all big farts without any evidence by either of the airforces .. what PAF had to its credit is MIG 21 downing .. feel happy about it
When you score a goal on a penalty kick or through a solo effort both counts as score. so 2 - 0 to PAF.
You are reading too much out of a 6 minutes air clash on 27th. Can PAF repeat the same performance again and again over a long time period against IAF in a full blown conflict? The answer may be known to the PAF guys..

By the way, i would suggest you to follow Indian missile test, specially A2a and g2a missiles.. lots of interesting stuff are coming to the market
Please give us an oppertunity to do that and we will respond in kind. Maybe chanakiya was your leader in the past but PAF is a daddy of chanakiya...please please please tell your might IAF to give us another chance.

If u beleive the post written by anonymous ppl on quora...

u shud believe the whole damn sh#t haha...

this blogger has no idea abt special mission aircrafts on IAF disposal...
then why were those not used by IAF during PAF's OSR? don't make a joke outa yourself here

Talk to some of the pilots and controllers that were involved on thay day. You'd be surprised to hear that they had simulated this multiple times via an institute that initiates threat tactics. Some of the toughest retired instructors comprising of pilots and controllers were impressed by the way the operation was conducted. My advice to you sir is to simply establish contact and see what they have to say.

Cheers!!!

Hi,

That is self agrandizement---the israelis would have smashed the enemy to a pulp.

Meteor and Rafaels were consequence.
There's already a thread on it...
Abhinandan never said that.

What matters is Abhinadan is in custody of India.

Hi,

That is self agrandizement---the israelis would have smashed the enemy to a pulp.

Soldiers have one duty... that's to fight war not to disengage and give justifications.
You and me knows, what justification were sold to us on pdf, later Ayaz Sadiq spilled the beans.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom