What's new

It was an utter chaos: An Indian blogger reflects on Operation Swift Retort

Talk to some of the pilots and controllers that were involved on thay day. You'd be surprised to hear that they had simulated this multiple times via an institute that initiates threat tactics. Some of the toughest retired instructors comprising of pilots and controllers were impressed by the way the operation was conducted. My advice to you sir is to simply establish contact and see what they have to say.

Cheers!!!

Hi,

I thought I was talking a Hawk---but you are a dove---.

You still don't have your own analytical base and knowledge---you have to depend on them to tell you how it went---.

That was a mistake. Indian armed forces investigated the incident, identified the cause, people were held accountable and findings were made public... unlike other neighbors who would have swept it under the carpet..

Where's that black box?

Hi,

I thought I was talking a Hawk---but you are a dove---.

You still don't have your own analytical base and knowledge---you have to depend on them to tell you how it went---.
On the contrary. Worked in 2 fighter squadrons so I may have an idea. I'd rather also listen to see what they did and are capable of.

You're quite the parakeet yourself.

Cheers!!!
Hi,

That is self agrandizement---the israelis would have smashed the enemy to a pulp.
That's true regarding the Israelis....

a seemingly strong (fake democracy) building is trembling when just one brick is remove from the base (feb 27), the effect of that humiliation panicked the 10 grade leadership to keep making more and more mistake and hence we see a chaotic country whose COVID-19 budget is bigger than Pakistan's entire budget (this line always makes me laugh)

When you score a goal on a penalty kick or through a solo effort both counts as score. so 2 - 0 to PAF.

Please give us an oppertunity to do that and we will respond in kind. Maybe chanakiya was your leader in the past but PAF is a daddy of chanakiya...please please please tell your might IAF to give us another chance.
PAF had opportunities in the past and will have opportunities in near future.. the onus is on the PAF to prove that 27th was not just a fluke
Where's that black box?
Kept in my living room as a décor item..

The biggest victor in this skirmish is Mr Modi, he won the elections due to this event.
I will not be surprised if Pakistan is used again for political gains by BJP in the next elections.

Hi,

It does not work that way---. All parameters of combat are taken into consideration before the flight---and all decisions to what is to come are decided pre flight---ie---allscenarios have been taken into account and the pilots given the full authority---.

This was the MM Alam's air force---.

What this act shows is that the pilots were NOT PREPARED FOR COMBAT ahead of time ie---the what if scenario---neither the general in-charge in the air nor the ground commanders were ready for what had happened---.

The air combat is all about the " what if factor "---not only air combat---but everything in our daily lives is determined by that---we all get some kind of traing of what if this happens what we are going to do---.

If the PAF did not explain to their pilots on that mission about the " what if " ahead of time---there are then some serious problems with that agency's supervisors.

I think you did went through my post, i request you to please do that.

To reiterate, PAF was prepared to go all ahead flank. It was the leadership in Isb (both civil and mil) that held them back.

Now there can be two scenarios we can assume, first could be as per your opinion, officers in the air disobey orders and went on their own, which clearly is mutiny, they would have downed 9 jets but thats about it, once back they would have been court martialed, and their service would have gone down the drain.
But it was the second situation, where PAF showed its discipline and professionalism, where one had no losses and other side there was complete chaos.

It was the top leadership that FAILED, if you want answers start by questioning PM and COAS, not the pilots or even operational staff who were ordered to give limited response.

Had PAF downed 9 jets than India would have had no option but to go to war and we at that stage could not afford war from an economic stand point.
So wt ahq along with the govt did was the right call.

*Mods feel free to move the thread to the appropriate place.*

Source: Defense Update India

Which PAF aircraft is the biggest threat for the Indian Air Force?

Our SU-30 pilots couldn’t talk with the ATC, Abhinandan, in his MiG-21 couldn’t hear a thing. The AEW&C aircraft tried to contact him to tell him disengage and return to his base, he couldn’t hear anything. The jammers, were just too powerful, they could have jammed our ground based radars too, and there would be no burn-through, their jammers are too powerful, they’d have to come very close to our radars so that the jamming becomes ineffective, the MiGs and Sukhoi’s were flying without any ability to communicate with each other, they had to rely on their jamming resistant radars so that they could get an idea of what was happening. It was utter chaos, this gave the Pakistani Air Force a lot of time to bomb the targets and get away.

The Indian Air Force does not have any dedicated jamming aircraft, India relies on its fighters for jamming. Our aircraft, when going for a sortie have to carry missiles, bombs and fuel, this means that their payload after putting all of the things is limited, that means, India can not put very heavy and powerful jammers on the aircraft, giving them a short range and limited capabilities. The Pakistanis, on the other hand, use civilian business jets which do not need to carry missiles or bombs or anything else, they only have to carry fuel and their EW equipment, this means that they can carry very powerful jammers giving them a very long range and a lot of capabilities. Pakistan is about 5 or so years ahead of India in Electronic Warfare and what I call ‘asymmetric methods’.

But one thing is seriously concerning, PAF was aware about problems in IAF.
We all know how communication plays an important role in defence. They had information that IAF doesn’t use secure comms. And hence, they managed to strike this critical element. And successfully excecuted their plan of Hit And Run.
he forget to mention why indian ground air defence units failed.

Pakistan needs to wipe out all those airborne Indian systems which are capable of massive jamming, way before war starts. It's a must.

I think you did went through my post, i request you to please do that.

To reiterate, PAF was prepared to go all ahead flank. It was the leadership in Isb (both civil and mil) that held them back.

Now there can be two scenarios we can assume, first could be as per your opinion, officers in the air disobey orders and went on their own, which clearly is mutiny, they would have downed 9 jets but thats about it, once back they would have been court martialed, and their service would have gone down the drain.
But it was the second situation, where PAF showed its discipline and professionalism, where one had no losses and other side there was complete chaos.

It was the top leadership that FAILED, if you want answers start by questioning PM and COAS, not the pilots or even operational staff who were ordered to give limited response.

Hi,

I never stated it as a pilot failure---. My comments have been directed at the command level.

Israel had Gen Ariel Sharon pakistan had AVM Haseeb Piracha in the arena---. Results are obvious.

If there was a fear of all out war---then it means that teh PAF was no ready for a fight---even though the nation had given it enough funds to procure the much needed aircraft in a timely manner---and yet it failed---.

The air force got new uniforms---there was no need for it---the air force generals got all their benefits---for themselves and their families---yet pakistan did not get the much needed aircraft---.

The "lowly yehuidis" the jews as they are known---even with the most capable scientists of the world amongst them---did not decide to build their own machines---but rather chose to buy weapons from a trusted source---. Till they reached a plateau of suffiency in self defence and attack---and then they build up on their own---.

See over here over $5 billion were donated to charity---even when the disputes with the enemy were not resolved---.

Hi,

I never stated it as a pilot failure---. My comments have been directed at the command level.

Israel had Gen Ariel Sharon pakistan had AVM Haseeb Piracha in the arena---. Results are obvious.

If there was a fear of all out war---then it means that teh PAF was no ready for a fight---even though the nation had given it enough funds to procure the much needed aircraft in a timely manner---and yet it failed---.

The air force got new uniforms---there was no need for it---the air force generals got all their benefits---for themselves and their families---yet pakistan did not get the much needed aircraft---.

The "lowly yehuidis" the jews as they are known---even with the most capable scientists of the world amongst them---did not decide to build their own machines---but rather chose to buy weapons from a trusted source---. Till they reached a plateau of suffiency in self defence and attack---and then they build up on their own---.

See over here over $5 billion were donated to charity---even when the disputes with the enemy were not resolved---.

Sir is this real criticism of PAF or a lie to deceive the enemy?

Hi,

They were subjected to embargos a number of times from the French and US. That pushed them to getting self sufficient in a number of ways.
Hi,

Are you that innocent---/
He asked a question. Educate him.

Back
Top Bottom