What's new

Israel’s Air Force Capabilities to Increase 400%

Good. Progress is part of life. Those who cease to make progress are aren't really living.
Now most probably, other regional players will also demonstrate appropriate increase in capabilities to maintain some sort of regional balance.

By the way, i wonder how iaf compares with iaf. I mean indian af is quite strong too. Being second to usaf is quite a claim.

Good. Progress is part of life. Those who cease to make progress are aren't really living.
Now most probably, other regional players will also demonstrate appropriate increase in capabilities to maintain some sort of regional balance.

By the way, i wonder how iaf compares with iaf. I mean indian af is quite strong too. Being second to usaf is quite a claim.
Depends on how one defines "first or second". Size? Quality? The USAF is huge and trained to a very high quality. It has a different culture than the Israeli Air Force though. In that sense, we are more like the Indian Air Force in that we are more traditional spit and polish military. The Israelis just don't go in for that. In terms of quality, the Israeli Air force is equal or better than the USAF. They are more stringent in fighter pilot selection for example. They don't put up with any bureaucratic B.S. and they train constantly and realistically. I remember when they came to participate in an exercise in the USA and "fought" against the USAF and they were extremely impressive....just not very military looking. (Some wore New York Yankees T-shirts instead of their uniform tees and had long hair, etc. :lol:). The Indian Air Force is highly trained and a force to be proud of, for sure. They have also visited the USA for joint war exercises and were impressive. The Indian Air Force is huge as well but not as uniformly equipped, with many older aircraft but well trained and very, very good.

rf05.jpg

The IAF visits America.

Depends on how one defines "first or second". Size? Quality? The USAF is huge and trained to a very high quality. It has a different culture than the Israeli Air Force though. In that sense, we are more like the Indian Air Force in that we are more traditional spit and polish military. The Israelis just don't go in for that. In terms of quality, the Israeli Air force is equal or better than the USAF. They are more stringent in fighter pilot selection for example. They don't put up with any bureaucratic B.S. and they train constantly and realistically. I remember when they came to participate in an exercise in the USA and "fought" against the USAF and they were extremely impressive....just not very military looking. (Some wore New York Yankees T-shirts instead of their uniform tees and had long hair, etc. :lol:). The Indian Air Force is highly trained and a force to be proud of, for sure. They have also visited the USA for joint war exercises and were impressive. The Indian Air Force is huge as well but not as uniformly equipped, with many older aircraft but well trained and very, very good.

rf05.jpg

The IAF visits America.

I doubt that Israeli Air Force has qualitative edge over USAF, not even on par.

They probably were not a regular serviceman but a reservists :)

@Desertfalcon
The Israeli AF is without a doubt known throughout the world for their quality of pilots, and training. And they may be perhaps equal or better than the usaf in quality as you mentioned, but another aspect of a great military is evolution.

The usaf, with its continuous self-assessment, improvement, designing new fighters planes, and other auxiliary assets with their changing requirements, and accordingly also designing new training programs for new aircrafts is unmatched by any other airforce. This is where the usaf has its distinction. Its a near perfect military machine, where its the system that ensures victory. The iaf is small, efficient, and relies on efficiency and speed to deliver a fatal punch, while the usaf is a comprehensive system, and its the momentum that ensures victory. I think the iaf and usaf can't be compared cause they are mutually perpendicular, and built for different purposes.

I doubt that Israeli Air Force has qualitative edge over USAF, not even on par.

They probably were not a regular serviceman but a reservists :)
Could be. It didn't bother me but some USAF officers that were around them were a bit taken back by how they never saluted, called each other by nick-names, regardless of rank, officers and enlisted men ate together, etc. All I remember is that when they were "wheels up" and into the fight, they were damn good!

I think the iaf and usaf can't be compared cause they are mutually perpendicular, and built for different purposes.
There is much truth in that although I would also point out that one motivating differences between them is that everyone in the IDF knows that they cannot afford to lose a war. They only have two choices; victory or the extinction of the State of Israel. We Americans have the luxury of packing up and coming home, even if we fail in some or most of our objectives.

Could be. It didn't bother me but some USAF officers that were around them were a bit taken back by how they never saluted, called each other by nick-names, regardless of rank, officers and enlisted men ate together, etc. All I remember is that when they were "wheels up" and into the fight, they were damn good!

Yep, this is IDF, no distance whatsoever, it does bother me, but again what you describe as a long hair and so on they are reservists and their behavior is even more loose :) pilots in reserve flying once a week, other days they are civilian doing whatever, doctors engineers lawyers scientist entrepreneurs civil pilots etc...

Well, how exactly IDAF's capabilities increased by 400%? No new platform inducted....

What has improved exactly?

@500

rf05.jpg

The IAF visits America.

Thanks for sharing.

Do you have any insight on PAF and their participation in Red and Green flag exercises?

How do you rate Pakistan Air Force?

An honest share would be wonderful!

Last edited:
It's incredible.

Israel has a similar population and GDP compared to my city of Hong Kong, yet Israel has such a formidable defense sector, one of the strongest in the world. Whereas our defense sector in HK is non-existent (our defense is taken care of by the Mainland government).

Really inspirational. :tup:

pilots in reserve flying once a week, other days they are civilian doing whatever, doctors engineers lawyers scientist entrepreneurs civil pilots etc...

How they manage? I thought Israel military service is only 2 years?

How they manage? I thought Israel military service is only 2 years?

Mandatory service for males is 3 years for female it is less but not by much. if service is extended more that 3 years it is by contract and it becomes professional service. After retirement males required of approximately one month a year to attend reserve service till a certain age(depends on their rank and role).

Israel's oldest combat pilot calls it a day | The Times of Israel

Last edited:

rf05.jpg

The IAF visits America.
:lol: Dont make me laugh with your self bragging. Please come back to the reality. I can bet Indian AF is as clueless as their counterpart of Indian Navy which has blow up itself. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom