What's new

Israeli super radars set to give LCA fighter jet enhanced combat capability

I have no idea what you are talking about. Are you referring to MCA?

There were originally supposed to be two tenders, one for Gripen and the other for Rafale. The tender for Gripen was canceled. The new tender is for twin engine jets now.

Since the IAF has now delayed the FGFA decision by a few years, they decided to give HAL a deal for 201 MCAs, an aircraft that will replace the Gripen.

If you want better sources, then here's one, the HAL Chief himself.
http://indianexpress.com/article/in...etter-than-pakistans-says-drdo-chief-5083268/
Speaking of Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas, Christopher said HAL had already got an order to manufacture 123 LCAs. “In addition to that, the air force has given in writing another 201 aircraft, which is the next version, that we call as Mark-II. We are working on it and by 2022 it will be flying,” he said.

The new tender does not specify the number of engines.
It also does not specify who will manufacture the MCA.

Live on in your GaAs powered dreamworld, time for a new ignore.

lol

why don't you have a look into who ALL have been working on the air frame design,

From the french, to the russians, to almost everyone now.

And what makes you think anybody gave anything to India?

We approached a lot of countries, none of them gave anything, that's why we took a decade just to get the airframe and flight controls right.

This is so frigging funny. We were failing for all those years and you mocked us for our efforts. The minute we became successful, our efforts are now the fruits of other country's labours.

Aircraft design, composites, FBW etc, it's all 100% India.

The new tender does not specify the number of engines.

It won't matter.

The IAF will ask for engine failure tests in flight. Where you will have to shut down one of your engines to prove the aircraft can continue flying.

It also does not specify who will manufacture the MCA.

HAL is the manufacturer. If the HAL Chief is talking about manufacturing 201 MCAs, then you have your answer.

Live on in your GaAs powered dreamworld, time for a new ignore.

What makes you think the new radar is GaAs?

lol

why don't you have a look into who ALL have been working on the air frame design,

From the french, to the russians, to almost everyone now.

Airframe designed and made in India.

upload_2018-5-12_10-52-40.png

Composites%2Bfor%2BTejas%2BMk1%2BMRCA's%2Bairframe.jpg

CFD codes were used for design and analysis codes transonic small perturbation codes, and full
potential codes

unstructured grid codes
upload_2018-5-12_10-56-15.png

Structured grid codes for Tejas
upload_2018-5-12_10-56-56.png

I dont care whether Israel is on par with anyone, but please do not place us in the indian category, this really make us sick,you indians are in a special category .thanks .
Hi @chengdusudise
It is a very elaborate question and I would like you to take a hollistic view of the situation. There is no doubt that China is very much ahead of India in quantity and bulk of research. However in certain areas, the gap between India and China is not as huge as you believe it to be. In sheer patent filing, China is way ahead of India. Kindly bear in mind, that I have huge respect for your country--If you really are a chinese!

We had already prototyped GaN back in 2011.
Hi @randomradio
This time, I did talk to the AMPL guys who supply the T/R modules to the LRDE. When Dr Christopher himself has clarified that India is still perfecting the GaN design, what makes you think LRDE's Arudhra 'has' GaN TRMM? Maybe in 3-4 years time, but certainly not now.

he claimed earlier that US will provide India with the capability to manufacture F35s
Hi @Cookie Monster
It is sheer delusion if anyone believes that US will hand over the tech of F-35 on platter. Anyways, my point is India has perfected the GaAs based AESA radars--both hardware and associated software and now working on GaN based T/R modules. GaAs based AESAs are already being inducted into the forces and it wont be far when GaN enters the services in next couple of years. It is just that, that particular radar that @randomradio posted is based on GaAs for now.

ab-initio design - No . They followed soviet union even though they didn't have good relations back then.
yes they had this capabilty:agree: after soviet/sino split in back 60, soviet block all military assistant to China and China develop military industries by itself thats why they had copied Mig-15 to Mig-21 (J-5 to J-7) and :agree:various version of it like A-5 which was based on Mig-19 (J-6) and J-8 modified and double engine of version (J-7) after Vietnam war US/Soviet introduce their 4 gen SU-27/Mig-29/F-16/F-15 consider threat so they develop J-9 (later program cancel)
but they had the capability to R&D @Indian wonk
and Japan had also this remember Mitsubishi F-1 design and build in 70s first flight 75 induction 78
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_F-1 @Indian wonk :p:

yes they had this capabilty:agree: after soviet/sino split in back 60, soviet block all military assistant to China and China develop military industries by itself thats why they had copied Mig-15 to Mig-21 (J-5 to J-7) and :agree:various version of it like A-5 which was based on Mig-19 (J-6) and J-8 modified and double engine of version (J-7) after Vietnam war US/Soviet introduce their 4 gen SU-27/Mig-29/F-16/F-15 consider threat so they develop J-9 (later program cancel)
but they had the capability to R&D @Indian wonk
and Japan had also this remember Mitsubishi F-1 design and build in 70s first flight 75 induction 78
@Indian wonk :p:

do you understand concept of ab-initio design from fluid dynamics phase to RCS measurement phase to prototyping phase ??

Hi @Cookie Monster
It is sheer delusion if anyone believes that US will hand over the tech of F-35 on platter. Anyways, my point is India has perfected the GaAs based AESA radars--both hardware and associated software and now working on GaN based T/R modules. GaAs based AESAs are already being inducted into the forces and it wont be far when GaN enters the services in next couple of years. It is just that, that particular radar that @randomradio posted is based on GaAs for now.

RandomRadio unfortunately makes random comments confusing his wishes with reality.
Won’t be reading any of his posts from now. Simply a waste of time.

do you understand concept of ab-initio design from fluid dynamics phase to RCS measurement phase to prototyping phase ??
yeah but aside to fluid dynamics, RCS reduction tech is quite new to world (excluding Soviet, USA) they taking shape in early to mid 80s and on words in the form of (EF-2000 program, RAFALE program, Gripen program) before that RCS reduction is least concern for rest of the world fighter jet building nation @Indian wonk

Last edited by a moderator:
Can Tejas actually fly? Thats the question before we ask about which radar will equip the jet :)

Hi @Cookie Monster

Not only that he claims the indian Rafaels are more stealthy and better than F 22

He claims India will be buying more rafaels than the french like 400 to be exact

He also claims India will buy 3000 F35

Hi @randomradio
This time, I did talk to the AMPL guys who supply the T/R modules to the LRDE. When Dr Christopher himself has clarified that India is still perfecting the GaN design, what makes you think LRDE's Arudhra 'has' GaN TRMM? Maybe in 3-4 years time, but certainly not now.

You seem to be confused. There are two Arudhra radars. One is GaAs and the other is GaN.

AMPL won a tender from an "overseas company" to manufacture "radar subsystems" back in 2012. So what you are talking about is the MRSAM project with the Israelis. As part of offsets.

The DRDO Chief said they are improving the current GaN radar, by pushing the peak power to 100W from 40W, but the 40W version is already in production.

AMPL delivered the T/R modules for DRDO Arudhra during its development. But AFAIK, Astra wasn't chosen to make the GaN modules. I believe it is either BEL or another govt manufacturer, most likely BEL, that was tasked to make it because they wanted to protect technologies involved.

Israeli Arudhra for MRSAM - EL/M 2084. Total 18 ordered.
x610.jpg

You can even see Arudhra mentioned in the plaque.

DRDO Arudhra. 8 ordered.
38MO1oI.jpg

The DRDO Arudhra started development a decade ago, so it obviously started off with GaAs, I believe imported from Israel. DRDO wanted to standardize on imported GaAs, but the IAF insisted they want a more advanced radar. That's why DRDO moved to digital AESA with GaN. All the production versions are GaN.

http://pib.nic.in/newsite/PrintRelease.aspx?relid=159925&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
The Minister also released two other products developed by DRDO namelyIP-based Secure Phone and the Gallium Nitride Technology.

DRDO Arudhra was accepted for production only last year. In fact, only a few months ago, December. And this is after DRDO released GaN for production in March 2017.

You need to do a lot of research before you actually comment on this stuff with authority.

RandomRadio unfortunately makes random comments confusing his wishes with reality.
Won’t be reading any of his posts from now. Simply a waste of time.

*yawn*

I would recommend keeping up with what's happening in the subcontinent if you are on a subcontinent forum.

The plaque.
DSC04751-777969.JPG

Even this radar has GaN.
LLTR_Ashwini_Radar.jpg

Once Rohini's production run ends, Ashwini's production will begin. Which is very soon.

Back
Top Bottom