What's new

Israeli super radars set to give LCA fighter jet enhanced combat capability

What is super radar? A radar from alien or Mars? I only know Dopple Pulse , AESA or PESA.

Or OP wants to claim Israeli are aliens and not from this world? No wonder they are claimed to be invaders of Palestine. :lol:

Sir,
Israel Radar are Good but when you insert them in Indian Plane they become super.

Whatever is developed or will be developed in future is basically a copy from Ancient India.

In aesa tech they are well ahead of russia too and probably all the firms in europe.
Only raytheon is comfortably ahead i guess.

That is correct.

The American company that's ahead is Northrop Grumman, gents. Raytheon plays second fiddle to Grumman, they lost the deals for the F-22 and F-35's radars. And the French are practically on par with both of them.

But here's a little tidbit from a very good source. FWIW, the Israelis wanted to equip their own radar on their F-35s because they claimed it was better than what Grumman had made.

The American company that's ahead is Northrop Grumman, gents. Raytheon plays second fiddle to Grumman, they lost the deals for the F-22 and F-35's radars. And the French are practically on par with both of them.

But here's a little tidbit from a very good source. FWIW, the Israelis wanted to equip their own radar on their F-35s because they claimed it was better than what Grumman had made.

I stand corrected.....northrop grumman it is.

The ELTA radar is a derivate of the EL/M-2052 Active Electronically Scanning Array (AESA) that has also been equipped onboard the Jaguar DARIN III fighter jets of the air force. It has been selected for the LCA program ahead of the French Thales RBE2 radar derivative. Earlier, other suitors including the Americans and Swedes dropped out of the competition.

SAAB’s proposal for a GaN based radar for Tejas was always conditional to India buying Gripen with a GaN based radar.
SAABs GaN based AESA radar with enhanced capabilities to detect stealth aircraft is already in production for the GlobalEye AWACS and land based Giraffe radars, but needs to be customized for each fighterjet that wants to use the technology.
That would have been the real Superradar, compared to the GaAs based ELTA radar.

SAAB’s proposal for a GaN based radar for Tejas was always conditional to India buying Gripen with a GaN based radar.
SAABs GaN based AESA radar with enhanced capabilities to detect stealth aircraft is already in production for the GlobalEye AWACS and land based Giraffe radars, but needs to be customized for each fighterjet that wants to use the technology.
That would have been the real Superradar, compared to the GaAs based ELTA radar.

Saab Gripen is the best option for India , but I believe India may succumb to pressure from Washington.

Saab Gripen is the best option for India , but I believe India may succumb to pressure from Washington.

IAF has chosen 201 indigenous MCAs.

We are not worried about that.

The LCA was always expected to use the Israeli radar, it's a bit ahead in the development curve. Plus, we are already getting the older EL/M 2052 for the Jaguars.

The other radars use different technology.

For example, even we have started the induction of ground based GaN radars.
17098639_1643749522601612_8939543722985716664_n.jpg

It is not........best is to go for mk1,mk1a and mk2.
After retrofitting of aesa as is the case with el/m 2052 and other upgrades it will be an awesome point defence fighter for limited war with pakistan.

We need to induct cheap fighters in higher numbers rather than buy a small number of very costly jets.The costly jets will be fulfilled by rafale for now and most likely su-57 bought directly from russia possibly post 2022-23.
The AMCA wont be operational before 2030-35 in my opinion for the simple lack of technology and funds to make a truly 5 th generation plane and there is no need at the moment.

I doubt LCA can provide enough power and cooling for a GaN based radar.
GaN based fighter radars are possibly still 10-15 years away when the MLU of rafale,F-35 etc starts.

he-man : I doubt LCA can provide enough power and cooling for a GaN based radar.

you're right about that. that actually changes the whole ball game.

All this will be accounted for (hopefully) right at the design phase of the tejas mk II.

another 15 years to induction.

So there..

Saab hasn't offered enough.

Fact is Saab really doesn't have much to offer to India if Tejas works in India's favor.

For example, even we have started the induction of ground based GaN radars.
Hi @randomradio
The radar in question is not equipped with GaN T/R modules. It has traditional GaAs modules only. According the Dr Christopher, they are still perfecting the GaN T/R modules technology. For now they have achieved figures like 40W/transmitter whereas their goal is to boost this figure to 100W/transmitter. I am talking about individual T/R modules and not the planks!
He also mentions that they had to design the GaN modules because western companies simply refused to supply GaN modules in bulk. It clearly shows the western bias, they will not not transfer cutting edge subsystem in niche areas.

Dam after 33 years you made a plane with engine and radar from import source...

didnt realise painting was such a hard skill....

but watch all these indians defending incompetence is truly hilarious

Back
Top Bottom