What's new

Is religion a source of unity or division?

I was railing against Khilafat ?:cheesy: ......... where ?

What is there to explain about the concept of "uniting" people under the fear of death ? ...... that is what war does, right ?

You mean this episode in the history of the sub continent?

Madurai massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You should know ........ most Buddhist become Muslims ...... and yes, it was by the sword :P

From Afghanistan, to pakistan to Bangaldesh. :angel:

You talk as if you have conclusive evidence of this episode. I'd really like to see your sources for the claims you make. Otherwise refrain from passing sweeping remarks, it makes you look unprofessional.

You mean this episode in the history of the sub continent?

Madurai massacre - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You talk as if you have conclusive evidence of this episode. I'd really like to see your sources for the claims you make. Otherwise refrain from passing sweeping remarks, it makes you look unprofessional.

:lol: ..... .from your OWN POST.

" ..... The king, who had embraced Jainism, was re-converted to Shaivism under the influence of the Shaivite saint Sambandar. After this re-conversion, he ordered the massacre of around eight thousand Jains who had refused to convert to Shaivism.

The massacre is not mentioned in any Jain accounts, and there is no historical record of an actual massacre having taken place. :cheesy: The incident could be a Shaivite legend created to prove the superiority of the Shaivite sect over the Jains."

BTW .... Needless to say the posts talks about JAINS ....... NOT BUDDHISTS.

According to this guy, 200 millions muslims in Indonesia must have been converted by muslims flying on magic carpets. He also has no clue about the expansion of Islam in Yemen or Bahrain. What do you say to people who make huge claims but have not studied history of religions apart from their own (even there, he seems to have missed some parts).

He is a hindutva they always make shit up, the other time some hindu opened a thread with a video talking about darul harb and saying that Prophet Muhammad PBUH made up the term. These guys have a collective IQ of 10 they do not fact check.

:lol: ..... .from your OWN POST.

" ..... The king, who had embraced Jainism, was re-converted to Shaivism under the influence of the Shaivite saint Sambandar. After this re-conversion, he ordered the massacre of around eight thousand Jains who had refused to convert to Shaivism.

The massacre is not mentioned in any Jain accounts, and there is no historical record of an actual massacre having taken place. :cheesy: The incident could be a Shaivite legend created to prove the superiority of the Shaivite sect over the Jains."

Lol.

"The victor always writes the history ...... so its always the "Other Side" who started the war :P ......There is ALWAYS we attacked because the "Other side" was going to :P...... there was WMD on the "other side". I guess some thing never change."

He is a hindutva they always make shit up, the other time some hindu opened a thread with a video talking about darul harb and saying that Prophet Muhammad PBUH made up the term. These guys have a collective IQ of 10 they do not fact check.

Yeh lol I remember that video. When I answered that troll he simply stopped replying. Sad that they can sit their and claim the moral high ground but when someone talks to them with facts they dismiss those that don't suit their agenda or thinking.

Lol.

"The victor always writes the history ...... so its always the "Other Side" who started the war :P ......There is ALWAYS we attacked because the "Other side" was going to :P...... there was WMD on the "other side". I guess some thing never change."

There was NO WAR here to have VICTORS :lol: ...... or does that simple fact escape you ?

Evidenced by the fact that Buddhism Flourished for a 1000 years in India before Islam invaded ..... then it just disappeared :angel:

There was NO WAR here to have VICTORS :lol: ...... or does that simple fact escape you ?

So let me get this straight, you are okay with your co religionists butchering jains as long as there was no war fought. Okay, whatever. I can't argue with this type of intellect. Have a nice day.

Evidenced by the fact that Buddhism Flourished for a 1000 years in India before Islam invaded ..... then it just disappeared :angel:

It was already in decline long before the Muslims ever set foot in the sub continent. There is however no denying that the majority of Buddhists in those areas chose to become Muslims after the Muslim armies saved them from racist apartheid promoting Brahmin kings.

So let me get this straight, you are okay with your co religionists butchering jains as long as there was no war fought. Okay, whatever. I can't argue with this type of intellect. Have a nice day.

YOUR link says there is NO HISTORICAL RECORD of this "butchering".

NO JAIN Record speaks of this. BTW JAINS have Extensive Records.

There is a Flourishing Jain community in India. In fact they are one of the Riches community in India (possibly after the Parsis).

Hindu Nationalists Beat and Parade Half Naked Christians in India « Persecution News

YOUR link says there is NO HISTORICAL RECORD of this "butchering".

NO JAIN Record speaks of this. BTW JAINS have Extensive Records.

There is a Flourishing Jain community in India. In fact they are one of the Riches community in India (possibly after the Parsis).

I am merely pointing out your hypocrisy, since there are no sources of pagan meccans written during their wars against muslims you chose to take a swipe at the muslim sources by saying this. Now when I simply returned the favour, you are talking about as if you actually care about any credible sources.

Re-read what you said, then think about what I posted and your response to it.

Why does it matter if it unites or divides people??If it is not backed up by evidence nobody should believe in it in the first place!

See how easy it is to bash other people and their beliefs? See how easily I did that? that's what you do and think of yourself as a great scholar.

EDIT: anyways, this discussion has long passed its expiry date. Have a nice day, Sir.

There was no bashing from my end and I am not sure what you have managed to show.

BTW the link you posted is an example of religious Nationalism, NOT Hindus following the tenets of Hinduism.

See how easy it is to bash other people and their beliefs? See how easily I did that? that's what you do and think of yourself as a great scholar.

EDIT: anyways, this discussion has long passed its expiry date. Have a nice day, Sir.

He is not worth the time, he is saying Muslims destroyed Buddhism when it was already largely gone by the time Muslims got there.

I am merely pointing out your hypocrisy, since there are no sources of pagan meccans written during their wars against muslims you chose to take a swipe at the muslim sources by saying this. Now when I simply returned the favour, you are talking about as if you actually care about any credible sources.

Re-read what you said, then think about what I posted and your response to it.

What hypocrisy ? ...I have quoted Muslim records to show the wars. Where is the dispute ? .... anyway have a good day.

Back
Top Bottom