What's new

Is religion a source of unity or division?

They are wajib-ul-qatal. :)

Only in Mullahs Islam. Come to any Ahmadi mosque or locality, don't care if you are an atheist/hindu/Christian/Sikh or whatever, you would always be welcome. Wajib ul qatl is a mullah invented concept, introduced to keep the people as slaves under the authority of the Mullah. They use it to silence dissension and differing of opinions. What I'm trying to say is, that its not religion that divides, but humans. If you study the history of mankind you will see humans fighting over trivial matters. Religion is just another of these excuses to fight, not the only one.

Is that why the founder of your faith tried to "unite" people by the sword and kick started the Caliphate ? ...............rather disingenuous to blame the mullah and the priests.

What are you talking bout? Do you know what a Khalifa is? Why is it bad to try and unite people? Please expand a little.

Is that why the founder of your faith tried to "unite" people by the sword and kick started the Caliphate ? ...............rather disingenuous to blame the mullah and the priests.

Islam was never spread by the sword mate, you have the mainstream view of Islam which is far from reality, in Islam there is no compulsion in faith contrary to what the Mullahs are reaching now, sadly, Islam was accepted voluntarily although the motives varied initially.....
“There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong.” (Quran 2:256)

LOL..........that would be Abrahamic religion at its best. Waging Jihads and Crusades, or am I wrong ? :disagree:

....or have your renounced Nicene Creed ? :angel:

Yes... no one has ever been harmed in the name of Dharmic religions ............

We have religious fundoos both in India and Pakistan. Religion means unity. Unity means a common enemy must be created. for Muslims, it may be Non-Muslims who are the reason for all the wrong things happening to Muslims/Muslim countries. be it Hindu,Jew or Christian.
While, Organized Hindu religion(RSS spearheading) see a golden future of India with Hindu unity. fine. but, their common enemy is Muslims and secondly Christians. while Sikhism,Jainism,Buddhism etc etc *must* assimilate into Hinduism so as to strengthen new organized north Indian Hindu religion.
Another problem is social exclusion by Religious clergies/leaders if you don't fall for their ways. it works for all religions.
Islam was never spread by the sword mate, you have the mainstream view of Islam which is far from reality, in Islam there is no compulsion in faith contrary to what the Mullahs are reaching now, sadly, Islam was accepted voluntarily although the motives varied initially.....
Can you live in your society openly as a ex-Muslim/Apostate? especially in NWFP?

Can you live in your society openly as a ex-Muslim/Apostate? especially in NWFP?

Yes you can, I have several non-Muslim friends, one Sikh and 4 Christians, religion has never been an issue, I also have a good friend who openly claims to be an atheist.....
Religion is used as a means of division only by those who are devoid of understanding and interpretation of their own religious texts or by those who are scapegoated by some cleric into a false interpretation, and this is true not only in Pakistan but also in India an elsewhere in the world....

“There shall be no compulsion in [acceptance of] the religion. The right course has become clear from the wrong.” (Quran 2:256)

Whether or not Islam was spread by the sword is a different narrative.

I am talking about how the "perfect man" went about "uniting" people under the name of the religion. That was the topic in this thread, is it not ?

Yes... no one has ever been harmed in the name of Dharmic religions ............

In the name of the Dharmic religion ? NO............... unless of course it was self defence from invaders.

We have religious fundoos both in India and Pakistan. Religion means unity. Unity means a common enemy must be created. for Muslims, it may be Non-Muslims who are the reason for all the wrong things happening to Muslims/Muslim countries. be it Hindu,Jew or Christian.
While, Organized Hindu religion(RSS spearheading) see a golden future of India with Hindu unity. fine. but, their common enemy is Muslims and secondly Christians. while Sikhism,Jainism,Buddhism etc etc *must* assimilate into Hinduism so as to strengthen new organized north Indian Hindu religion.
Another problem is social exclusion by Religious clergies/leaders if you don't fall for their ways. it works for all religions.

It would have been a wonderful story except RSS is NOT a Hindu Religious organization :P

What are you talking bout? Do you know what a Khalifa is? Why is it bad to try and unite people? Please expand a little.

I know what a "Kafir" is, does that help ?

Last edited:
Whether or not Islam was spread by the sword is a different narrative.
I am talking about how the "perfect man" went about "uniting" people under the name of the religion. That was the topic in this thread, is it not ?

Apologies but I dont understand what you are saying, could you please clear up your opinion a little further......

I am blank once more, are you trying to say that Islam was spread utterly by ''force or the threat of force'', I do agree that there were military confrontations and victories but they were initiated by the other party and where they were initiated by the Muslims it was because there was a strong chance of an attack by the other party, Islam had forged a huge empire geographically but it didnt become Muslim directly as a result of the conquest, the people embraced Islam voluntarily due to several reasons that may have ranged from superficial to deeply spiritual reasons.....
I welcome you to do your research and draw your conclusion.....

I am blank once more, are you trying to say that Islam was spread utterly by ''force or the threat of force'', I do agree that there were military confrontations and victories but they were initiated by the other party and where they were initiated by the Muslims it was because there was a strong chance of an attack by the other party, Islam had forged a huge empire geographically but it didnt become Muslim directly as a result of the conquest, the people embraced Islam voluntarily due to several reasons that may have ranged from superficial to deeply spiritual reasons.....
I welcome you to do your research and draw your conclusion.....

Again ....... I am not discussing how islam was spread. That requires a separate thread.

I am talking about how the "religion of peace" actually behaved on the ground and set an example for its followers. No point in blaming the mullahs and priests. I am talking about the "peace" of the graveyard and message of "unity" war brings.

The victor always writes the history ...... so its always the "Other Side" who started the war :P ......There is ALWAYS we attacked because the "Other side" was going to :P...... there was WMD on the "other side". I guess some thing never change.

Again ....... I am not discussing how islam was spread. That requires a separate thread.

I am talking about how the "religion of peace" actually behaved on the ground and set an example for its followers. No point in blaming the mullahs and priests. I am talking about the "peace" of the graveyard and message of "unity" war brings.

The victor always writes the history ...... so its always the "Other Side" who started the war :P ......There is ALWAYS we attacked because the "Other side" was going to :P...... there was WMD on the "other side". I guess some thing never change.

At one instance you claim not be judging the Muslim conquest, then you judge the Muslim conquest, I am guessing you have a predefined judgment and there isnt much I can do to change that..... Islam has set an example of mass pardon for the conquered people as was done after the conquest of Makkah etc, and it must be noted that the Meccans were the sworn enemies of the Muslims and had killed many dear ones of the conquerors......
Peace and God bless.....

At one instance you claim not be judging the Muslim conquest, then you judge the Muslim conquest, I am guessing you have a predefined judgment and there isnt much I can do to change that..... Islam has set an example of mass pardon for the conquered people as was done after the conquest of Makkah etc, and it must be noted that the Meccans were the sworn enemies of the Muslims and had killed many dear ones of the conquerors......
Peace and God bless.....

......Ya .....Muslim conquest ...... conquered people ......conquest of Makkah ........ you have convinced me. R....... of Peace and Unity. :tup:

Non so blind as those who choose not to see. ........

how about this one ............ missing the Forest for the Trees ?

it Very depressing
When people just see Atheism in just one shade communism.when atheism or semi-atheism Can also be seen as Humanism. many great personalities like albert Einstein are believers of this process

Einstein claimed to be agnostic not atheist.

They are wajib-ul-qatal. :)

Nope. :smart:

LOL the caliphate started after the death of Prophet Muhammad PBUH, as for the sword many scholars have examined such a fact but only hindutvas accept it as ordained fact because you guys are still butt hurt over your asses being conquered.

......Ya .....Muslim conquest ...... conquered people ......conquest of Makkah ........ you have convinced me. R....... of Peace and Unity. :tup:

Non so blind as those who choose not to see. ........

how about this one ............ missing the Forest for the Trees ?
Ok whatever you say is fine by me.......:coffee:

Back
Top Bottom