What's new

Is religion a source of unity or division?

Religion is the most complex thing on earth, I have to beleive without getting all the answers and obey all the decrees of the Almighty without complaining!

It is the most complex thing and can be interpreted differently by different people, so all cannot equally agree on it, so division is inevitable.

I think both the division and union for religion is equal.

Last edited:
.if you consider religion as tool or model to unite people and spared humanity and peace ........than all three major religion is fail .........ancient time Hindus was also divided in shave ,vaishnav and shakti, which was major region of conflict .........India is geographically divided in three sect......south is dominate with shave.....north is vaishnav....and east part is dominated by shakti.......

another important question .....which is more better solution ...culture integrity or religions ?...........

Javanese give more importance to culture rather than religion ,and it is their conscious decision ...........so no need to explain they are ignoring many thing which is guideline of religion.........central java is example for world were people of different faith are living together with zero conflict ( i my view Javanese culture is really amazing )

so next question is why people still need religion ?
in my view religion is the only solution which fulfill individual spiritual need .......... till than religion is followed by individual by his own interpretation to gain spiritual satisfaction, it is good .......and when it started practice in mass or group (or under other guide line ) it is disaster

Abrahamic Religions divide people and turn them against each other.

Dharmic religions units people.

It is as simple as that...............not that anyone is interested in the truth.

Only common interest unites people, THATS THE FINAL ULTIMATE TRUTH. Now that interest group could be family, housing society, city, state, nation, religion, caste, language, ethnicity... you name it.

So its about how interest groups organise themselves.

BUT religion, thanks to their weird mumbo jumbo and hardcoded superstitious idiocy and illogical rules, is actually a problem in unity, and it creates hurdles for people to unite effectively. For example, a state or a caste wants to push certain demands, but religion might prevent the people from the state or caste to unite to push that demand because of some obsolete ancient rules!!!

OTOH religion only seems to unite on emotive useless issues like cartoons and films etc etc...

Last edited:
Only common interest unites people, THATS THE FINAL ULTIMATE TRUTH. Now that interest group could be family, housing society, city, state, nation, religion, caste, language, ethnicity... you name it.

Unfortunately that is NOT true. Everybody has a common interest in keeping the Environment clean ......... why don't they do it ? :disagree:

It is a common BELIEF that unites people.

Unfortunately that is NOT true. Everybody has a common interest in keeping the Environment clean ......... why don't they do it ? :disagree:

It is a common BELIEF that unites people.

Everybody can be united on a cleaner environment, its about organising it. Unfortunately its too low on priority list for most people. BTW the cause DOES unite people across all boundaries, does it not?

Everybody can be united on a cleaner environment, its about organising it. Unfortunately its too low on priority list for most people. BTW the cause DOES unite people across all boundaries, does it not?

So you see ....... you have yourself admitted that common interested DO NOT NECESSARILY unite people.

Selfish interest always triumph common interest.

So you see ....... you have yourself admitted that common interested DO NOT NECESSARILY unite people.

Selfish interest always triumph common interest.

Of course, as i stated its about organising the common interest effectively. Of course selfish intest trumps common interest, its only when the two are aligned, only then unity is possible.

Of course, as i stated its about organising the common interest effectively. Of course selfish intest trumps common interest, its only when the two are aligned, only then unity is possible.

LOL.......selfish interest and common interest are OPPOSITES. When they unite it is back to being "common interest" ....... it never happens.

It has nothing to do with Unity ...... only a temporary alignment which will part once the common interest is served.

In its absolute form it teaches unity, the Abrahimic ones are more vocal on this point, they teach unity under the banner of humanity but it is later that some Mullah, Priest or Rabi makes the cause of division because of different interpretations of the words of God, Religion preaches unity but the Religious leaders dont.....

In its absolute form it teaches unity, the Abrahimic ones are more vocal on this point, they teach unity under the banner of humanity but it is later that some Mullah, Priest or Rabi makes the cause of division because of different interpretations of the words of God, Religion preaches unity but the Religious leaders dont.....

Is that why the founder of your faith tried to "unite" people by the sword and kick started the Caliphate ? ...............rather disingenuous to blame the mullah and the priests.

Back
Top Bottom