What's new

Is Karachi not a part of Sindh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This all bullshit started with Ayub Khan

Urdu speakers were just Pakistanis. They didn't have any ethnic title unlike Punjabis, Sindhis etc...

Ayub Khan and Sindhi waderas polarized those very people who once chanted

"but k rahega Hindustan, Le k rahenge Pakistan"

Urdu speakers grab the bureaucracy post partition because they were EDUCATED unlike Punjabis and Sindhis of that time....Hum koi quota system pe nh aie the.

We all know how power structure from Urdu speakers went into hands of fuckers who just messed up everything and even lost Bangladesh within no time...

Bengalis still respect Karachi and her people out of all Pakistanis....Lacs of Bengalis live in Karachi to this date.

Pakistani establishment was made up of thugs at that time.

Jab Fatima Jinnah jo gaddar bolenge SON OF SOILS to phir yeh to hoga jo horaha hai
Munafiqat ka muqaam yeh hai ke jin Muhajir Bihariyon ne apni jaan dao pe laga di 1971 mein un tak ko tou wapis laa nahi sakay. Aur jo yahan baith ke idhar hum udhar tum kar rahay thay unko sons of soils aur patriots kaha jaata hai. Socho Bangladesh juda na hua hota tou hum aaj dunya ka sab se bara Muslim mulk hotay.

In karachi SUI Gas had 4,000 sindhi people entrance why Muhajir has less. In Civic Center higher posts occupied by sindhi while lower is for muhajir and so on. Take PIA, you will see bhutto pic hanging on wall in hanger.
I asked you a simple question what is the highest post of govt in Karachi? it would be chief sectary in bureaucracy? IG in police? & xyz in other departments? am i correct?
now what will be their pay? do you know?

But who are you to decide that, meri jaan? Why are you speaking for us? Do you live here, do you know the ground situation here? Typical whataboutism from a non Karachiite, it's nothing new. Pakistan humesha khatray mein kyun parh jaata jab Karachi ki haq ki baat aati hai tou. You don't want to let people of Karachi have power over their own city, it's simple as that. Seedhi baat hai
I am just a poor farmer who has few acers and grows some crop on it. I don't know anything much. I was just giving my opinion.

Here is a decent analysis that Haroon Rashid did. Worth a listen.
On top of this Karachi's population that is around 20M+ is always understated. Last census put it around 12 or 13M slightly more than Lahore's. Which is grossly under reported. That impacts the number of seats Karachi gets in National Assembly & Sindh's provincial assembly. KHI's seats per 100,000 people in NA is less than what Gujranwala has and 2x less than what Larkana has in the sindh assembly. Somebody posted why don't you just vote PPP out. Just because of that you can't.
On top of that, quota system only imposed on Karachi which makes sure you cannot have any meaningful contribution in both federal or Provincial governments. How many foreign service career professionals do yuo have from KHI - next to nothing!

I asked you a simple question what is the highest post of govt in Karachi? it would be chief sectary in bureaucracy? IG in police? & xyz in other departments? am i correct?
now what will be their pay? do you know?

I am just a poor farmer who has few acers and grows some crop on it. I don't know anything much. I was just giving my opinion.

You are asking irrelevant question on my question asking you about the rights and quota. Why does it even matter what is the pay or what is high? I am asking about the quota system that has given to the muhajirs?

You are asking irrelevant question on my question asking you about the rights and quota. Why does it even matter what is the pay or what is high? I am asking about the quota system that has given to the muhajirs?
Bro it matters cause if pay is less than what private sector is giving then why people want more govt jobs. The issue is in Pakistan people are still stuck for demanding more govt jobs instead of demanding their leaders to create more private sector jobs. This is the problem, why are govt jobs, more attractive even with lesser pay?

Bro it matters cause if pay is less than what private sector is giving then why people want more govt jobs. The issue is in Pakistan people are still stuck for demanding more govt jobs instead of demanding their leaders to create more private sector jobs. This is the problem, why are govt jobs, more attractive even with lesser pay?
No. You know nothing about our issues. Stop diverting the topic. When we Karachiites, a city of 25 million, sit for CSS we usually have to compete for 2 (or maybe 3 if we're lucky that year) FSP or PSP seats. That is the quota system. And it's like that for every single goverment department. If you do qualify, you usually need a sifarish from a Sindhi wadera saaein to be appointed.

No. You know nothing about our issues. Stop diverting the topic. When we Karachiites, a city of 25 million, sit for CSS we usually have to compete for 2 (or maybe 3 if we're lucky that year) FSP or PSP seats. That is the quota system. And it's like that for every single goverment department. If you do qualify, you usually need a sifarish from a Sindhi wadera saaein to be appointed.
I am not going to deny you your issues but those are not just your problems. Those are problems faced by every one every where all over the country but you are associating it to just Karachi which is wrong. What is the solution to this? to give more jobs for Karachi or take out political corruption from Sindh? and make the field good for every one?

I am not going to deny you your issues but those are not just your problems. Those are problems faced by every one every where all over the country but you are associating it to just Karachi which is wrong. What is the solution to this? to give more jobs for Karachi or take out political corruption from Sindh? and make the field good for every one?
So does a person from Lahore has same quotas? That they can only applying for 2-3 CSS seats?
NO

Your answer to institutionalized discrimination against a very specific ethnicity is, why bother with government job and go for private sector jobs. Oh but we expect you (Karachi) to generate 50% of the country's income tax. Now look at it and tell me that will not breed ill will?

On the flip side, I would say it makes other ethnicities complacent. In sindh, non-karachites are guaranteed the government job with minimal effort. I can content that is really bad for them and they don't strive to excel.

I did my under grad from NED. All administrative staff was sindhi. Unfortunately quite a few could not even properly read their own forms. We had toppers from Larkana & Nawabshah that did not know what an integration sign was while sitting in Calculus class. I kid you not, he asked my friend "yeh teacher nein saamp kya bana diya hai". They would all select the civil department and were guaranteed a job in NESPAK.

There is no quotas in Punjab I think never heard of it.
Only enforced on karachi.

Your answer to institutionalized discrimination against a very specific ethnicity is, why bother with government job and go for private sector jobs. Oh but we expect you (Karachi) to generate 50% of the country's income tax. Now look at it and tell me that will not breed ill will?

On the flip side, I would say it makes other ethnicities complacent. In sindh, non-karachites are guaranteed the government job with minimal effort. I can content that is really bad for them and they don't strive to excel.
Actually my question is why is govt job more attractive when it pays less than a private job? You & I both know the answer to this question & that is the root problem. Solve that & every thing else is solved.

Actually my question is why is govt job more attractive when it pays less than a private job? You & I both know the answer to this question & that is the root problem. Solve that & every thing else is solved.
Are you alluding to it being a gateway to corruption?
That is a new angle. Karachiwalay want their fair share in public service representation so they can equally loot the country?

That is a new angle. Karachiwalay want their fair share in public service representation so they can equally loot the country?

Moreover, yeh baat inhe tab nahi yaad aiye gi jab PPP ke ministers croron ki corruption karein ge. Magar koi Urdu speaker grade 17 ki government job maange tab corruption yaad ajaye gi.

Yeh chonchlain hain sirf aur sirf baat ghumaane ke. Pata nahi kitno se sunn chuka hain aise nayaab chutkhulay.

My words are far more different than yours. Why are govt posts more important than private jobs what is the reason? If private jobs pay more why are you asking for more govt jobs? We have to end this thinking. This increases your govt spending, which results in budget deficit, you are trying to further the very old tradition which you are trying to raise voice against.
What your demand should be that govt should create more jobs instead of asking for govt jobs.

My words are far more different than yours. Why are govt posts more important than private jobs what is the reason? If private jobs pay more why are you asking for more govt jobs? We have to end this thinking. This increases your govt spending, which results in budget deficit, you are trying to further the very old tradition which you are trying to raise voice against.
What your demand should be that govt should create more jobs instead of asking for govt jobs.
You are ignore a blatantly discriminating practice at best or deflecting knowingly and then providing superflous alternatives. I am asking for my fair share from existing resources or rather remove discriminatory policies imposed on me.
Your thought process is totally wrong. You are asking me to look at alternatives and not fix the underlying issues.
How about we limit Karachi's share of income tax generation directly proportional to its representation in both Sindh & federal government?

Or how about we apply same quotas in other places as wekk i-e similar policies for Lahore, Peshawar etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom