What's new

Is Karachi not a part of Sindh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of all CSS pass outs this year.

Tell me how many were from Karachi (urban sindh)

-
Ok I checked.

365 candidates passed CSS final exam 2019.

18 students were from Urban Sindh, which includes Karachi, Hyderabad, Sukkur etc. That's just 5% of those who cleared the exam

18 Students from 25 Million People.(only counting Karachi's population)
What a joke, that's utter discrimination.

You do realise that the DMCs are made available for every candidate? And you counted the numbers off a merit list with roll numbers and names yourself, didn't you? You can't yell 'discrimination' every time you face something that does not comply with your wishful narrative. I keep repeating that the whole process is very transparent. There is nothing left hidden. These tests aren't taken by political appointees.

Regional political parties have before accused the FPSC of bias as well, the records were made public and no discrepancies were found. I believe the last time was in 2018 by a KPK senator, FIA was involved. And it's also not as if the seats that are left vacant in Urban Sindh are given to another region. They are added back to Urban Sindh's next year's quota. There's a reason why the CSS exam still has good repute, as outdated as it may be.

The lower numbers are not a new phenomenon either. It's been a regular occurrence with Sindh and Balochistan for a while now. Still the quota for Balochistan was increased a few years ago, only ended up with more empty seats.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1514411/css-quota-system

So you are saying that only 18 people are brainy/capable in Urban Sindh??

Doubt it. Standardised tests are only good at gauging how good you are at attempting that particular standardised test. Has nothing to do with being "brainy" or one's capabilities. That's why I said it was outdated. SATs, GRE and GMAT are the same but that's another discussion. What it does definitively show is that there were only 18 people who could pass the written CSS exam in 2019 from Urban Sindh.

See the number of candidates for Punjab, aka Sons of Soil.

So I take it you also claim not be a racist or ethno-nationalist? Obviously not spewing ethnic hatred out of nowhere here.

A far higher percentage of Punjabi candidates who actually pass the exams aren't given appointments only because of the limited quota. So those number of candidates from Punjab that you saw, a lot of them will be given the boot even after qualifying, some even after scoring higher than appointees from other regions. Their complaint is that it should be solely based on merit. "Why leave so many seats go empty year over year?" In fact, people have been caught with fake domiciles of Sindh and Balochistan in hopes of increasing their chances. OTOH, if they do it solely on merit, other's would complain that it's all biased towards the "Sons of Soil". Because surely, actual reality cannot ever go against our fantastical claims, right? "Has to be rigged".

So, in the end, while every single region complains and whines, hundreds of Civil Service seats remain empty with hundreds of thousands of civilians looking at empty offices with no one to serve them.

Believe it or not, the FPSC has been trying to solve this problem for a while now. Empty civil service seats are a major hindrance in the centre's operations. It was even proposed to reduce the passing criteria for these regions. An extra exam is being held this year in hopes of filling out these left-over seats. The "Sons of the soil" are excluded from it.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/654455-special-css-exam-by-year-end

PS: I'm waiting for you to string another story from the "fake domiciles" news.

Last edited:
You do realise that the DMCs are made available for every candidate? And you counted the numbers off a merit list with roll numbers and names yourself, didn't you? You can't yell 'discrimination' every time you face something that does not comply with your wishful narrative. I keep repeating that the whole process is very transparent. There is nothing left hidden. These tests aren't taken by political appointees.

Regional political parties have before accused the FPSC of bias as well, the records were made public and no discrepancies were found. I believe the last time was in 2018 by a KPK senator, FIA was involved. And it's also not as if the seats that are left vacant in Urban Sindh are given to another region. They are added back to Urban Sindh's next year's quota. There's a reason why the CSS exam still has good repute, as outdated as it may be.

The lower numbers is not a new phenomenon either. It's been a regular occurrence with Sindh and Balochistan for a while now. Still the quota for Balochistan was increased a few years ago, only ended up with more empty seats.

Doubt it. Standardised tests are only good at gauging how good you are at attempting that particular standardised test. Has nothing to do with being "brainy" or one's capabilities. That's why I said it was outdated. SATs, GRE and GMAT are the same but that's another discussion. What it does definitively show is that there were only 18 people who could pass the written CSS exam in 2019 from Urban Sindh.

So I take it you also claim not be a racist or ethno-nationalist? Obviously not spewing ethnic hatred out of nowhere here.

A far higher percentage of Punjabi candidates who actually pass the exams aren't given appointments only because of the limited quota. So those number of candidates from Punjab that you saw, a lot of them will be given the boot even after qualifying, some even after scoring higher than appointees from other regions. Their complaint is that it should be solely based on merit. "Why leave so many seats go empty year over year?" In fact, people have been caught with fake domiciles of Sindh and Balochistan in hopes of increasing their chances. OTOH, if they do it solely on merit, other's would complain that it's all biased towards the "Sons of Soil". Because surely, actual reality cannot ever go against our fantastical claims, right? "Has to be rigged".

So, in the end, while every single region complains and whines, hundreds of Civil Service seats remain empty with hundreds of thousands of civilians looking at empty offices with no one to serve them.

Btw, an extra exam is being held this year in hopes of filling out these left-over seats. The "Sons of the soil" are excluded from it.

Okay cool.

The lower numbers are not a new phenomenon either. It's been a regular occurrence with Sindh and Balochistan for a while now. Still the quota for Balochistan was increased a few years ago, only ended up with more empty seats.

Believe it or not, the FPSC has been trying to solve this problem for a while now. Empty civil service seats are a major hindrance in the centre's operations. It was even proposed to reduce the passing criteria for these regions. An extra exam is being held this year in hopes of filling out these left-over seats. The "Sons of the soil" are excluded from it.

How much time have you spent/lived in Karachi?

How much time have you spent/lived in Karachi?

Is that your last defence? Surely living in Karachi warps reality itself. Basic hard data ceases to matter? Especially when every argument and objection one threw has been answered with facts.

Three months every year till I was 18. Less after that.

How much time have you lived outside of Karachi? Have you taken a CSS exam?

As expected no response.... Poori thread mein yeh janab Karachi walon kay chacha bunay phir rahay thay.

Get's a little tough replying after 3am in the morning. Also allows you some 'Red Herring' in the meanwhile. How else will you cope?

Last edited:
You lived here as a guest, "3 months"

And now you come here lecture us about our situation and blame us?

CSS quota issue is just tip of an iceberg.

How about you come here and spend 3 hours daily in Karachi traffic and then come back to home to find that there is no electricity or water.

Try doing that daily for years and then I'll ask you about your mental health.

Don't try to delegitimize the problems faced by Karachiites, I appreciate if you let us speak our voices without bringing your holier than thou attitude in every thread on Karachi.

Let us convey our problems to sleeping bureaucrats, federal government and those who are in power.

That's all we are asking.

I request all Muslim brothers and Pakistanis to stop using this term "sons of soil" for Non-Urdu speakers, as Urdu speakers are very much sons of the soil too.

Be careful of the racists in our midst who try to steer the conversation away from the topic and towards mudslinging. There is one ID @Cliftonite in particular who needs to be banned for this reason.

@Starlord @PaklovesTurkiye @Ghazwa-e-Hind Be sensible brothers.

We all agree that things need to change in Karachi. We are with you on that.

I request all Muslim brothers and Pakistanis to stop using this term "sons of soil" for Non-Urdu speakers, as Urdu speakers are very much sons of the soil too.

Be careful of the racists in our midst who try to steer the conversation away from the topic and towards mudslinging. There is one ID @Cliftonite in particular who needs to be banned for this reason.

@Starlord @PaklovesTurkiye @Ghazwa-e-Hind Be sensible brothers.

We all agree that things need to change in Karachi. We are with you on that.

I apologize for the terminology used.

Sir, it gets tiring when people derail every thread on Karachi problems when they themselves are living in cozy places and have no idea about situation here.

I apologize for the terminology used.

Sir, it gets tiring when people derail every thread on Karachi problems when they themselves are living in cozy places and have no idea about situation here.

It is not your terminology brother, therefore I am not blaming you. There are certain members on this forum with agendas which need to be cleared out.

Every city in Pakistan has its own issues brother. No place is perfect, but Karachi has really gotten out of hand. Federal rule will come soon, I am sure.

Karachiites have a right to be upset and to call out the provincial and federal government for its inaction.

Now the terrorist attack was a predicted escalation and proof that Karachi is suffering from anarchy and mismanagement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom