What's new

Is Karachi not a part of Sindh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are ignore a blatantly discriminating practice at best or deflecting knowingly and then providing superflous alternatives. I am asking for my fair share from existing resources or rather remove discriminatory policies imposed on me.
Your thought process is totally wrong. You are asking me to look at alternatives and not fix the underlying issues.
How about we limit Karachi's share of income tax generation directly proportional to its representation in both Sindh & federal government?

Or how about we apply same quotas in other places as wekk i-e similar policies for Lahore, Peshawar etc?
My friend I don't have the power to remove anything over you. You are asking wrong person the wrong question. neither I am discriminating you nor I can give a Govt job I am merely discussing it with you.
Pakistan has a population of 200 million karachi's 14.91 million which is 7.45% of Pakistan of this 14.91 million population 70% of people in Karachi are from other areas with domicile from those areas which makes Karachi's actual residency 2.8% of Pakistan's population. what was the quota% of jobs in Karachi?

My words are far more different than yours. Why are govt posts more important than private jobs what is the reason? If private jobs pay more why are you asking for more govt jobs? We have to end this thinking. This increases your govt spending, which results in budget deficit, you are trying to further the very old tradition which you are trying to raise voice against.
What your demand should be that govt should create more jobs instead of asking for govt jobs.
Your question misses the entire point.

No one's asking "why aren't there more government jobs for Karachi," but rather, "why aren't you giving people from Karachi a fair chance to get a government job?"

Instead, you have a system that lets unqualified people take charge of the institutions.

If you staff your institutions with unqualified people, you'll have bad results -- i.e., Pakistan's case today.

Also, this question about the private sector is non-nonsensical.

If anything, a profit-driven entity will only hire good talent, and if that's where educated Karachiites are going, then it speaks to a huge problem -- why isn't the government competing for that proven talent?

Personally, I'd rather staff my institutions with the country's best talent. Why? The state can then make the maximum amount of money and, in turn, pay the disadvantaged people to get the advantages they need and compete with the incumbents on equal footing.

But if you're going to maintain a quota system that's evidently based on party loyalty, ethnic bias, and discrimination, you're not going to thrive.

My friend I don't have the power to remove anything over you. You are asking wrong person the wrong question. neither I am discriminating you nor I can give a Govt job I am merely discussing it with you.
Pakistan has a population of 200 million karachi's 14.91 million which is 7.45% of Pakistan of this 14.91 million population 70% of people in Karachi are from other areas with domicile from those areas which makes Karachi's actual residency 2.8% of Pakistan's population. what was the quota% of jobs in Karachi?
Where did you come up with these stats?
That is the first problem. Karachi's population is well over 22M. Under reported by design. Can you cite your claim that 70% population of karachi is domiciled outside?

Please look up Karachi's representation in KDA, KMC, Sindh Police, Sindh board of Education. These are 4 immediate agencies that have direct impact on the lives of Karachi's population. It will be next to nothing.

I get you have no power to change anything. However you are either dismissing it outright as an issue or belittle it.
Atleast you need to acknowledge it.

Your question misses the entire point.

No one's asking "why aren't there more government jobs for Karachi," but rather, "why aren't you giving people from Karachi a fair chance to get a government job?"

Instead, you have a system that looks like is letting less than able people take charge of the institutions.

If you staff your institutions with unqualified people, you'll have bad results -- i.e., Pakistan's case today.

Also, this question about the private sector is non-nonsensical.

If anything, a profit-driven entity will only hire good talent, and if that's where educated Karachiites are going, then it speaks to a huge problem -- why isn't the government competing for that proven talent?
Bilal bhai you know what I am trying to say here CSS is one of the most competing exams in Pakistan & it gets the cream. The issue is this thread started to turn into a sympathy gainer. The govt job system in sindh is really messed up I know. Why? cause when a politician goes for votes the houses who have large vote banks under their belly demand govt jobs and hiring happens on that criteria. Karachi is a money hub it attracts a lot of people it is port & such places also attract corruption. Govt jobs are overly attractive they have to be less attractive to make sure extra posts are not made to please people for political purpose. We need to find a balance where we cab get talent and don't attract political pressure.

Bilal bhai you know what I am trying to say here CSS is one of the most competing exams in Pakistan & it gets the cream. The issue is this thread started to turn into a sympathy gainer. The govt job system in sindh is really messed up I know. Why? cause when a politician goes for votes the houses who have large vote banks under their belly demand govt jobs and hiring happens on that criteria. Karachi is a money hub it attracts a lot of people it is port & such places also attract corruption. Govt jobs are overly attractive they have to be less attractive to make sure extra posts are not made to please people for political purpose. We need to find a balance where we cab get talent and don't attract political pressure.
I agree bro. The right solution is to entirely ban and dismantle the parties (and all of their party members) from any political activity, electoral seats, and government seats. We must ban the PPP, PML, MQM, PTI, etc -- every, single, one. Force an entirely new generation of Pakistani politics.

Where did you come up with these stats?
That is the first problem. Karachi's population is well over 22M. Under reported by design. Can you cite your claim that 70% population of karachi is domiciled outside?

Please look up Karachi's representation in KDA, KMC, Sindh Police, Sindh board of Education. These are 4 immediate agencies that have direct impact on the lives of Karachi's population. It will be next to nothing.

I get you have no power to change anything. However you are either dismissing it outright as an issue or belittle it.
I googled them it is 2017 stats for karachi's population plus Pakistan's population is 212 million in that year as well which I mistakenly understated sorry but those were available stats. regarding domicile mostly there are migrant workers in karachi. People who are even permanently living in Karachi have their permanent residency of places out side karachi.

That is how metropolitan cities work.
Bro you are stuck in solving the smaller issues & neglecting the the core issues. lets say we increase the quota of jobs for Karachi by 1% more what will that achieve for 14 million people? Govt can't facilitate all 14 million people. so some will be even then left out. Solution is more investment & private sector jobs.

I googled them it is 2017 stats for karachi's population plus Pakistan's population is 212 million in that year as well which I mistakenly understated sorry but those were available stats. regarding domicile mostly there are migrant workers in karachi. People who are even permanently living in Karachi have their permanent residency of places out side karachi.

Bro you are stuck in solving the smaller issues & neglecting the the core issues. lets say we increase the quota of jobs for Karachi by 1% more what will that achieve for 14 million people? Govt can't facilitate all 14 million people. so some will be even then left out. Solution is more investment & private sector jobs.

Bhai jee we dont get govt jobs so easily so what exactly you think we are doing? Ofcourse private jobs. But why we? And not sindhi?

Karachi gets negligible quota in CSS exams despite being the most populated city of Pakistan.

Karachi hosts people from different cities, rural areas without discrimination.

In Karachi no one asks you where you came from, whether you are a labourer, white collar worker, technician or a rider/driver, no one questions you.

People who grew up here are least racist. They are adaptable and can get along with anyone.

Karachi needs to be separated from the thugs of PPP.

The PPP thugs have taken and given all the government jobs to their relatives, friends and family. PIA, SBCA, DC office, KMC every department reeks of corruption.

Every few weeks there is a thread about Karachi in which residents are asking for their due rights, jobs and basic necessities but Federal government does not listen at all.

Bottom line is,

Karachiites will not vote for PTI or any party in next election.

People here are not living, they are surviving hand to mouth.

Karachi has been victim of discrimination and insurgency since 1990s, only President General Musharraf paid attention to it. May God bless him with good health. Good guy.

During Musharraf era MQM had golden chance to abolish Quota system, but.....they were more busy in China cutting, sending money UK,South Africa, Canada, US/Houston. Visionary leaders of MQM were either killed by Bhai and co and remaining kept silent.
Now MQM is totally wiped out , everyone is talking about Karachi rights.

lol how is he a muhajir?

Sir please understand the situation of karachits. Plese dont blame us that we are playing victim cards. Our voices for our rights are legitimate.

Why are we being scapgoated just because of altaf mardod?

our biggest sin is that We Talk straightforward face to face.

We dont like to be pseudo intellectuals & and dont want any higher position in offices despite the fact we can be on higher position on merit but merit is no where for us in this system. so we only want our rights which is fundamental rights for any society.

Mai ne is topic per baat krna chodh dia tha Q k koe faida nhi. Hamari pakistan se mohabbat kabhi khatm nhi hosakti q k ye sar zamin hamary abao ajdad ne apny khon pasiny se sija hai.

Last edited:
During Musharraf era MQM had golden chance to abolish Quota system, but.....they were more busy in China cutting, sending money UK,South Africa, Canada, US/Houston. Visionary leaders of MQM were either killed by Bhai and co and remaining kept silent.
Absolutely correct. That was a golden opportunity and MQM was busy in loot mar.
However people of Karachi have been demanding this for the past 40 years not just recently.

We must ban the PPP, PML, MQM, PTI, etc -- every, single, one. Force an entirely new generation of Pakistani politics.

the new generation will be the same, until and unless the establishment's head is chopped off for good and a non colonial military and other systems of governance are enforced.

regards

Quota system or no quota system, people of karachi were happy during musharraf/MQM years even before that during jamaat e islami mayorship. that is not the case pre or post musharraf era.

regards

Last edited:

We are not demanding and increase in quotas, rather abolishing the quita system that is just imposed on Karachi.

You need to read my above posts please. I am not stuck on quota system.
I will reiterate for your benefit again.

Karachi's population in census is always suppressed. Recent census states 13M just slightly more than Lahore. When in actuality it is well above 22M.
Based on the population, KHI's representation in NA is less than Gujranwala per 100,000 people. And Larkana has 2x more seats in sindh assembly per 100,000 people than Karachi. If only this was adjusted this yoke of rural sindh that is slung around KHI will be broken.

KHI generates more income tax than whole of Punjab combined yet does not get 2% of that applied to it.

Your solution of looking for private sector jobs and vote PPP out does not help at all because the deck has been stacked against us.
So I should not be able to represent my country in Foreign service or help my city get better by being part of its planning?

Nobody is looking for your pity or sympathy, just stating facts on the ground.

This perpetuated bias then breed ill will.

Nope, That is the Dilemma , Karachi sab ka lakin Karachi Kisi ka nai ..People of Pakistan out because of their hate and inferiority complex of Urdu speaking people has destroyed Karachi and its people were left with no own to Own them not including the current Govt .
Bro I am non-urdu speaking but I live here in Karachi. Karachi's biggest mistake has been selecting Altaf Hussain as its leader, rest all is part of history now

Bro I am non-urdu speaking but I live here in Karachi. Karachi's biggest mistake has been selecting Altaf Hussain as its leader, rest all is part of history now

What the hell are you talking about? Altaf Hussain came in 85 and was against same discrepancies of quota system and infrastructural problems of Pakistan like road network, water, sanitation, electricity.

Altaf Hussain gone from here atleast 4 years back. So problems of Karachi are here on as it is basis before altaf after altaf and during altaf.

Dont make useless excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom