What's new

Iran's Zoroastrians celebrate Persian roots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know they do. But the same way Jews and Christians ripped-off Babylonian and Egyptian myths. Muslims ripped-off Mithraism and Zoroastrianism :victory:

By the way, thank you! :D My main account will be unbanned in 10 days! :D

Lol nope. Muslims are continuation of Judaism and Christianity if anything are concepts came from them, we are most identical to Jews. Yeah try not to get yourself banned with your "militant-ism" before hand. :lol: Anyway it is late.

i had this tutor and he was zoroastrian , he was very kind to me , cause i have a non-muslim name , very kind people , so kind that even jews like them

Lol nope. Muslims are continuation of Judaism and Christianity if anything are concepts came from them, we are most identical to Jews. Yeah try not to get yourself banned with your "militant-ism" before hand. :lol: Anyway it is late.

Hahahaha. Man, you of all people should know that if all religious people were like you are, there would be ZERO problem in the world. But they're not. My Militant-ism is not intended for you, but for the hardcore Muslims who are willing to blow themselves up and kill the innocents. I also find Jehovah's witnesses increasingly annoying. These nutbags were in Hong Kong too you know!

If I am not wrong ... worshiping 5 times a day was really a Zoroastrian custom. So don't degrade a religion which has enriched Islam in a way.

There are many elements of later Abrahamic religions that are first found in Zoroastrianism, including, but not limited to:
  • Monotheism and the idea of one supreme god.
  • Idea of objective morality and the existence of "Good" and "Evil". This is is portrayed in Zoroastrianism as the cosmic struggle between Good (embodied by Ahura Mazda) and Evil (embodied by Angra Mainyu, or Ahriman). This dichotomy also exists in Abrahamic religions as the struggle between God and the Devil (Satan/Shaitan).
  • Concept of "angels" (ahuras) and "demons" (daevas), who work for God and the Devil, respectively.
  • Concept of a final Divine Judgment (see frashokereti) and an individual judgment upon death, whereby one enters either heaven or hell. Compare the Chinvat Bridge of Zoroastrianism with the as-Sirat of Islam.
  • Importance given to head coverings among the religiously devout.
  • Praying five times a day
Interestingly note the names of characters, Ahuras, and Daivas, you've probably heard of them elsewhere, except in Indic culture, Devas remained the good guys, and Asuras became the bad guys (strictly speaking, there is no good or evil, only different character traits, as many devas indulge in mischief, while there are many asuras who do good things, but mainstream people will take it as good guys vs bad guys).

WRT to old persian and old Sanskrit, yes there are many similarities
The languages of the two scriptures, the Zoroastrian Avesta and Hindu Rig Veda, are similar but not identical, indicating that at the time of their composition, the people of the Avesta and the Rig Veda were related and close neighbours - in a fashion similar to two provinces within one country - provinces where the people spoke two dialects of the same language.

The following is an example of the closeness of the Avestan Old Iranian and Rig-Vedic (Sanskrit) languages:
Old Iranian/Avestan: aevo pantao yo ashahe, vispe anyaesham apantam (Yasna 72.11)
Old Indian/Vedic(translation of the above): abade pantha he ashae, visha anyaesham apantham
Translation: the one path is that of Asha, all others are not-paths.
(see here for more)Aryans and Zoroastrianism
There is also reasonable support from this for the OIT theory, but that goes off to a totally different topic.

Last edited:
How many fire worshippers still live in iran and how many are there in the world
There estimated to be nearly zero fire worshipper in Iran .

Matey as long as you don't go calling them divine or akin to islam or worshipping Allah were good

on a strange note I am sure one of my first cars was called a Mazda ahura or something similar
You knew if zoroastarian are fire worshippers then all Muslim are building worshipers.

they don't worship fire guys!! they worship one god named "ahura mazda" you can have one god and call him "jimmy" what's wrong now??
the important point is that iranians worshiped one god (the same god muslims call "allah" or christians call it "god" or "lord" ) since thousands of years ago unlike arabs which worshiped rock or other material stuffs before islam.
and who the phook said they worship fire? :lol: what a B.S!
fire is just a gift from god. (like other creations of god)

allah = the lord = ahura mazda

all prophets came to say there is only one god! now you can call your god whatever you like! ;)

@hussain0216 are you a muslim? i think qoran several times says that you should respect all prophets of god. and all nonmuslims who worship one god. do you read qoran?

Last edited:
recital of the avesta: Doesn't sound anything like Sanskrit.

recital of the vedas
They are two different scriptures of two different languages with different styles of recitation. Why would they sound similar?

Also modern pronunciations are most of the time not representative of ancient pronunciations.

Don't know about Avestan but the way we pronounce Sanskrit today is very different from what it was pronounced during Vedic times.

Ahura Mazda is NOT god, they do not worship Allah, lets make this clear

there equating God with Sun and fire is akin to Paganism not as bad as monkey or cow worship amongst hindus but not far off

What a sad lil fcker.

I hope Iranians can see what we have to deal with.

Last edited:
They are two different scriptures of two different languages with different styles of recitation. Why would they sound similar?

Also modern pronunciations are most of the time not representative of ancient pronunciations.

Don't know about Avestan but the way we pronounce Sanskrit today is very different from what it was pronounced during Vedic times.
I have heard that the recitation of vedas in South India is exactly how it was for thousands of years with the same rhythm and tone.

I have heard that the recitation of vedas in South India is exactly how it was for thousands of years with the same rhythm and tone.
It's a very small Brahmin community there which had been doing it. i said most of the times but not always because i knew about this exception.

@hussain0216

آیه 108- سوره انعام
وَلاَ تَسُبُّواْ الَّذِینَ یَدْعُونَ مِن دُونِ اللّهِ فَیَسُبُّواْ اللّهَ عَدْوًا بِغَیْرِ عِلْمٍ
qoran - verse 108 (an'aam)
translate : those who believe in god should not insult those who don't worship god.

point :
here you are not even insulting "those who don't believe in god " . you are insulting those who worship god (and not even fire as you claim )

so: simply , are you a real MUSLIM ??
i think you are hurting your own religion by acting like this however i doubt you be a muslim or you should know these things and you should read qoran at least one time!!! take some responsibility!

in the pictures the people have their hands open for saying prayers? it seems like the islamic way. is this gesture/stance an influence from islam later on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom