What's new

Zoroastrians

What is your proof the translator is sympathetic to kikeroaches, I ask again?
how many time i say no Iranian translator ever translated it as cow .
there was no place for cow in Zoroastrian creation mythology.
in fact cow is not an animal of special statue in Zoroastrian.

and as i said if you look at the Europeans translation , they have an agenda to tell that Judaism is the first monotheist religion and its only them that translate that part as cow . on other hand Iranian translators and Zoroastrian Mobeds translate that part as how I said. and it may be strange for some people because their ancient languages are batter translated by Europeans, but when it come to ancient Iranian languages like Avestan or Pahlavi language , its us who are the best translator not Europeans .

When I read the title of this thread "Zoroastrians", it tickle my interest to open it. I want to know about this old religion, and about their followers in today world. But instead of more scientific information, it's actually a debate about Zoroastrians from the perspective from another religion.

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَالَّذِينَ هَادُوا وَالصَّابِئِينَ وَالنَّصَارَىٰ وَالْمَجُوسَ وَالَّذِينَ أَشْرَكُوا إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَفْصِلُ بَيْنَهُمْ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ شَهِيدٌ
Quran 17 hajj

Indeed Allah will indeed judge between the faithful, the Jews, the Sabaeans, the Christians, the Magians and the polytheists on the Day of Resurrection. Indeed Allah is witness to all things.

Megians=zoroastrians

When I read the title of this thread "Zoroastrians", it tickle my interest to open it. I want to know about this old religion, and about their followers in today world. But instead of more scientific information, it's actually a debate about Zoroastrians from the perspective from another religion.
We have a reasonable (yet dwindling) population of them here in India. I'm privileged to call some of them my friends.. they've done exceptionally well for themselves and made a name in virtually all spheres of life, from military to business and everything in between.

A very industrious lot.

Their women are super hot too.

Good people, the Parsis.

@langda khan ... aao tippani providings pliz :P

We have a reasonable (yet dwindling) population of them here in India. I'm privileged to call some of them my friends.. they've done exceptionally well for themselves and made a name in virtually all spheres of life, from military to business and everything in between.

A very industrious lot.

Their women are super hot too.

Good people, the Parsis.

@langda khan ... aao tippani providings pliz :P

Pass.

I come from a family where I would get termed for all this but yet my research on various things such as ‘Ancient History’, Different religions, Myths, archaeological evidence forces me to correct my beliefs with regards to the current understanding of Islam.

I view Quran as the Light, Unparalleled and most reliable as compared to the fragments of ahadith that were documented later on. Much of the ahadith are more of a local tradition than the religion itself.

What is the source of our division? How much more can we be cursed than insisting on remaining divided because someone cooked up something in volume that of that and all he had to do was associate it with the greatest person of all times. These kings, wealthy capitalists and clergy has enslaved us again after being set free by Islam.

The most simplest of concepts have been made the most complicated which in turn has produced such division and confusion that no one even gets the freedom to raise a question and ask or challenge it, if I was born free and equal then who are others to enslave me and force their beliefs upon me, if I don't question and accept it blindly then what is the purpose of accountability and judgement?

What is the source of our division? How much more can we be cursed than insisting on remaining divided because someone cooked up something in volume that of that and all he had to do was associate it with the greatest person of all times. These kings, wealthy capitalists and clergy has enslaved us again after being set free by Islam.

The most simplest of concepts have been made the most complicated which in turn has produced such division and confusion that no one even gets the freedom to raise a question and ask or challenge it, if I was born free and equal then who are others to enslave me and force their beliefs upon me, if I don't question and accept it blindly then what is the purpose of accountability and judgement?
Exactly, It didn’t take more than 40 years for Bible to start getting corrupted and after 180 years, A different book altogether was born with political influence.

We should never be 100% sure of the reliability of Ahadith as their collection and documentation was done after 200+ years.

And if we start believing them to be 100% true, Then unfortunately muslims are the biggest threat to Islam itself as some Ahadith are factually soo wrong in terms of science and history. Some are just a mixup of cultural myths and all.

BTW Namaz is Zoroastrian word for prayer which was adopted later by Muslim Persians and people influenced by them.

Do you know what they did to Islam?

They believe in one God, the Zartosht most probably may have been a Prophet with a divine book. However, like all others, Zoroastrians fell victim to clergy and rule of emperors and kings. They believed that King is son of God. They did convert to Islam, yes, but they did not leave their past beliefs and rituals behind, just imagine how successfully they have made iran holy, not for people in iran but for other Muslim countries as well. Most of our "Islamic history" that we believe as "Islamic history" is basically these people making it what they wanted it to be. The story of Karbala is story of one of their own past prince, the religious tombs and sites are actually past holy sites given Islamic colors and names.

It truly is very interesting.

They have a history, were an empire once, still are proudful people. But they were defeated and conquered by people who they always thought inferior, wildlings and weak.

my understanding on global religions overwhelmingly stems from the findings of the , well just call them Quranists/Scriptualists, that every clergy had their saint Paul moment. Masses adopting opinions of men over Revelation.

Moreover they are almost unimanious in their academic findings about Ali being one of the servants of The Almighty spearheading the charge against powers to be responsible for the institutional sabotage, spreading over millinnea, targeting natural way of life/fitrah concering homosapiens.

BTW Namaz is Zoroastrian word for prayer which was adopted later by Muslim Persians and people influenced by them.

yes same influenced people in whose company the word Salah is used, they vehemently talk about being Arabified.

Care to share your views on end of times in Zarostarian religion and concept of pure race?

thanks in advance

Zartosht (AS) was a true prophet. But problem is, His teachings was distorted by greedy clergies.

Most important point is that this religion is so very similar to Islam in many ways. That was one of the main reasons why prophet of Islam disagreed with military action against Iranian kingdom and chose the path of peace and negotiations with Iranian kingdom. Even after tearing his letter apart, he insisted on the point that Iranians would adapt Islam without any force. They just need to receive the massage.

Therefore, Islam never defeated Zoroastarian religion, on the contrary, Islam corrected it and completed it.
This is a very good point. Since it delves into Iranian history let us talk about the conversion of Iranians to Islam.

First off Iranian Nationalists who claim all Iranians were forcibly converted are either uneducated or dishonest.

Arab administrators under the Ummayad Caliphate did NOT encourage or push for conversion of Iranians or quite frankly any of their non Muslim subjects in other parts of their empire. The why is simple, $$$$ taxes.

The Ummayad monarchs were enriching themselves with jizya and even went so far as to enact Jizya on any non Arab who did convert to Islam. So for them spreading Islam was a net negative as they wanted money not Dawah.

This is why converting to Islam did NOT provide financial relief for Iranians or other non Arab ethnic groups. Anyone saying Iranians converted because of Jizya have not read the history of the Ummayads and the Abbasid revolution that was to follow.

So when did Iranians convert to Islam in large numbers? For that we must read about the man who known as Saman Khuda.

yes same influenced people in whose company the word Salah is used, they vehemently talk about being Arabified.
you can use pooja if you want, nothing wrong with it, the meaning is the same

This is a very good point. Since it delves into Iranian history let us talk about the conversion of Iranians to Islam.

First off Iranian Nationalists who claim all Iranians were forcibly converted are either uneducated or dishonest.

Arab administrators under the Ummayad Caliphate did NOT encourage or push for conversion of Iranians or quite frankly any of their non Muslim subjects in other parts of their empire. The why is simple, $$$$ taxes.

The Ummayad monarchs were enriching themselves with jizya and even went so far as to enact Jizya on any non Arab who did convert to Islam. So for them spreading Islam was a net negative as they wanted money not Dawah.

This is why converting to Islam did NOT provide financial relief for Iranians or other non Arab ethnic groups. Anyone saying Iranians converted because of Jizya have not read the history of the Ummayads and the Abbasid revolution that was to follow.

So when did Iranians convert to Islam in large numbers? For that we must read about the man who known as Saman Khuda.
Historical accounts do not support your statement:
The Savagery of the invading Khaliji Arabs as we recently witnessed by the treatment of Yazidi kurdish women and men in the hands of ISIL is a good example . same style of savagery 600 years later....Nationalist Iranians (not just Zorastrians) will not forget their history even if Mullahs of Iran try to hide this history from the Iranian public.

The Arabs invaded Persia not only for its reputed wealth, but to bring into the faith new converts and to impose Islam as the new state religion. They were religious zealots who believed that “in a religious war if one kills or is killed, one’s place in heaven is secure”. To impose the new religion, the old culture and creed had to be destroyed. Therefore first they targeted the libraries, universities and schools. Only few examples reflect the enormity of the calamity that befell upon Persia at 630 A.D. Although some events and figures appear legendary, nevertheless are considered to be true, as they have been recorded by many historians of the Islamic era.

When the Arab commander (Saad ibn-e Abi Vaghas) faced the huge library of Cteciphon, he wrote to Omar: what should be done about the books. Omar wrote back “If the books contradict the Koran, they are blasphemous and on the other hand if they are in agreement with the text of Koran, then they are not needed, as for us only Koran is sufficient”. Thus, the huge library was destroyed and the books or the product of the generations of Persian scientists and scholars were burned in fire or thrown into the Euphrates.[1] By the order of another Arab ruler (Ghotaibeh ibn-e Moslem) in Khwarezmia, those who were literate with all the historians, writers and Mobeds were massacred and their books burned so that after one generation the people were illiterate.[2] Other libraries in Ray and Khorassan received the same treatment and the famous international University of Gondishapour declined and eventually abandoned, and its library and books vanished. Ibn-e Khaldoun, the famous Islamic historian summarizes the whole anihilation and conflagration:” where is the Persian science that Omar ordered to be destroyed?” Only few books survived, because the Persian scholars translated them into Arabic.

To conquer Persia and force Islam, the Arab invaders resorted to many inhumane actions including massacre, mass enslavement of men, women and children, and imposition of heavy taxes (Jezyeh=Jizya) on those who did not convert. By the order of “Yazid ibn-e Mohalleb” in Gorgan so many Persians were beheaded that their blood mixed with water would energize the millstone to produce as much as one day meal for him, as he had vowed.[3] The event of blood mill has been quoted by the generations of Iranian Zoroastrian families to this day, yet our books of history have been silent about it. In recent years however, disenchanted Iranian scholars have been writing about the blood mills and in fact this event has been reported by our historians of the Islamic era. On the way to Mazandaran the same commander ordered 12,000 captives to be hanged at the two sides of the road so that the victorious Arab army pass through. Upon arrival, many more were massacred in that province and heavy tax (Jizya) was imposed on the survivors who did not convert. Some historians have estimated that a total of 400,000 civilians were massacred.[4] Even though the figure appears inflated, nevertheless it reflects the extent of atrocities committed by the Arab conquerors. After the battle of Alis, the Arab commander (Khalid ibn-e Valid) ordered all the prisoners of war be decapitated so that a creek of blood flows. When the city of Estakhr in the south put up stiff resistance against the Arab invaders, 40,000 residents were slaughtered or hanged.[5] One of the battles by the Arabs has been named, Jelovla (covered), because an estimated 100,000 bodies of the slain Iranian soldiers covered the desert.[6] It is reported that 130,000 Iranian women and children were enslaved and sold in the Mecca and Medina markets and large amount of gold and silver plundered. One respected Iranian scholar recently wrote, “Why so many had to die or suffer? Because one side was determined to impose his religion upon the other who could not understand ”.[7] The Arabs colonized, exploited and despised the population. In this context they called the Persians “Ajam” or mute. They even named the Iranian converts “Mavali” or “liberated slaves”. According to the Arab classification, this caste could not receive wages or booties of the war; they were to be protected and at times rewarded by their protectors. Mavalis were not allowed to ride horses and sometimes they were given away as gifts. One of the Umayyad Caliphs was quoted “milk the Persians and once their milk dries, suck their blood”.[8] With so much atrocities committed in the name of religion, how much truly the Arab invaders knew about Islam? By the order of Omar 1000 warriors who knew one Ayah of the Koran were to be selected to receive the booties of the war. But the problem was that among the Arab army there were not even 1,000 soldiers who could read one Ayah.[9]

IRANIAN HISTORY: POST-SASANIAN

The History of Zoroastrians after Arab Invasion;
Alien in Their Homeland

By: Dr. Daryoush Jahanian

Presented at the North American Zoroastrian Congress in San Francisco 1996

and the World Zoroastrian congress in Houston 2000-2001

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom