What's new

Iran's Zoroastrians celebrate Persian roots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matey as long as you don't go calling them divine or akin to islam or worshipping Allah were good

on a strange note I am sure one of my first cars was called a Mazda ahura or something similar

The Origin and Meaning of “Mazda” company:

The company’s name, “Mazda,” derives from Ahura Mazda, a god of the earliest civilizations in western Asia. We have interpreted Ahura Mazda, the god of wisdom, intelligence and harmony, as a symbol of the origin of both Eastern and Western civilizations, and also as a symbol of automotive culture. It incorporates a desire to achieve world peace and the development of the automobile manufacturing industry. It also derives from the name of our founder, Jujiro Matsuda.

Iranians are carrying it for the Zoros :lol:

What a lovely combination :rofl: :omghaha: :laugh: :lol: :D

I will like to go a bit off topic and post some interesting facts between Avestan, the language of Zoroastrian scripture and Vedic Sanskrit, the language of Hindu Vedas, which many of you might already know. These are of interest in Indo-European studies in general and Indo-Iranian studies in particular.

Grammatically there is little difference between the languages of the Avesta and the Vedas. Both languages underwent systematic phonetic change. However, according to Thomas-Burrow, in his book, The Sanskrit Language

"It is quite possible to find verses in the oldest portion of the Avesta, which simply by phonetic substitutions according to established laws can be turned into intelligible Sanskrit."

The languages of the Avesta and the Vedas shared some vocabulary that is not shared with the other Indo-European languages.

In the field of religion there are some interesting contrasts. Words such as devá have the meaning of god in the Vedas have the meaning of devil in the Avesta. Likewise some names for Vedic gods show up in the Avesta as evil spirits. This is likely due to the ancestors of the migrants to North India being a competing tribe of the tribe responsible for the creation of the Avesta,the Zoroastrian scripture.

I will like to go a bit off topic and post some interesting facts between Avestan, the language of Zoroastrian scripture and Vedic Sanskrit, the language of Hindu Vedas, which many of you might already know. These are of interest in Indo-European studies in general and Indo-Iranian studies in particular.

Grammatically there is little difference between the languages of the Avesta and the Vedas. Both languages underwent systematic phonetic change. However, according to Thomas-Burrow, in his book, The Sanskrit Language

"It is quite possible to find verses in the oldest portion of the Avesta, which simply by phonetic substitutions according to established laws can be turned into intelligible Sanskrit."

The languages of the Avesta and the Vedas shared some vocabulary that is not shared with the other Indo-European languages.

In the field of religion there are some interesting contrasts. Words such as devá have the meaning of god in the Vedas have the meaning of devil in the Avesta. Likewise some names for Vedic gods show up in the Avesta as evil spirits. This is likely due to the ancestors of the migrants to North India being a competing tribe of the tribe responsible for the creation of the Avesta,the Zoroastrian scripture.

recital of the avesta: Doesn't sound anything like Sanskrit.

recital of the vedas

Ahura Mazda is NOT god, they do not worship Allah, lets make this clear

there equating God with Sun and fire is akin to Paganism not as bad as monkey or cow worship amongst hindus but not far off

They are not pagans, do not start religious flame wars when you are ignorant on the subject matter.

If I am not wrong ... worshiping 5 times a day was really a Zoroastrian custom. So don't degrade a religion which has enriched Islam in a way.

Muslims were worshiping five times a day long before the first soldier stepped into Persia.

Good to see Zoroastrian is still alive in Perisa. Chinese first learned about this religion was from Zhang Qian's travel towards Parthia over 2000 yrs ago. Very interesting people & religion.

No, he means that Islam copied the concept from the Zoroastrianism.

That is incorrect, Muslims can pray 3 or 5 times a day. Although opinions differ which is more accurate most say both is acceptable depending on time you have as an individual. Anyway off topic and welcome back. :D

That is incorrect, Muslims can pray 3 or 5 times a day. Although opinions differ which is more accurate most say both is acceptable depending on time you have as an individual. Anyway off topic and welcome back. :lol:

I know they do. But the same way Jews and Christians ripped-off Babylonian and Egyptian myths. Muslims ripped-off Mithraism and Zoroastrianism :victory:

By the way, thank you! :D My main account will be unbanned in 10 days! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom