What's new

Iran’s Parliament approves outlines of strategic action plan to counter sanctions

So what happens if the government does not follow the new law/rules ?
They can impeach the government, but the process will take time and the Vice President will become the President for 3 months (the Vice President is Isaac Jahangiri, which is even worse than Rouhani). The whole process will take about 5 to 6 months at least. It's not worth it.
However, the personnel of the Iranian Atomic Agency that refuse to execute the law, they can be imprisoned. The law defined a prison sentence from 2 years to 25 years. I think the Guardian Council objected to that paragraph, and I don't know what happened to it.

Realistically, if the government decides not to implement the law, there's nothing that can be done now before the presidential election in late May / June. But I doubt that Rouhani would go down that path because most of his government can be prosecuted and will get prosecuted if that paragraph still exists in the law and this is a binding resolution.

Also, the full implementation of this resolution will take a while. The law says that the government has to add a 1,000 IR-2m centrifuges and another 1,000 IR-6 centrifuges to our current cascades of centrifuges by the end of the year. That will add about 10,000 SWU UF6 Kg/year to our enrichment capacity before the end of the current Iranian fiscal year in March, reaching a total number of 19,000 SWU. That's only one-tenth of the intended enrichment capacity. So, it will take more than a few months and even years to fully and completely implement this resolution.

Last edited:
I hope impeachment and possible arrest. Just an impeachment will straight jacket rohani and zarif and the other low lives until election time and and impeachment could even disqualify team zarif form entering the race to begin with.
However, the personnel of the Iranian Atomic Agency that refuse to execute the law, they can be imprisoned. The law defined a prison sentence from 2 years to 25 years. I think the Guardian Council objected to that paragraph, and I don't know what happened to it.

I hope it's still there otherwise the whole thing will be used toilet paper and nothing more.
Also, a more concrete step to be taken is to partially or totally militarize the program along with the space program with heavier security and less influence from any potentially garbage admin.
In fact if IRGC or other military take it over then the office of the SL will more direct oversight but there is also so much those entities can do and they can't control and micro manage everything in the country that needs proper management. What is needed is an administration of humans for humans to be in place, otherwise get rid of the presidency altogether and put a parliament and prime minister that can be dissolved by SL if ever needed in the future.

Last edited:
They can impeach the government, but the process will take time and the Vice President will become the President for 3 months (the Vice President is Isaac Jahangiri, which is even worse than Rouhani). The whole process will take about 5 to 6 months at least. It's not worth it.

Realistically, if the government decides not to implement the law, there's nothing that can be done now before the presidential election in late May / June. But I doubt that Rouhani would go down that path because most of his government can be prosecuted and will get prosecuted if that paragraph still exists in the law and this is a binding resolution.

Also, the full implementation of this resolution will take a while. The law says that the government has to add a 1,000 IR-2m centrifuges and another 1,000 IR-6 centrifuges to our current cascades of centrifuges. That will add about 10,000 SWU UF6 Kg/year to our enrichment capacity before the end of the current Iranian fiscal year, reaching a total number of 19,000 SWU. That's only one-tenth of the intended enrichment capacity. So, it will take months and even years to fully implement this resolution.

I hope impeachment and possible arrest. Just an impeachment will straight jacket rohani and zarif and the other low lives until election time and and impeachment could even disqualify team zarif form entering the race to begin with.

Wow this just shows how deeply divided Iranian politics is and the main factor for restricting Iran's hands to effectively strike at the Zionist terrorists. Explains it all.

I hope Khamenei steps in and agressively counter these western bootlickers.

Regarding this issue of Fatwa, is there any tangible proof of its existence? And if so, what is the exact wording? Does it prohibit the creations of nuclear weapons or merely the use of them in certain context? Keep in mind, the biggest role of nuclear weapons is deterrence, i.e defensive nature. I believe this notion of Iran not pursuing nuclear weapons as much as I believe it will not pursue ICBM's, in other words, I do not believe it for a second.

I remembered a few hours ago that Khatami sometime back in 1998 or 1999 pretty much threw out the fatwa death sentence on salman rushdie by the very founder of the IRI. He stated that the fatwa was a merely an "opinion" in jurisprudence and did not need to be set in stone as official government policy per se. It might have been an interview with Amanpour, but I'm not sure given how much time passed. Akhoonds can be a clever and wiley bunch so don't be surprised if this fatwa is also treated as an opinion of sorts...
and the main factor for restricting Iran's hands to effectively strike at the Zionist terrorists.
If it were only that; these capabilities will ensure that the holocaust famine of WW1 and invasions of WW2 and the abominations forced on the country during the Qajars don't happen again. For Iranians, the phrase "NEVER AGAIN" should have as much weight and be screamed louder any other group of people! It's not just today's threats, but the future alexanders and Chinghiz Khans need to be kept in check.

Last edited:

There in adopted law one of it's articles establish the criminal penalties for failure to follow the law
It’s all political theater
Rouhani rejects it

Rouhani don't have veto right. Law after adoption by parliament was today passed by Guardian council and therefore the law must be published and come into force.

There in adopted law one of it's articles establish the criminal penalties for failure to follow the law

Rouhani don't have veto right. Law after adoption by parliament was today passed by Guardian council and therefore the law must be published and come into force.

Yeah in 2 months when the law is still not in force, then what will you say?

People don’t understand Iranian culture 1 iota.

As if the desperate Republic factions would shoot themselves in the foot to start off negotiations. This is the same Republic that stayed in the nuclear deal for over a year while US continued to sanction it.

JCPOA is supported by majority of the factions unfortunately. And whatever the Supreme Leader wants to say, he will still allow new negotiations while complaining he doesn’t see any point.

All a form of theater that Iranians have mastered over thousands of years.

I hope Khamenei steps in and agressively counter these western bootlickers.
Khamenei seems confused to me. He knows that they're screwing him over, but he isn't willing to take a risk and do something about it.

It’s all political theater

Rouhani rejects it

Supreme Leader won’t allow it to get implemented anyway
It passed the Guardian council (The council which every one refers to as leader's leverage), so nothing can stop it now. Rouhani or any official who reject it will be persecuted in due time!

Supreme Leader welcomes such a moves.

Maybe an undisclosed health issue? Maybe senility? He's 80 years old now. Maybe he knows that his opponents have penetrated inside his inner circle and he's afraid?
Oh god, i would love to see Khomeini back in power. He would never let crimes go unanswered. Israel and the US are very lucky.

Iran's supreme leader is playing a balancing role between the principalists and the reformists, this may give a perception of passivity. He gave the the reformists leeway to get sanctions relief via the JCPOA, whilst it was not 100% successful, it was not really a failure until Trump came along. Now that Biden is coming and it seem JCPOA will be given life, I expect the supreme leader to allow that in order to breath some life into Iranian economy. The real test for the JCPOA is in the next 4 years, not the previous 4 years.

Iran's supreme leader is playing a balancing role between the principalists and the reformists, this may give a perception of passivity. He gave the the reformists leeway to get sanctions relief via the JCPOA, whilst it was not 100% successful, it was not really a failure until Trump came along. Now that Biden is coming and it seem JCPOA will be given life, I expect the supreme leader to allow that in order to breath some life into Iranian economy. The real test for the JCPOA is in the next 4 years, not the previous 4 years.
The whole idea that the West will loosen sanctions on Iran is wrong and shortsighted.

Back
Top Bottom