What's new

Iran's Options

Who says about general ? I actually meant one who is running their actual forein policies. This person is not the secretary of state but more powerful.

I mean Iran could take out Sheldon Adelson or bomb AIPAC or something lol.

That would be impossible and they would be flattened.

Kharg is Iran’s main oil terminal. Invading that would require approvals from Congress as that is an official act of war: invasion of a foreign land.

Furthermore, all those Islands have a IRGC contingency along with thousands of anti ship missiles line the Iranian coastline with S-300 and Bavar-373 overhead. Meaning any paratroopers flying in C-130s will be shot down easily.

Fair enough, although I would argue that the 82nd airborne division (I think this is the division he was referring to) is quite capable enough of getting into the Islands and holding it given the massive sea and air support they will receive when the operation is under way.

Now for how long they can hold it whilst under constant precision Iranian missile and drone strikes is another another story.

The main point is that the occupation of the Islands would act as ransom on behalf of the Americans.

2 more things

Nuclear weapon needs to be tested

And Israel, against repeated Jew attempts to remove Iranian proxies, Iran has built up quite a network
With the Americans doing the heavy work the Jews will be chomping to do something, but unless forced Iran either needs to go all out against Israel or leave them out whilst they deal with the U.S

The dopey Arabs will be a problem as well

Hahahaha Don't be so naive! The President has power to send troops anywhere without Congress approval. Only 5 times in history as Congress officially declared war.

There was a vote for Afghanistan war and Iraq war. Obama put up Syria strikes to vote and got denied.

So stop quoting me troll.

I think you are missing the point, my friend. The Khorramshahr missile has a strong resemblance to Hwasong-10. Hwasong-10 has a range of 4,000 kilometers, carrying a warhead of 650 kilograms. Khorramshahr is reported to have a range of 2,000 kilometers, carrying a warhead of 1,800 kilograms. Now you do the math.

Iran has a policy of restricting our missile range to 2,000 kilometers. We tested our first missile with a 2,000 kilometer range (Shahab-3) in 2003 and we have continued to follow the same policy since then.

What Iran needs is the 13000 KM ICBM that can carry multiple MIRV miniaturized nuclear warheads.

Without a sword to protect yourself, they will squeeze you even harder.

Fair enough, although I would argue that the 82nd airborne division (I think this is the division he was referring to) is quite capable enough of getting into the Islands and holding it given the massive sea and air support they will receive when the operation is under way.

Now for how long they can hold it whilst under constant precision Iranian missile and drone strikes is another another story.

The main point is that the occupation of the Islands would act as ransom on behalf of the Americans.

82nd airborne will not be able to take the Islands. There is not enough firepower in the region. And you seriously underestimate how many anti ship missiles are buried in the Iranian coastline and on the islands themselves.

Plus it doesn’t even make sense to take the Islands without being at war.

Nope.

Best option is use Solemani passing to detonate nuclear bomb and become a nuclear power. With a nuclear umbrella Iran will have a lot more power to achieve its objectives.

If I was Iran, i would bait the US into an attack on the mainland. Do a strike in Middle East that would force a response on Iranian soil then pull out of NPT and JCPOA and detonate nuclear bomb.
Iran doesn't have nuclear capability yet. They could fake one only to fool the public. However, the US mil and others would know it's a hoax due to their radiation aircraft etc.
Just do a missile attack and call it a day. Problem is the US response will be deadly.

What Iran needs is the 13000 KM ICBM that can carry multiple MIRV miniaturized nuclear warheads.

Without a sword to protect yourself, they will squeeze you even harder.

There's no getting around it whatsoever. Iran is in a hard position, a damned if you damned if you don't type of scenario.

82nd airborne will not be able to take the Islands. There is not enough firepower in the region. And you seriously underestimate how many anti ship missiles are buried in the Iranian coastline and on the islands themselves.

Taking any Iranian territory is pointless

They will just hit you using technological advantage

No, I think our sentiments about Iran's missile stockpile are in line but the suggestion of the 82nd airborne being used would be under the pretext that the situation has deteriorated enough and U.S. and Iran are practically at war at that point so taking the Islands would be a possibility. This is what was told to me in my exchange with my other Iranian friends, it isn't my own suggestion mind you.

Back
Top Bottom