What's new

Iran's Options

Look at NK, at least they are staying in a more secured position than Iran.
Apples and oranges in my opinion. North Korea does not have a network of proxies operating in the Far East. They are not currently involved in any conflict beyond their borders.

The Rouhani government had also done a lot of things to harm China's interests.

Not only kicking the Chinese companies out of Iran after obtaining a deal with the Obama admin, also to act as a whistleblower to the US about the secret cooperation between Huawei and Iran.

Truthfully speaking I don't have much information about how Iran treated the Chinese post JCPOA so I can't personally substantiate what you say but I don't doubt what you've said at all. It seems to be inline with what Rouhani's administration would undertake in order to appease the West.

If Iran makes it through Trumps mayhem then I can only hope Iran redoubles its effort to the East.

US has never attacked official Russian forces in Syria.

They attacked the equivalent of blackwater Mercenaries that were on contract with the SAA.

If Iran had the bomb, 100% the US would not have assassinated Solemani.

Iran has a huge number of conventional ballistic missiles.

If a good portions of these missiles are nuclear capable ICBMs, then the US won't act so lawlessly against Iran.

Didn't Turkey, a non-nuclear NATO member, shoot down two Russian jets a year ago or two? What was Russia's reaction to that? That's also a declaration of war. And Russia is fully capable of turning Turkey into ashes.

You can't tell that for sure. We are dealing with an idiot in the White House that takes pride in being unpredictable.

It was one jet.

Russia then sanctioned Turkey and turkey suffered immensely from drop in tourism. As many Russians stopped going to Turkey for tourism.

Russia also killed a few Turkish soldiers later down the road I believe. Then Turkey came begging for forgiveness and is now purchasing the S-400 from Russia.

So it worked out didn’t it?

Truthfully speaking I don't have much information about how Iran treated the Chinese post JCPOA so I can't personally substantiate what you say but I don't doubt what you've said at all. It seems to be inline with what Rouhani's administration would undertake in order to appease the West.

If Iran makes it through Trumps mayhem then I can only hope Iran redoubles its effort to the East.

Iran needs to get rid of those pro-West reformers and doves when it comes the next year's presidential election.

Just re-install a patriotic hawk like General Soleimani as the next President.

It was one jet.

Russia then sanctioned Turkey and turkey suffered immensely from drop in tourism. Russia also killed a few Turkish soldiers later down the road. Then Turkey came begging for forgiveness and is now purchasing the S-400 from Russia.

So it worked out didn’t it?
One jet, two pilots. Does it matter?

Did Russia force Turkey into an apology by her military might? Nope. Did her military might and nukes prevent Turkey from making such a stupid move back then? Nope.

Iran has a huge number of conventional ballistic missiles.

If a good portions of these missiles are nuclear capable ICBMs, then the US won't act so lawlessly against Iran.

Trump did this because he genuinely thought Soleimani was a target the U.S. would be able to kill and get away with relatively unscathed but American underestimating its enemies is nothing new. Moreover as The Immortal put so eloquently, this indeed seems to be a concerted effort to kill and degrade Iran and its allies ability to organize effective resistance when the missile start flying for real.

What I'm sure of is that Iran will act and if this leads to war then it is a just war to be fought. But the nation that decides whether it will be war is Iran based on the size and scope of Iran's retaliation.

What happens next is truly anyones guess.

Apples and oranges in my opinion. North Korea does not have a network of proxies operating in the Far East. They are not currently involved in any conflict beyond their borders.

They are getting threatened by the same country as Iran.

The US will think twice now for launching an attack on NK compared to what they did to Iran.

Did Russia force Turkey into an apology by her military might? Nope. Did her military might and nukes prevent Turkey from making such a stupid move back then? Nope.

You simply both underestimate the power of nukes and yet overestimate the power of nukes.

It’s quite fascinating really. You think having a nuke either means your untouchable Or countries will still pick on you so why have them.

They are getting threatened by the same country as Iran.

The US will think twice now for launching an attack on NK compared to what they did to Iran.
Yes, but they are not operating beyond their borders.

The US has not attacked an Iranian authority inside our territory. It has attacked him on a foreign country which is currently very unstable and is occupied by them. I'm sure that the US won't hesitate to do the same to the NK if they had one of their top generals operating in a country occupied by the US.

You simply both underestimate the power of nukes and yet overestimate the power of nukes.

It’s quite fascinating really. You think having a nuke either means your untouchable Or countries will still pick on you so why have them.

North Korea lol, that's describes what you posted damn near perfectly.

Russia and Turkey now good friends so all is fine and dandy.

That is what you are trying to claim. You are claiming that had Iran had nukes, the US would've never dared to assassinate Soleimani. All I'm saying is that it's not that easy.

The only reason that the US did something like this is because there's a person in control of the US Army that enjoys feeling special because he has done something stupid that nobody else would do.

Trump did this because he genuinely thought Soleimani was a target the U.S. would be able to kill and get away with relatively unscathed but American underestimating its enemies is nothing new. Moreover as The Immortal put so eloquently, this indeed seems to be a concerted effort to kill and degrade Iran and its allies ability to organize effective resistance when the missile start flying for real.

What I'm sure of is that Iran will act and if this leads to war then it is a just war to be fought. But the nation that decides whether it will be war is Iran based on the size and scope of Iran's retaliation.

What happens next is truly anyones guess.

Iran right now doesn't have enough power to conduct a head-on collision with the US.

But to acquire the nuclear capable ICBM in a shortcut way like NK shouldn't be something far beyond Iran's capability.

First to make sure that the US won't dare to attack you, and to cooperate further deeper with China and Russia to remove the US influence in the Middle East.

When you cannot even defend yourself, how you can possibly focus to develop your own economy?

Iran right now doesn't have enough power to conduct a head-on collision with the US.

But to acquire the nuclear capable ICBM in a shortcut way like NK shouldn't be some far beyond Iran's capability.

First to make sure that the US won't dare to attack you, and to cooperate further deeper with China and Russia to remove the US influence in the Middle East.

When you cannot even defend yourself, how you can possibly focus to develop your own economy?
OK. So, back to my original question, let's assume that Iran has nukes. How can Iran respond to this situation now? Please tell me how a nuclear capable Iran can respond to the current provocation by the US.

If you think that just having nukes is enough, I respectfully disagree. And as an example, I told you about Turkey shooting down the Russian jet fighter over Syria.

Back
Top Bottom